Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Toozey of the jack army gets served up "

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:29 pm

Swansea 'football hooligan' cabbie 'viciously attacked' after hitting passengers with baseball bat

Swansea Evening Post

Monday 9th January 2017

Swansea Crown Court heard Phillip Mallon and Marc O'Mahoney launched a 'sustained and vicious attack' on cab driver Andrew Tooze

TWO taxi passengers who gave cab driver Andrew Tooze "an overdose of his own medicine" after he attacked them with a baseball bat — leaving him in intensive care for four days with a collapsed lung, broken ribs, and a fractured cheek — have avoided jail in what the judge called an exceptional case.

Phillip Mallon and Marc O'Mahoney were getting a cab home from Swansea city centre when one of them felt sick, and the car pulled over in Birchgrove.

Swansea Crown Court heard that a "dispute" then broke out between the passengers and the driver, Andrew Tooze, during which the cabbie got a baseball bat from the boot of his car.

The cabbie hit the two men but they disarmed him and turned the tables, delivering a severe beating which left the driver with concussive head injuries, a partially collapsed lung, three broken ribs, fractures to the cheek and eye socket, and soft tissue damage around the spine.

Their victim was hospitalised for seven days, four of which were spent in intensive care.

Mallon, aged 30, of Middleton Street, Briton Ferry, and 31-year-old O'Mahoney, of Dynevor Road, Skewen, had both previously pleaded guilty on a basis to inflicting grievous bodily harm when they appeared in the dock for sentencing.

Tom Scapens, for the prosecution, said the two men had been on a night out in Swansea on March 20 last year when they caught a cab home from the taxi rank near Wind Street.

During the journey O'Mahoney began to feel sick, and the cab stopped in Birchgrove — O'Mahoney got out and threw up.

The court heard "some form of disagreement broke out between the driver and the passengers" which saw Mr Tooze get a baseball bat from the boot of his car, and which he subsequently used against Mallon and O'Mahoney.

However, the pair disarmed the cabbie and then assaulted him — in what the prosecutor described as a "sustained and vicious attack" — before fleeing the scene.

Mr Scapens said police investigating the incident initially had little to go on but then received an anonymous call naming the two assailants.

Barrister Dean Pulling, for Mallon, said the late night assault had been instigated by Mr Tooze. He said the two passengers had had the "misfortune" to get into Mr Tooze's cab, a "self-styled football hooligan who revels in glorifying his own and other people's violence".

The barrister added that his client had no previous convictions of any kind, and had reacted "entirely our of character" when attacked by the cab driver.

Carina Hughes, for O'Mahoney, said her client was a doting father and community-minded man "who had not gone looking for trouble" on the night in question.

Judge Paul Thomas QC said the Birchgrove confrontation was an "exceptional" case, and had unique features the likes of which he had not seen in his 30 years in the legal profession in Swansea.

He said taxi drivers who were serving the public were entitled to the protection of the courts but he said Mr Tooze had a weapon in his car — "the presence of the bat was not an accident" — and was a man with convictions for violence who "revels in violence, and his role as a football hooligan".

The judge said he had read Mr Tooze's book on his days as a football hooligan, and that, to use the common phrase, the driver had "received an over-dose of his own medicine".

Each defendant was sentenced to two years in prison suspended for two years, and ordered to complete 250 hours of unpaid work. In addition, Mallon must complete a rehabilitation course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Toozey of the jack army gets served up.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:36 pm

No sympathy. Live by the sword die by the sword.

Wasn't Tooze once the minder of Fatty Trundle?

Re: Toozey of the jack army gets served up.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:No sympathy. Live by the sword die by the sword.

Wasn't Tooze once the minder of Fatty Trundle?

Aye that's him. He also led the mob that attacked the exchange pub in canton, he came off second best that night too.

Re: " Toozey of the jack army gets served up "

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:19 pm

If he Tooze has convictions for violence then how the hell did he get a taxi licence?

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:13 pm

So it would appear that Tooze company but three's a crowd. Taxi.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Real tough men train in Hereford and don't brag.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Only fools and touses lol what a Plonker :bluescarf: big bully :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:37 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:So it would appear that Tooze company but three's a crowd. Taxi.

ha ha, you're usually in there with something mate but that just ended with me spitting coffee over laptop. Classic. :notworthy:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:07 am

Jules wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:So it would appear that Tooze company but three's a crowd. Taxi.

ha ha, you're usually in there with something mate but that just ended with me spitting coffee over laptop. Classic. :notworthy:

:lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:12 pm

:occasion5:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:18 pm

This is the kind of Jack thread that I like to read.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :clap: good enough for the him :clap: :lol: :D

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Class Chief but a bit of advice don't call Tooze's TAXI :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 pm

The book they wrote was a load of shite as well

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Perhaps its just me but I don't see anything good in that story?

In fact I find it a little bit weird blokes who don't even know him 'rejoicing' in him having a kicking.

He's just a bloke that used to partake in the same hobby a lot of us have in the past but happens to be from a rival firm.

The fact the 2 fella's who kicked him to within an inch of his life by the sounds of it got off with a suspended sentence is astounding to be fair, I don't see how that's good, for the judge to say he has had a taste of his own medicine is wild.

Are we saying that anyone who's been involved in FV deserves that? Not sure about that lads.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:43 pm

RV Casual wrote:Perhaps its just me but I don't see anything good in that story?

In fact I find it a little bit weird blokes who don't even know him 'rejoicing' in him having a kicking.

He's just a bloke that used to partake in the same hobby a lot of us have in the past but happens to be from a rival firm.

The fact the 2 fella's who kicked him to within an inch of his life by the sounds of it got off with a suspended sentence is astounding to be fair, I don't see how that's good, for the judge to say he has had a taste of his own medicine is wild.

Are we saying that anyone who's been involved in FV deserves that? Not sure about that lads.

Tooze pulled the bat out on the two lads with the intention of beating them senseless so good enough for the fat tw*t.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Fvck him, thanks to him my mate got 12 months jail, he's a prick. When they attacked the exchange they 'bravely' drove past the pub several times to make sure there was only a handful of Cardiff in there before they steamed in. Nobody was expecting them, they were at Mansfield that day (match was called off). He told the old bill that it was prearranged thus influencing the sentencing in court, what a lying tosser.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:55 pm

RV Casual wrote:Perhaps its just me but I don't see anything good in that story?

Can see what your saying but put aside the football for a second he is a well known bully.

This is the second violent incident he's been involved in as a taxi driver quite how he's still got a cabbies license evades me.

In this event he Was first to draw a weapon and first to lash out. So as the judge says he got what he deserves.

Let's also not forget he has A. Lied about joining up with Cardiff lads in Italy. And B. Lied about the canton incident resulting in harsher sentences for those from cardiff.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:01 pm

I was told that he's not that liked by certain swansea fans and was a bullie to others

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:08 pm

frazier wrote:Fvck him, thanks to him my mate got 12 months jail, he's a prick. When they attacked the exchange they 'bravely' drove past the pub several times to make sure there was only a handful of Cardiff in there before they steamed in. Nobody was expecting them, they were at Mansfield that day (match was called off). He told the old bill that it was prearranged thus influencing the sentencing in court, what a lying tosser.

If you have a genuine grievance with him then I get it mate, I would most probably be the same.

I know the story of the day of the RE from back to front from both sides and who they were speaking to throughout the day.

I'm just saying I find it a bit odd blokes who will only know of him from what they have read on the internet or in a book getting all giddy over him getting a kick in.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:11 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:I was told that he's not that liked by certain swansea fans and was a bullie to others

I know a few noses were put out of joint over the book but most of their lads were on-board with it.

Your always going to get the old bully thing thrown about, same for some of ours.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:28 pm

They beat him within an inch of his life, but what was he intending to do with a bat I wonder? Maybe if he didn't do that they wouldn't have gone in on him so hard. Start Pulling weapons out and things get serious. f**k the Jack c**t.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:39 pm

nubbsy wrote:

They beat him within an inch of his life, but what was he intending to do with a bat I wonder? Maybe if he didn't do that they wouldn't have gone in on him so hard. Start Pulling weapons out and things get serious. f**k the Jack c**t.

Yeah I get all that and take your point but its still f*cking weird to me though people getting all giddy over a stranger getting filled in, each to their own though.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Let me know when your in my area I want to buy a ticket. Another Grange End star classic :lol: :laughing5:

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:39 am

How those 2 blokes avoided jail is weird, you can't beat a cabbie up and get away with it. When in court you're history shouldn't come into it I was led to believe?? Amusing to hear that Trundle needed a bodyguard, I can't imagine why...... :lol:

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:30 pm

goats wrote:How those 2 blokes avoided jail is weird, you can't beat a cabbie up and get away with it. When in court you're history shouldn't come into it I was led to believe?? Amusing to hear that Trundle needed a bodyguard, I can't imagine why...... :lol:

It's just plain weird. Two pissed up guys, one so bad he was being physically sick, no previous convictions, against a stone cold sober 20 stone man with a history of violence who's armed with a baseball bat, and has already struck them with it? Yeah ok! :shock:

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:12 am

frazier wrote:Fvck him, thanks to him my mate got 12 months jail, he's a prick. When they attacked the exchange they 'bravely' drove past the pub several times to make sure there was only a handful of Cardiff in there before they steamed in. Nobody was expecting them, they were at Mansfield that day (match was called off). He told the old bill that it was prearranged thus influencing the sentencing in court, what a lying tosser.

He talked to the old bill? You can add grass c**t, to lying tosser then

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:09 pm

goats wrote:How those 2 blokes avoided jail is weird, you can't beat a cabbie up and get away with it. When in court you're history shouldn't come into it I was led to believe?? Amusing to hear that Trundle needed a bodyguard, I can't imagine why...... :lol:

Of course your history is going to come into it. If your a serial offender then it's pretty important to take into consideration. They also take your character under consideration, job etc. and ask for character references from reputable people.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:36 pm

64JACK wrote:

It's just plain weird. Two pissed up guys, one so bad he was being physically sick, no previous convictions, against a stone cold sober 20 stone man with a history of violence who's armed with a baseball bat, and has already struck them with it? Yeah ok! :shock:

You sound like that bullying kunt Tooze had his commupence 64!?

Is he not well liked down your neck of the woods?

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:17 am

64JACK wrote:

Sounds like you think he's a tw*t too, if he started it then he did get his just deserts, what an idiot. Is he the one who istugated the canton mile and got done then too??? :lol: