Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Enough Is Enough "

Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:51 pm

" Enough Is Enough "

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/10/0 ... -enough-2/ :thumbright:

At the completion of the game this afternoon, just under 25% of the way into the season, we find ourselves with 8pts and in 23rd place in the table. This equals our worst ever start to a Championship season since our return to this level in season 2003-04. In season 2004-05 after 11 games we also had 8 points and again we were in 23rd position in the table, we eventually finished 54 points and in 16th position.

In 2004-05 the club sold it's top goalscorer, Earnshaw, after just 4 league games into the season. Later that season when the money ran out the club sold Kavanagh just before the Football League closed it's transfer window in March, only to be followed by a massive clearout in the summer which saw players like Gabbidon, Collins, Thorne, McAnuff, Langley,Page, Robinson,Vidmar, Bullock and Croft depart.

During the summer Lennie Lawrence was "Moved Upstairs" to a "Consultant" position and Dave Jones was appointed Manager. Selling top players, replacing managers and moving managers upstairs sounds so familiar but the biggest difference, in my opinion, is then we had a new experienced manager, Dave Jones, and now ? You tell me. Despite DJ hardly having a squad worthy of the name and after signing 10 players, 3 on loan, we started the season reasonably well, after 11 games we had 15 points, 11th place in the league and, including cup matches DJ had a win % of 50% over those games. Currently PT has won just 16% which at any level is absolutely unacceptable.

Comparing that to the situation this season and, in particular the manager position, back in 2005 we had DJ a very experienced manager at this level and, in my opinion is a massive difference, DJ is a stubourn man who knows exactly the type of player that is required to compete at this level and, whilst, back then, we didn't set the world alight we did compete, indeed at one stage we even reached 5th position and, for 3 months occupied 7th or 8th position. Anyone think DJ would accept any transfer committee telling him what players were being signed. Hmmmmm.

This season we have an inexperienced manager in PT and, with that inexperience comes huge question marks over his knowledge of how get a squad and the tactics to compete at this level, and togther with having one hand tied behind his back by the "Transfer Committee" deciding the comings and goings, in my opinion, it's a recipe for disaster. Add to that the fact that this season there is no loan transfer window then any mistakes made during the summer stick with the squad until January.

The result of ALL of this was completely foreseeable and with just 8 points, 23rd position in the league, no Cardiff player having scored in the first 5 home League matches and a manager with a win % of just 16%. The lowest of any manager in the History of Cardiff City Football Club as a Football League Club, the consequences speak for themselves.

To put our current position into prespective over the last 10 season of the 30 teams ultimately relegated at the end of the season 83% of them had 8 points or more after 11 matches, this means that the desperate start to our season has left us squarely in the position which will probably see us ultimately relegated. Unless something changes.

Enough is enough and PT must be replaced without delay and the club must get an experienced manager at this level, our survival at this level is at stake. Warnock, Jones, Lambert, Davies ALL are currently out of work.

I have no doubt PT will be replaced but, given the quality of the "Executive" decisions taken over the last few years I'd put my money on Rowberry or Scott Young. God help us.

Re: " Enough Is Enough "

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Get the fool out now :old:

He hasn't got a clue, was looking forward to going to Villa as my next away game - but there is no way I will spend good money to watch the crap he and the team are dishing out.

No wonder the home fans are staying away :evil:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:17 pm

I'll be going to villa.....hopefully we'll have a new manager

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:17 pm

castleblue wrote:" Enough Is Enough "

At the completion of the game this afternoon, just under 25% of the way into the season, we find ourselves with 8pts and in 23rd place in the table. This equals our worst ever start to a Championship season since our return to this level in season 2003-04. In season 2004-05 after 11 games we also had 8 points and again we were in 23rd position in the table, we eventually finished 54 points and in 16th position.

In 2004-05 the club sold it's top goalscorer, Earnshaw, after just 4 league games into the season. Later that season when the money ran out the club sold Kavanagh just before the Football League closed it's transfer window in March, only to be followed by a massive clearout in the summer which saw players like Gabbidon, Collins, Thorne, McAnuff, Langley,Page, Robinson,Vidmar, Bullock and Croft depart.

During the summer Lennie Lawrence was "Moved Upstairs" to a "Consultant" position and Dave Jones was appointed Manager. Selling top players, replacing managers and moving managers upstairs sounds so familiar but the biggest difference, in my opinion, is then we had a new experienced manager, Dave Jones, and now ? You tell me. Despite DJ hardly having a squad worthy of the name and after signing 10 players, 3 on loan, we started the season reasonably well, after 11 games we had 15 points, 11th place in the league and, including cup matches DJ had a win % of 50% over those games. Currently PT has won just 16% which at any level is absolutely unacceptable.

