Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NOT GOOD/ BUT CARDIFF PLAYER "

Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:42 pm

" NOT GOOD / BUT CARDIFF PLAYER "

UPDATED viewtopic.php?f=2&t=177466 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Not good news,but finally New signing Joe Bennett getting there.

My opinion, Bennett has now cost us over a £100,000 so far and not tounched a ball yet, not good business by our Committee.

Some injury doubts for Cardiff City's game away to Rotherham tomorrow

Some bad news, but a boost for Stuart O’Keefe

A Few doubts - Kadeem Harris missed a couple days training (ankle ), Gunnarsson missed a bit with his calf. Gounongbe took a bad stud to his Achilles on the weekend, so got quite a few doubts, especially in attacking areas. That’s what the squad is for, if people are missing then opportunity knocks for others.

Joe Bennett is working hard to get back to full training, calf not settled down as quickly as we thought, he should be in squad training next week, but not expected to play till mid October.

Stuart O’Keefe - he’s been training fully for 10 day/2 weeks so he’s in contention.

Anthony Pilkington a major doubt for tomorrow

Cardiff have a host of injury concerns ahead of the game tomorrow and Cardiff manager Paiul Trollope will have to wait till tomorrow morning to assess a few City players.

Anthony Pilkington has missed a lot of the week, it’s a muscle issue in his thigh and he’s being assessed this morning, Fingers crossed with him, he could potentially play tomorrow. It’s a big fingers crossed, though, He’s a big player for us so missing him would be a blow, but it will give someone else a chance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " NOT GOOD/ BUT CARDIFF PLAYER "

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

I don't think Joe Bennett is on the £25k you're quoting annis

Good news with O'Keefe though

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:15 pm

sid61284 wrote:I don't think Joe Bennett is on the £25k you're quoting annis

Sid,Where did I quote that? ?
Your always jumping the gun with my posts.
Hes on about £15,000 a week, so including his signing on fee and by the time he plays,he will have cost us at least £100,000 and missed about 14 games.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hes on about £15,000 a week, so including his signing on fee and by the time he plays,he will have cost us at least £100,000 and missed about 14 games.

Sorry Annis just saw the 100k and he's been here 4 weeks. Didn't take in to account signing on fee.

On the other hand I think we got an asset worth a lot more than that once he's back fit

Also he would have missed 6 games
Last edited by sid61284 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Bloody 'ell is he really on £15K a week ? If that's the case he's either more highly rated than I'd realised (a positive !) or we've paid over the odds again (a negative !) :roll: :lol:

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:24 pm

sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sorry Annis just saw the 100k and he's been here 4 weeks. Didn't take in to account signing on fee.

On the other hand I think we got an asset worth a lot more than that once he's back fit

Sid, I heard good reports about him two years ago, I hope he gets back to that stage again :thumbright: :thumbright:

Just can't understand why we signed an injured player when we needed him now?

26th August We signed Joe Bennett and he failed medical due to carrying injury,but was a free transfer, we paid Bennett a signing on fee.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sid, I heard good reports about him two years ago, I hope he gets back to that stage again :thumbright: :thumbright:

26th August We signed Joe Bennett and he failed medical due to carrying injury,but was a free transfer, we paid Bennett a signing on fee.

Do we really need him at all?

Great if he lives up to potential. We will have a great asset.

But at full back we are quite capable with Jazz, Dec, Peltier and Connolly as cover when needed

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:29 pm

sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But at full back we are quite capable with Jazz, Dec, Peltier and Connolly as cover when needed

True, but apparently he was real quality once, I wonder why Villa gave him away? ?

We don't half make some bad signings and Never learn.

Our Committee, in my opinion do not know what they are doing.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

True, but apparently he was real quality once, I wonder why Villa gave him away? ?

We don't half make some bad signings and Never learn.

Our Committee, in my opinion do not know what they are doing.

I think Bennett will turn out to be a good signing, only problem is it's in a position where we didn't need new players

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Unfortunately there is such a thing as a Transfer Window, and we're not allowed to wait until a player gets fit :roll:

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We should send him on loan to KV Kortrijk where he will make a remarkable recovery and start scoring goals ;)

Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We should send him on loan to KV Kortrijk where he will make a remarkable recovery and start scoring goals ;)

Even I would score goals in that league

Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Is Richards a natural fullback? because out of Peltier,John and Connolly, only Pelts is a natural fullback so perhaps we do need cover in that position.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:54 pm

All I know is shef weds fans were gutted he didn't go to them, I often worry why they are let go but only time will tell. I have a feeling he will be decent for us. :thumbup:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:47 am

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Unfortunately there is such a thing as a Transfer Window, and we're not allowed to wait until a player gets fit :roll:

So do you think that its good to sign a player injured and misses your first 14 games,when we are desperate for quality now?

We are supposedly hard up on the cash scene,yet over £100,000 has already gone.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

So do you think that its good to sign a player injured and misses your first 14 games,when we are desperate for quality now?

this player is quality and 100k is nothing these days in football ,there's was no transfer fee so worth the gamble

Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:10 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

this player is quality and 100k is nothing these days in football ,there's was no transfer fee so worth the gamble

Wez, Hes not played and for me its not good business signing an injured player.

£100,000 to City nowadays is a fortune.