Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BLOODY HELL " DAVE JONES BLASTED BY EX CARDIFF CITY HERO "

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:46 am

Many Cardiff City players fell out with Dave Jones and many never respected him,because as I've said many times,in my opinion and what I saw,he was arrogant and pig headed and thats why I never personally liked him.

Cardiff City play-off hero in foul-mouthed blast as former manager Dave Jones lands his first job in three years

Andy Campbell ‏@andycampbell32
tweeted
Biggest wanker in football. Some of the things he said to me were awful and I'll take them with me for life!!!!!

Thursday 19th Jan 2017

Cardiff City's play-off hero has left Bluebirds fans in no doubt about how he feels about his former manager.

Andy Campbell sent the Millennium Stadium into raptures in 2003 as his audacious lob saw Cardiff City defeat QPR and win promotion to the Championship.

Now the play-off hero has let his feelings about former Bluebirds boss Dave Jones very obvious, and it's fair to say he's not a fan.

Jones was appointed as manager of League Two Hartlepool yesterday, his first managerial job in over three years, and Campbell was quick to criticise his former boss on Twitter.

Responding to a tweet from the official Hartlepool United account announcing Jones' arrival as manager, Campbell tweeted: "Biggest w***** in football. Some of the things he said to me were awful and I'll take them with me for life."

However, Campbell had far more complimentary things to say about Jones' new assistant - another former Cardiff City man - Kevin Cooper.

He tweeted: "Top bloke Coops. Wish him all the very best." Before appearing to suggest the former Cardiff youth coach and midfielder could well take over from Jones.

Despite being pushed by other Twitter users, Campbell refused to be drawn on why he is not a fan of Jones.

He did however say the two don't exchange birthday cards and that their time together 'wasn't pleasant' and they certainly won't be shaking hands any time soon.

Jones had been out of work since being sacked by Sheffield Wednesday in 2013 with the club second bottom of the Championship.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " DAVE JONES BLASTED BY EX CARDIFF CITY HERO "

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:46 am

:o :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:49 am

Many Cardiff City players fell out with Dave Jones and many never respected him,because as I've said many times,in my opinion and what I saw,he was arrogant and pig headed and thats why I never personally liked him.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:50 am

Tweeted

Andy Campbell ‏@andycampbell32
Andy Campbell Retweeted Hartlepool United FC
Biggest wanker in football. Some of the things he said to me were awful and I'll take them with me for life!!!!!

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 am

Craig Bellamy wasn't exactly enamoured by him either.
He said the training was very poor and lacked any intensity with players often turning up late or not at all. Chopra on his phone at half time allowed to check his horse racing results :lol:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:Many Cardiff City players fell out with Dave Jones and many never respected him,because as I've said many times,in my opinion and what I saw,he was arrogant and pig headed and thats why I never personally liked him.

I was never a fan of his. Hated his attitude to the Swansea Derby games and his general miserable and arrogant attitude.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:58 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Many Cardiff City players fell out with Dave Jones and many never respected him,because as I've said many times,in my opinion and what I saw,he was arrogant and pig headed and thats why I never personally liked him.

I was never a fan of his. Hated his attitude to the Swansea Derby games and his general miserable and arrogant attitude.

He was very very rude to my wife at the player of the year do.

I know many ex City players who totally disliked him for his attitude.

I personally found him arrogant,pig headed and looked down on our fans.

Re: BLOODY HELL " DAVE JONES BLASTED BY EX CARDIFF CITY HERO

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:11 pm

I spoke with him quite a few times and he was down to earth and pleasant.Thats just my experiences with DJ.
His hands in the pocket routine and almost lack of passion was frustrating at times but I still maintain he did a fantastic job for us under very difficult circumstances.
I don't really see what Andy Campbell is trying to do with that tweet.Even outside of football we have managers we cant stand,

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:24 pm

englishbluebird wrote:I spoke with him quite a few times and he was down to earth and pleasant.Thats just my experiences with DJ.
His hands in the pocket routine and almost lack of passion was frustrating at times but I still maintain he did a fantastic job for us under very difficult circumstances.
I don't really see what Andy Campbell is trying to do with that tweet.Even outside of football we have managers we cant stand,

Instead of tweeting about it years later maybe Campbell should have used whatever DJ said to him as motivation to prove him wrong.