Comparing that to the situation this season and, in particular the manager position, back in 2005 we had DJ a very experienced manager at this level and, in my opinion is a massive difference, DJ is a stubourn man who knows exactly the type of player that is required to compete at this level and, whilst, back then, we didn't set the world alight we did compete, indeed at one stage we even reached 5th position and, for 3 months occupied 7th or 8th position. Anyone think DJ would accept any transfer committee telling him what players were being signed. Hmmmmm.

This season we have an inexperienced manager in PT and, with that inexperience comes huge question marks over his knowledge of how get a squad and the tactics to compete at this level, and togther with having one hand tied behind his back by the "Transfer Committee" deciding the comings and goings, in my opinion, it's a recipe for disaster. Add to that the fact that this season there is no loan transfer window then any mistakes made during the summer stick with the squad until January.

The result of ALL of this was completely foreseeable and with just 8 points, 23rd position in the league, no Cardiff player having scored in the first 5 home League matches and a manager with a win % of just 16%. The lowest of any manager in the History of Cardiff City Football Club as a Football League Club, the consequences speak for themselves.

To put our current position into prespective over the last 10 season of the 30 teams ultimately relegated at the end of the season 83% of them had 8 points or more after 11 matches, this means that the desperate start to our season has left us squarely in the position which will probably see us ultimately relegated. Unless something changes.

Enough is enough and PT must be replaced without delay and the club must get an experienced manager at this level, our survival at this level is at stake. Warnock, Jones, Lambert, Davies ALL are currently out of work.

I have no doubt PT will be replaced but, given the quality of the "Executive" decisions taken over the last few years I'd put my money on Rowberry or Scott Young. God help us.

I'm not sure your idea of the transfer committee’s role is quite right. Their role as far as I know is to scrutinise transfers to ensure that we don’t do another Andreas Cornelius and buy a right duff for £7.5m and give a contract of £45000pw. The idea that they are forcing players on the manager is not quite correct. Almost certainly players like Emyr Hughes, Jazz Richards and Ricky Lambert are PT signings because of his personal links with the players. Whilst the start has been awful those players are some of the better performers even if that isn’t much considering the useless efforts of others.

I agree that Trollope is now a proved failure and to continue with him would be a disaster. I also agree whoever takes over has to be someone who knows the Championship and another cheap option is pointless.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:26 pm

GET WARNOCK. NOW.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Trollope out

:digging2: :digging2: :digging2: :digging2:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Other teams are already pulling away from us down the bottom, and whilst 5-6 points is obviously something any team should be capable of pulling back, I honestly don't see where the points are going to come from for us. I imagine there will be a 12-13 point gap between us and 16th-18th by the time we start winning, at this rate.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Tan show us that you are the bigger man. You gave us our blue back, now give us Our Malky back! :bluescarf:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:45 pm

TERRYB wrote:Tan show us that you are the bigger man. You gave us our blue back, now give us Our Malky back! :bluescarf:

Don't give us Malky back :oops:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:46 pm

TERRYB wrote:Tan show us that you are the bigger man. You gave us our blue back, now give us Our Malky back! :bluescarf:

"Our Malky" cringe worthy.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I'm not sure your idea of the transfer committee’s role is quite right. Their role as far as I know is to scrutinise transfers to ensure that we don’t do another Andreas Cornelius and buy a right duff for £7.5m and give a contract of £45000pw. The idea that they are forcing players on the manager is not quite correct. Almost certainly players like Emyr Hughes, Jazz Richards and Ricky Lambert are PT signings because of his personal links with the players. Whilst the start has been awful those players are some of the better performers even if that isn’t much considering the useless efforts of others.

I agree that Trollope is now a proved failure and to continue with him would be a disaster. I also agree whoever takes over has to be someone who knows the Championship and another cheap option is pointless.

I suppose the role of the Transfer Committee, or to give it it's official name "Executive Committee", that's the Title Dalman gave it when he announced the appointment of Ken Choo in June 2014, is about how each of us perceives how it operates. MD said back in 2014 that the "Committee" , comprised of Ken Choo, VT Representative, The Manager (OGS then), and Dalman himself and that their role was to make ALL the important decisions together and in the interests of Cardiff City Football Club. Well that summer the club signed Le Fondre, Manga, Dikagchoi, Macheda, Guerra, Adeyemi, Morrison, not to mention the loan transfer of Ravel Morrison. If the role of the committee was to scrutinise that transfer window alone should show it to be unfit for purpose. It was only 7 games into the season when OGS walked away and VT took personal control of the next BIG decision and appointed Russell Slade.

In my opinion from that moment on VT has decided which players must go and which player can come in. Choo, Dalman, Slade and now Trollope, the other members of the committee are nothing but lapdogs to do the masters bidding.

The question here is will VT accept that he needs to get a manager who understands this division, appoint and back him, but not with the free hand OGS had but, within agreed budgets. This is possible at this level but let the manager alone decide on the type of player.

PT is gone, we know it, and after today he knows it. Enough is enough.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:07 pm

castleblue wrote:

I suppose the role of the Transfer Committee, or to give it it's official name "Executive Committee", that's the Title Dalman gave it when he announced the appointment of Ken Choo in June 2014, is about how each of us perceives how it operates. MD said back in 2014 that the "Committee" , comprised of Ken Choo, VT Representative, The Manager (OGS then), and Dalman himself and that their role was to make ALL the important decisions together and in the interests of Cardiff City Football Club. Well that summer the club signed Le Fondre, Manga, Dikagchoi, Macheda, Guerra, Adeyemi, Morrison, not to mention the loan transfer of Ravel Morrison. If the role of the committee was to scrutinise that transfer window alone should show it to be unfit for purpose. It was only 7 games into the season when OGS walked away and VT took personal control of the next BIG decision and appointed Russell Slade.

In my opinion from that moment on VT has decided which players must go and which player can come in. Choo, Dalman, Slade and now Trollope, the other members of the committee are nothing but lapdogs to do the masters bidding.

The question here is will VT accept that he needs to get a manager who understands this division, appoint and back him, but not with the free hand OGS had but, within agreed budgets. This is possible at this level but let the manager alone decide on the type of player.

In his press interview he said he is confident the board will still back him the guy is deluded.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-11966681

Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:22 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

"Our Malky" cringe worthy.

MALKY GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK! :sad7:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:25 pm

just got back, were doomed :cry:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:03 pm

YES, enough Is enough, but still things remain the same, & just like a frightened bunny, staring straight into the bright lights of a certain death, our club remains mortally still, not knowing what to do.

One thing is for sure, don't expect any decisions (if they eventually do come) to make any sense!

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:35 pm

we havent scored a goal at home since may :shock: is that right :oops:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:38 pm

ninianblue wrote:we havent scored a goal at home since may :shock: is that right :oops:

Apparently so,,,but which year?

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:09 pm

also . imagine these season ticket holders who have to watch this shit, have they been short changed, and what about these top players we got or so called top players, like noone, once you get a big house. big car, you made it :oops:

Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:13 am

The difference between good players and our lot, is they have been handsomely rewarded for years now they are probably millionaires and have lost their hunger.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:YES, enough Is enough, but still things remain the same, & just like a frightened bunny, staring straight into the bright lights of a certain death, our club remains mortally still, not knowing what to do.

One thing is for sure, don't expect any decisions (if they eventually do come) to make any sense!

I'm convinced he will be gone Rick after all when he was appointed back in May PT said, "Our Target Is The Playoffs, Hopefully Promotion". Dalman was sat alongside him nodding his agreement. PLAYOFFS -MY ARSE.

Ken Choo is on record as saying PT got the job because of "His Commitment to attractive evolved Football". Well right now his brand of attractive football is going to evolve Cardiff City into a League 1 Club.

What will that do to the value of VT investment.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:23 am

castleblue wrote:

It is questionable whether the Transfer/Executive Committee has done their job properly that's not an issue but I have serious doubts about the rest of your assumptions. As I posted earlier your opinion that VT is bringing in players over the head of the manager fails scrutiny when you look at some of Trollope's signings Richards, Huws and Lambert who all have strong personal links with our manager and none with our owner.

At the end of the day VT owns the vast majority of this club. It's his £150m+ which has been mainly wasted. I would be astonished if he wasn't more hands on when it came to finance after the way he has been stung by previous managers. Put it this way if I were him and that was my money I know I would do exactly the same.

Therefore those under him are bound to follow his decisions. They can offer advice but at the end of the day the buck stops with him and he has the final say. That doesn't make anyone under him a 'lapdog' they are mealy employees who are told what to do by their boss. The same thing happens in millions of other business all over the world and I’m at a loss why you think CCFC would be any different?

Gary you are an intelligent bloke but I’m worrying you are losing some objectivity just to please the Tan haters.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:05 am

The trouble is Tan has been badly damaged trust wise since Malky screwed us over.
So he thinks (as its a business) he knows best.
It surely will dawn on him soon,his investment is going to be worthless if we get relagated.
Anybody with any football knowledge can see the players have given up and Trollope has done his best, but he as woefully fallen short.
So if Tan doesn't act soon I'm afraid it will be too late , and there will then be no one to blame only himself.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:15 am

Gary
Link http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/10/0 ... -enough-2/ :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:21 pm

Yea get Malky back