Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Cardiff fan who wants a defeat today

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:35 am

:o :o
I found this by a so called loyal fan Mike Morris
I'm heading to Burton in the morning with my mind in bits.

Obviously never want City to lose but if defeat means a manager change and a possible improvement then I'll take a hit at Burton.

A Trollope win likely to be a temporary reprieve only.

Cripes we are a big of shite just now.

Re: A Cardiff fan who wants a defeat today

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:41 am

grange_end1927 wrote::o :o

Obviously never want City to lose but if defeat means a manager change and a possible improvement then I'll take a hit at Burton.

No city fan should ever want to see us lose, it's all well and good getting rid of Trollope (in my opinion he is way out of his depth) providing we bring in a seasoned championship manager with a good cv, but we could end up with another cheap option dead beat.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:59 am

cityone wrote:

No city fan should ever want to see us lose, it's all well and good getting rid of Trollope (in my opinion he is way out of his depth) providing we bring in a seasoned championship manager with a good cv, but we could end up with another cheap option dead beat.

No matter how bad things get I could never hope that my team lose ANY game. I want my team to do their very best to try to win EVERY game and that's the same for all loyal City fans.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:26 am

No City fan wants defeat but it is absolutely obvious this Trollope will get us relegated if he stays. He maybe a decent coach but he is not up to being manager of City. His underachievement with a relatively decent Championship squad is deplorable and the sooner he departs the more chance we have of staying up-so defeat may be a blessing.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:48 am

Anyone with even a grain of common sense can see what he means. Of course no one wants to see thier team lose, but surely you can see that if we are not even looking like turning things around, and we do look like a team that is going to spend the season battling to stay up then a win today may merely be papering over the cracks.

I like Paul Trollope, I think he's a good bloke and I sincerely hope he can turn things round, after all it's easy when your doing well, but it's times like this when a coach can really prove his worth. But deep down can you really see it happening?

What this fan (who is going to Burton today) is saying is that if he is going to be sacked then the sooner we can get someone else in that may be able to rescue our season. I really hope it doesn't come to that but I can completely understand his point of view. It is the point of view of someone that really cares about his clubs long term future, not just one game.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:30 am

Found what?

You like his site though because you pinch thread ideas off there and put them on here passing them off as your own :roll:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:35 am

harold pinta wrote:Anyone with even a grain of common sense can see what he means. Of course no one wants to see thier team lose, but surely you can see that if we are not even looking like turning things around, and we do look like a team that is going to spend the season battling to stay up then a win today may merely be papering over the cracks.

I like Paul Trollope, I think he's a good bloke and I sincerely hope he can turn things round, after all it's easy when your doing well, but it's times like this when a coach can really prove his worth. But deep down can you really see it happening?

What this fan (who is going to Burton today) is saying is that if he is going to be sacked then the sooner we can get someone else in that may be able to rescue our season. I really hope it doesn't come to that but I can completely understand his point of view. It is the point of view of someone that really cares about his clubs long term future, not just one game.

:thumbup:

I just love the irony. A "So called loyal fan" on his way to Burton is criticised by an armchair fan or more likely a multi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:50 am

I want Cardiff to win every game. With Trollope in charge, at our current rate we wont even win 10 this season and relegation would be certain at that rate.

If losing today is the trigger needed to make a change that at least points to a better future so be it. 1 step back to take two forward and all that.

A win today is likely to just paper over the cracks (as did last weeks) and so if he is going to go, better now then delay it longer making it harder for ourselves to attract a decent manager who still has time to turn things around.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:03 pm

Pricey wrote:

Found what?

You like his site though because you pinch thread ideas off there and put them on here passing them off as your own :roll:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:02 pm

I think the majority of City fans feel the same ???

It's surely better to lose today, and get rid of Trollope while there is still time to pick up enough points to avoid relegation ???

Mind you that really depends on who they would pick, I would gladly take a one nil loss to get Warnock or a proven Manager, rather than a win and keep Trollope who is out of his depth .....

Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Where have City said that if we lose today Trollope will be sacked? We could lose today and still be stuck with him for a bit longer, f**k me we need to get as many points on the board as possible. Don't forget in the championship you usually need around 50 points to stay up and we are a quarter of the way through the season already!

Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Even if we lose today there is no guarantee that the idiots who run our club would get rid of the clueless Trollope

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Surely now he's gone !!!

Get Warnock

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:59 pm

norms76 wrote:
Pricey wrote:

Found what?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed.

Literally nicks posts. it's really really strange.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:48 am

So called loyal fan?! Mike Morris? I've seen him at away games for years when we were shit and had hardly any fans. He's Cardiff through and through. Nice bloke too.