The fact his career then took a sharp nose dive says it all.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:46 pm

listen, I loved Dave jones, I was a huge fan, he came into the club when we had to constantly sell our players, and bring in free's and he did that to perfection, towards the end a lot of players seemed to be getting away with murder, but part of me cant help but think, 1) the allegations etc, the loss of his father, the fact the club kept, getting rid of his best players, and telling him to find frees and loans, all added up and I believe in the end he, I wouldn't say lost his love for the game, but it soured him, and I think it all added up and at the end we seen a good manager who in his personal life maybe was broken. and just didn't have it in him to get everyone doing what they should of.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:52 pm

i must admit he did do a good job when he was here but as a person he had an horrible attitude maybe because after what happened to him back in liverpool but he's not someone i would like to have a pint with

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:54 pm

bluebird04 wrote:listen, I loved Dave jones, I was a huge fan, he came into the club when we had to constantly sell our players, and bring in free's and he did that to perfection, towards the end a lot of players seemed to be getting away with murder, but part of me cant help but think, 1) the allegations etc, the loss of his father, the fact the club kept, getting rid of his best players, and telling him to find frees and loans, all added up and I believe in the end he, I wouldn't say lost his love for the game, but it soured him, and I think it all added up and at the end we seen a good manager who in his personal life maybe was broken. and just didn't have it in him to get everyone doing what they should of.

I agree. I think the football we played under Jones, when at its best, was a joy to behold. He evolved the club at a time when it needed evolving. He signed some decent players (not sure if he personally found them or not) and also brought through a lot of younger players.

Unfortunately, he just couldn't take us to the top level so had to go. Arguably, he left later than he should. He divided opinion. He wasn't exactly a people person and some of the alleged man management behind the scenes was questionable. However, I think it's only right to respect what he did do for the club and I think he will be a decent appointment for a club like Hartlepool.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Lanky Frankie wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:I spoke with him quite a few times and he was down to earth and pleasant.Thats just my experiences with DJ.

Instead of tweeting about it years later maybe Campbell should have used whatever DJ said to him as motivation to prove him wrong.

The fact his career then took a sharp nose dive says it all.

yes. spot on

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Never met him on a personsl level but respect what he did here as a Manager although I do believe he should have gone after the 08/09 season.

The way that ended for me was unforgivable and he should have resigned.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Zabier wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:listen, I loved Dave jones, I was a huge fan, he came into the club when we had to constantly sell our players, and bring in free's and he did that to perfection, towards the end a lot of players seemed to be getting away with murder, but part of me cant help but think, 1) the allegations etc, the loss of his father, the fact the club kept, getting rid of his best players, and telling him to find frees and loans, all added up and I believe in the end he, I wouldn't say lost his love for the game, but it soured him, and I think it all added up and at the end we seen a good manager who in his personal life maybe was broken. and just didn't have it in him to get everyone doing what they should of.

I agree. I think the football we played under Jones, when at its best, was a joy to behold. He evolved the club at a time when it needed evolving. He signed some decent players (not sure if he personally found them or not) and also brought through a lot of younger players.

Unfortunately, he just couldn't take us to the top level so had to go. Arguably, he left later than he should. He divided opinion. He wasn't exactly a people person and some of the alleged man management behind the scenes was questionable. However, I think it's only right to respect what he did do for the club and I think he will be a decent appointment for a club like Hartlepool.

Steve,
I agree the football was quite good,plenty of quality/skilful players under him, but not only was he an ignorant manager in y opinion,but he would bottle it at the final hurdle and by the end he had lost the players,they were not playing for him.
As the years went on, the seasons got worse and the last one at Ninian Park were a disgrace.

What did DJ actually win after 6 years as our manager?

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Former Cardiff City manager Dave Jones joins Hartlepool and is back in football after being sacked by Sheffield Wednesday over two years ago.

Dave Jones named Hartlepool manager with Kevin Cooper his assistant

Dave Jones was manager of Cardiff City manager for six years.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Miss DJ and his class attacking football. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:

Steve,
I agree the football was quite good,plenty of quality/skilful players under him, but not only was he an ignorant manager in y opinion,but he would bottle it at the final hurdle and by the end he had lost the players,they were not playing for him.
As the years went on, the seasons got worse and the last one at Ninian Park were a disgrace.

He got us to an FA Cup final and play-off final and gave us some of the best football I seen a City team play in 45 years of watching them.

I do agree with you in that when the pressure really came on he and his players seemed to crumble.

However, Malky only got us up with a budget that was probably 5 or even 10 times what DJ had and he's the only manager we've had that has won anything more than the Welsh Cup or 3rd or 4th Division in the last 60+ years.

