Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sack the Manager? You Must Be Joking!

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:37 pm

See link:

http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.com/

Re: Sack the Manager? You Must Be Joking!

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Welcome back TLG,

I believe he should have gone last Season and still believe he will NOT TAKE US UP THIS YR. I have given My REASONS a thousand times so I wont bore you with them again, But I STAND BY WHAT I HAVE ALWAYS SAID HE SHOULD NOT BE OUR MANAGER, I HOPE HE PROVES ME WRONG.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:00 pm

i use to always stick up for dj, but no more, you seem to be working for dj and pr lately?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:03 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:i use to always stick up for dj, but no more, you seem to be working for dj and pr lately?

None of that Sniping on here, your not on Mikes Mb where anything goes, TLG has just given his own Opinion, which is what this MB is All about.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:07 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:See link:

http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.com/

After reading your blog again, you seem to be doing a Dave Jones blame it on all the players, he has too take the majority of the Blame in My Opinion.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:10 pm

TLG.....this is my view on the situation.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1768

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:14 pm

Well said everyone has a freedom to talk but the end of the day we are all city fans on this board so we should all stick together whether you think there right or wrong my opinon he has had long enough and failed and has lost the dressing room his days are numbered

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:17 pm

We will not go up under Dave Jones, whatever the reasons/excuses. That's this season, next season or whatever season he stays on until. His chance has come and gone. This is my opinion.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:20 pm

BlooDan wrote:We will not go up under Dave Jones, whatever the reasons/excuses. That's this season, next season or whatever season he stays on until. His chance has come and gone. This is my opinion.

The man chokes on the final hurdle, he just has not got what it takes, he has NO PLAN B and you TLG Once said to me he is a 1st 11 manager and thats it, after that he has not got a clue.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:you seem to be working for dj and pr lately?

The club is in its highest position halfway through a season for forty one years, and I'm working for Jones and Ridsdale because I point that simple fact out?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:22 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Ninian 72 wrote:you seem to be working for dj and pr lately?

The club is in its highest position halfway through a season for forty one years, and I'm working for Jones and Ridsdale because I point that simple fact out?

Forget him, TLG you your self in your heart doesnt rate DJ?

Do you think he will take us up?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:26 pm

But in your article you say:

I believe Jones is a managerial dinosaur in many respects and if the truth be told I'll be surprised if he can lead his team into the play-offs this season.

So you're either being stubborn or mad in sticking with him even if you don't think he has it. And if he is a dinosaur, how well will he do for us in the division above? Given another year there to spend the money? Be allowed to bring us back down again and given another go? The line you're drawing is arbitary. If you lose faith in him to this degree he has to go. End of in my eyes.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

You know me, I think Jones is hugely overrated. As I said in the blog, I am not a fan of his, and I will be pleasantly surprised if he gets us into the play-offs.

However, in my opinion, you just cannot sack a manager halfway through a season when you are fourth in the table!

As I said to you earlier, we were all disgusted with that draw yesterday and were grizzling about it for ages on our bus. Then we suddenly found out we'd actually gone up a place to fourth! That didn't make things better by any means but it put them into some sort of perspective.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:30 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

You know me, I think Jones is hugely overrated. As I said in the blog, I am not a fan of his, and I will be pleasantly surprised if he gets us into the play-offs.

However, in my opinion, you just cannot sack a manager halfway through a season when you are fourth in the table!

As I said to you earlier, we were all disgusted with that draw yesterday and were grizzling about it for ages on our bus. Then we suddenly found out we'd actually gone up a place to fourth! That didn't make things better by any means but it put them into some sort of perspective.[/quot

Fair enough.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:30 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

As I said to you earlier, we were all disgusted with that draw yesterday and were grizzling about it for ages on our bus. Then we suddenly found out we'd actually gone up a place to fourth! That didn't make things better by any means but it put them into some sort of perspective.

dave, if jonesy did go who would be your choice for manager??

thanks baz

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Baz, 100% Darren Ferguson.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:32 pm

BlooDan wrote:So you're either being stubborn or mad in sticking with him even if you don't think he has it. And if he is a dinosaur, how well will he do for us in the division above?

I don't rate him, but I think back to late-2007. I wanted Jones out then. I thought he deserved to be sacked after twelve months of poor results, but the Chairman stuck by him and we ended up in the FA Cup final. Jones was, I believe, lucky to get us there, but get us there he did. Hopefully he will be lucky enough to get us to the Premiership too.

As things stand, we are fourth in the table. The clubs below us include Sheffield United, Middlesbrough, Derby and Ipswich. At the present time I don't think we can hope for or expect any more than that.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Dave Jones Out.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:34 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

I don't have one, Baz. At the moment, it's not even something I'm considering. The club won't sack Jones while we're in the play-off positions so it's not something I've given any serious thought to.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:36 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

I don't have one, Baz. At the moment, it's not even something I'm considering. The club won't sack Jones while we're in the play-off positions so it's not something I've given any serious thought to.

cheers, just that theres loads of names been bantered about and everyone has got a different view

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:39 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:cheers, just that theres loads of names been bantered about and everyone has got a different view

It changes so quickly, Baz.

People who are available now might not be in a couple of months, and vice versa.

In my opinion, given the way the market changes so rapidly, the only time to seriously consider naming a choice of new manager is after the old one has been given the boot!

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:40 pm

When I tell fans of other clubs (Mainly plastics.) that a lot of our support want Jones out, they look at me in total disbelief! They cant believe a club in our position would want to replace a manager who has put us in the top four. Some of our fans need to get real, Jones is doing ok judging by our league position, to sack him would be madness!

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Bluebird4eva wrote:When I tell fans of other clubs (Mainly plastics.) that a lot of our support want Jones out, they look at me in total disbelief! They cant believe a club in our position would want to replace a manager who has put us in the top four. Some of our fans need to get real, Jones is doing ok judging by our league position, to sack him would be madness!

I respect your opinion,I hope he proves me wrong, do you tell them 5 years later he is ready to bottle it again.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:43 pm

Can anyone name a good manager we have had in the last 30yrs because i cant.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Bluebird4eva wrote:When I tell fans of other clubs (Mainly plastics.) that a lot of our support want Jones out, they look at me in total disbelief! They cant believe a club in our position would want to replace a manager who has put us in the top four. Some of our fans need to get real, Jones is doing ok judging by our league position, to sack him would be madness!

As a fan though dont you see the same scenario happening all over again, we will bottle it again this season and miss out on the play offs the way we are going.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:03 am

Apologies in advance for boring people with my opinion.

Yes we may be 4th but you have to look at the bigger picture. We don’t have a realistic chance of finishing in the top two and even if we do get to the playoffs we know there is a lack of steel, mental strength and nous within the team and the management to get through them. People say that we are overachieving given that we are 8th in the wage budget ‘league’. However, I would argue that we have a disproportionately high wage bill for the comparatively small squad that we’ve got.

I wouldn’t trust DJ with any impending transfer kitty given his mediocre signings this year. Yes he has had to sell some of our best assets but he has also wasted funds and wages on some right duds. Didn’t he also state after last season’s woeful capitulation that there was a lack of leaders in the team hence the reason he brought in a number of players who had been captains at their previous clubs. Well there doesn’t appear to be any improvement in that department.

He has been none too clever in the loan market either. Last season in addition to recruiting a couple of dodgy keepers he wasted high wages on Quincy and E Johnson and hardly played either of them. This season he has brought in a winger on loan instead of addressing the central midfield problem. He seems to be the only one who cannot see that you can sometimes drive a double decker bus through our midfield

He never shows any initiative to change a game or react to changes made by the opposition. Despite his experience he gets outwitted by novice managers and what I find particularly galling is his lack of accountability for some of the shocking displays that have been dished up. He is reminiscent of John Belushi in the scene from the Blues Brothers where his ex girlfriend finally catches up with him to remonstrate why he jilted her at the alter. He starts to provide a list of excuses such as the car broke down, there was a flood, a terrible earthquake etc, etc before finally declaring ‘LOOK IT WASN’T MY FAULT’. Well DJ sometimes it is !

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:23 am

I know this isn't going to go down well but I will quote Peter Ridsdale... :lol:

'I don't believe in knee jerk reactions'.

Call me pessimistic or whatever but before these two games against Plymouth and Peterborough I said to my brother 'no joke, I will take 2 points from the next two games and that's being greedy!'. I know it's a bad comparison but on Football Manager I always do well against the good teams and poorly against the bad teams. Sometimes it's just the way it goes.

I am sticking by my word. At the start of the season I said I would back Jones until the end of this season and if we don't finish higher than 7th then I will say he needs to go.

Clubs around the world thrive for progression. We have enjoyed that with Jones. Yes, it's been slow and enduring but look at clubs like Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Charlton, Norwich, Crewe and many, many more. They're not even improving, they're getting worse.

Jones isn't everyone's cup of tea but he's taking us forward. It's not nice, it's not pretty but he's still doing it. So long as his record improves every season I don't think we should sack him. I remember where we were not so long ago and I am prepared to wait just a bit longer to get to where we need to be.

We need patience and to give the team our support. Face it lads, Ridsdale is not going to sack Jones this season. That's the end of it. Moan all we want. So we might as well turn our energy into something positive and back the team. See how they got against Plymouth when we started moaning and groaning at each little missed pass? I'm not condoning how they played but as fans we need to take some responsibility and encourage them until the end.

Let's stop these 'Jones Out!' demands because it's falling on deaf ears. I don't blame those deaf ears either because so long as our record each season improves he has my backing. He could be a better manager but if he was then he'd be in the Premiership. I think some fans have become too spoilt. I'm not saying we don't deserve more, I'm just saying we need to be patient to achieve it.