Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' BACK DOWN TO EARTH WITH A BUMP '

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:13 pm

' BACK DOWN TO EARTH WITH A BUMP '

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/10/2 ... -a-bump-2/ :thumbright: :thumbright:

City were knocked back down to earth with a bump this afternoon by manager-less Wigan.

Despite a positive opening 15 - 20 mins or so when City really applied pressure on the Wigan goal it came to no avail.

The reason ? In my opinion we missed Rickie Lambert, his hold up play and link up play would have served us much better than what Anthony Pilkington was able to do as the stand-in striker.

I don't usually have a go or complain about referees but the guy in the middle today was an absolute shocker, I am not blaming him for the defeat but he was simply a poor referee.

It had to be a former Jack who got the winner today just to compound the result but City did not deserve to lose today even though I don't think we were the side who deserved to win either.

We were toothless up top and the need for more striking options were highlighted more than ever this afternoon.

We got a good defence and the midfield can hold its own against most other clubs but our lack of quality in attack is our Achilles heel.

Sol Bamba was man of the match for me today even though he had probably the best chance right at the death to equalise, had he been more composed then I believe we would have come away with the draw I feel we deserved.

It was pleasing that there were no boos on the final whistle as City fans could see that this team is trying and giving what they can for the new manager.

Next week is going to be very difficult against Newcastle and I don't hold out much hope of Lambert being involved, he was seeing a surgeon today to assess how long he could be out for but he has had 3 stitches inside the wound and 6 stitches outside so it doesn't sound good even though he is walking I would be amazed if he was involved next Saturday, I don't think we will see him until after the international break.

Gutted to lose in the final few minutes to a team who have been struggling but it goes to show yet again this division throws up results which you least expect.

Re: ' BACK DOWN TO EARTH WITH A BUMP '

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:26 pm

But you have to play to the ref and we never. Yes he was shit and inconsistent but he was for both team. All you had to do is throw yourself to the ground and claim. we never
Last edited by llan bluebird on Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:26 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/10/2 ... -a-bump-2/ :thumb right:

Spot on with this Carl

We got a good defence and the midfield can hold its own against most other clubs but our lack of quality in attack is our Achilles heel.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:35 pm

llan bluebird wrote:But you have to play to the ref and we never. Yes he was shit and inconsistent but he was for both team. All you had to do is throw yourself to the ground and claim. we never

Diving is turning the game into a joke. I'd rather a game without cheats.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:40 pm

nubbsy wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:But you have to play to the ref and we never. Yes he was shit and inconsistent but he was for both team. All you had to do is throw yourself to the ground and claim. we never

Diving is turning the game into a joke. I'd rather a game without cheats.

I'd rather have won.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Very poor performance today and for a while I thought it was Trollope back in the dugout wearing a Warnock mask!

Created virtually nothing against as poor a team as we have seen all season. Lost the midfield battle again (Gunnar did well to be fair) and every second ball was won by Wigan.

Our home form is a real problem and our only threat is from set pieces. Cannot keep a clean sheet and have no cutting edge.

Substitutions didn't work and in fact seemed to make us worse.

Surprised we didn't see Chamakh or Richardson - how long does it take professional sportsmen to become fit enough to play a 90 minute game of football?

Warnock's hands are tied until January and I'm sure he'll know that today was not good enough.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 pm

davids wrote:Very poor performance today and for a while I thought it was Trollope back in the dugout wearing a Warnock mask!

Created virtually nothing against as poor a team as we have seen all season. Lost the midfield battle again (Gunnar did well to be fair) and every second ball was won by Wigan.

Our home form is a real problem and our only threat is from set pieces. Cannot keep a clean sheet and have no cutting edge.

Surprised we didn't see Chamakh or Richardson - how long does it take professional sportsmen to become fit enough to play a 90 minute game of football?

Warnock's hands are tied until January and I'm sure he'll know that today was not good enough.

Good post! This was always waiting to happen. We have a number of areas where our quality has been poor for too many seasons. I have faith in Warnock to address these issues in January.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:04 pm

City Slicker wrote:
davids wrote:Very poor performance today and for a while I thought it was Trollope back in the dugout wearing a Warnock mask!

Good post! This was always waiting to happen. We have a number of areas where our quality has been poor for too many seasons. I have faith in Warnock to address these issues in January.

We still have one player from the DJ era, a few from Malky, not sure about OGS (Pilks ?) Slade and Trollope make the majority now. All had different style and methods so wanted different things. The squad is a mess.

Funny that Malky is the closest to Warnock and Gunnar all of a sudden is the main man proving there are players for certain managers.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:14 pm

I wouldnt say it was that poor a performance, & I also thought that Wigan played well too,,,,if they had played that well since the start of the season then they would still have a manager.

I take you point however, & what I saw was the same old same old,,,,unable to score, unable to defend until the end, and a mid field of huffers & puffers.

I'm sure Neil Warnock will have learned more from this one defeat, than he has from the previous three games.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:20 pm

I'm sure if we could have taken one of our chances we would have one the game I think a draw would have been a fair result but gutted we lost the game in the last minute we .you know the saying if you can't win the game don't lose it and we didn't deserve to lose it

Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:21 pm

Thought it was a poor match between two poor teams. Easy to see why both sides are at the bottom of the league. Said when Warnock was appointed that he is'nt a magician and there is only so much any manager can do with the players he inherits. Hopfully he can do a bit of wheeling and dealing in January, and at least get us away from the relegation battle before we get towards the end of the season.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Safety and a cup run this season will do us

Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:57 pm

I think we all need to remember we are a botttom of the championship outfit at the minute and the main objective is stay out of the bottom 3 and in this league, that's all
I expect off Warnock we are a million miles away from the playoffs let alone promotion.