DJ should have walked after the Blackpool game and was pretty cocky but I do think he should be acknowledged for some of his achievements.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:20 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:

Steve,

He got us to an FA Cup final and play-off final and gave us some of the best football I seen a City team play in 45 years of watching them.

I do agree with you in that when the pressure really came on he and his players seemed to crumble.

However, Malky only got us up with a budget that was probably 5 or even 10 times what DJ had and he's the only manager we've had that has won anything more than the Welsh Cup or 3rd or 4th Division in the last 60+ years.

DJ should have walked after the Blackpool game and was pretty cocky but I do think he should be acknowledged for some of his achievements.

It was his attitude towards players/staff and No respect for Cardiff fans that made me dislike him,also for me he failed at Cardiff City as after 6 years,No promotions.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Far better manager and football than Malky.

He won more promotions than Malky for a start. Maybe not with us but he got to the Premier League playing football the way it should be played.

So he didnt dress up as Santa in the Xmas party. Big deal. Who cares.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Lanky Frankie wrote:Far better manager and football than Malky.

He won more promotions than Malky for a start. Maybe not with us but he got to the Premier League playing football the way it should be played.

:lol: :lol:

He's managed 10 times as many clubs and is about 18 years older :lol:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:27 pm

To be fair to Malky I enjoyed the Football under him in the first season especially, the tempo and high pressing was quality, it was a shame he seemed to change his style after a while and went ultra defensive in some games in the PL.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Good point, not a like for like comparison.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:00 pm

RV Casual wrote:Never met him on a personsl level but respect what he did here as a Manager although I do believe he should have gone after the 08/09 season.

really?
only one year after an FA CUP FINAL.first for 90 years
and our highest finish for nearly 40 years
not to mention sales of players being 7 mill and purchases less than 700k
if thats resignation criteria there should be about 90 manager resignations this afternoon

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 pm

RV Casual wrote:

To be fair to Malky I enjoyed the Football under him in the first season especially, the tempo and high pressing was quality, it was a shame he seemed to change his style after a while and went ultra defensive in some games in the PL.

it was like watching paint dry. Play for a 0-0 and hope to nick a set piece. Ill never forget him celebrating a 0-0 up in Stoke where we didnt muster a shot in anger like hed just won the Premier League.

Couldt stand the arrogant tw*t

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Lanky Frankie wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

it was like watching paint dry. Play for a 0-0 and hope to nick a set piece. Ill never forget him celebrating a 0-0 up in Stoke where we didnt muster a shot in anger like hed just won the Premier League.

Couldt stand the arrogant tw*t

No I tend to agree, I was at that game at Stoke and it was frustrating as f**k watching it, incidentally Declan John of all people was our best player that night.

When he first came though and he brought Conway and Cowie and the others in the first half of the season the Football was high pressing, high tempo and not to bad.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Whats age got to do with anything?

Dave Jones got a team promoted and headhunted to manage a Premier League team by the time he was 40.

He then got unfairly dismissed after false allegations and had to rebuild his life and career and then got another promotion.

Playing good football along the way may I add.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:26 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Never met him on a personsl level but respect what he did here as a Manager although I do believe he should have gone after the 08/09 season.

really?
if thats resignation criteria there should be about 90 manager resignations this afternoon

Yes really, we needed something like 2 points from 12 if I remember correctly from the last 4 games, and went on a run of 3 defeats and a draw.

But they were not just defeats they were hammerings, 6-0 at Preston, 0-3 at home to Ipswich and despite the final score only being 1-0 the defeat at Sheffield Wednesday who had f**k all to play for was a total wipeout.

I felt he had lost the dressing room and that he couldn't motivate the players anymore, I respected him for what he had done (which I said in my original post) but felt he had taken us as far as he was going to but that it was time to move on, just my opinon :thumbup:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:39 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

really?

Yes really, we needed something like 2 points from 12 if I remember correctly from the last 4 games, and went on a run of 3 defeats and a draw.

But they were not just defeats they were hammerings, 6-0 at Preston, 0-3 at home to Ipswich and despite the final score only being 1-0 the defeat at Sheffield Wednesday who had f**k all to play for was a total wipeout.

I felt he had lost the dressing room and that he couldn't motivate the players anymore, I respected him for what he had done (which I said in my original post) but felt he had taken us as far as he was going to but that it was time to move on, just my opinon :thumbup:

Actually, I take that back, it's not just my opinion, it was the opinion of almost everyone around me at Hillsborough and most of our coach on the way home.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:45 pm

We were class under Dave, can't deny it :thumbright: