Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TROLLOPE SAYS:"INJURIES HAD A BEARING ON OUR DEFEAT"

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:39 am

TROLLOPE SAYS:"INJURIES HAD A BEARING ON OUR DEFEAT"

30/09/16

Paul Trollopes Reflecting on Derby home defeat

We wanted to back last Saturday up with a positive result - that wasn’t to be.
We took a lot of heart from Rotherham and we want to build on that away feeling. We weren’t capable against Derby and it was frustrating. The injuries to senior players had a bearing on the defeat, but I think we look back and think we were beaten by the better team on the night and sometimes you have to accept.

I thought there was a decent spirit among the group, a lot of things were decent enough in the first half but we conceded a couple of goals and we are looking to bounce back and if we can put on a good performance, and get a second win from three games, would be a decent return.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TROLLOPE SAYS:"INJURIES HAD A BEARING ON OUR DEFEAT"

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:52 am

What a pathetic excuse - what about the other 5 losses in 9 games before that?

Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:39 pm

Funny comment that considering we could be without Immers, Lambert and def Connolly for Saturday!

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:11 pm

He will end up convincing himself it isn't his fault. Deluded

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:17 pm

What do you expect when your only striker is 32, has barely played 90 mins in the last 2 seasons and is expected to play 4 games on the bounce

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:35 pm

KBK-13 wrote:What do you expect when your only striker is 32, has barely played 90 mins in the last 2 seasons and is expected to play 4 games on the bounce

Nail»head

Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:25 pm

KBK-13 wrote:What do you expect when your only striker is 32, has barely played 90 mins in the last 2 seasons and is expected to play 4 games on the bounce

He's going on for 35, and like I said when we signed him, at that age you pick injuries up easily and take longer to recover from them.