Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BLOODY HELL " DAVE JONES BLASTED BY EX CARDIFF CITY HERO

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:36 am

dogfound wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:For me Dave Jones will always be the manager that failed to get us to the premier with the best squad we ever had.

I believe that if we got there then we would have been an establish premier club. We were primed to go up and it was a disaster we did not win the Championship.

Only positive I have about him is when we played good football it was perhaps the best we played. That was spoilt with some awful football from his teams. His big failing was consistancy. We would go on 3 or 4 bad runs which would cost us those seasons.

It never bothered me his lack of show for passion. What bothered me was the money he was on and the fact he failed to deliver.

yes it was the best squad. built on peanuts compared to what followed FACT.

Not quite fact. Chopra at the time was our most expensive signing of £4m. Hudson cost us just over a £1m.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:For me Dave Jones will always be the manager that failed to get us to the premier with the best squad we ever had.

I believe that if we got there then we would have been an establish premier club. We were primed to go up and it was a disaster we did not win the Championship.

Only positive I have about him is when we played good football it was perhaps the best we played. That was spoilt with some awful football from his teams. His big failing was consistancy. We would go on 3 or 4 bad runs which would cost us those seasons.

It never bothered me his lack of show for passion. What bothered me was the money he was on and the fact he failed to deliver.

yes it was the best squad. built on peanuts compared to what followed FACT.

Not quite fact. Chopra at the time was our most expensive signing of £4m. Hudson cost us just over a £1m.

Correct Ian, its bullshit that Dave Jones had no money.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:40 am

post deleted again !!!
certain people here didn't like Dave because he didn't think that were centre of the universe.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:04 am

Jules wrote:post deleted again !!!
certain people here didn't like Dave because he didn't think that were centre of the universe.

Where? ?
Put it on again, stop the lies Jules.
Just looked, not one of your posts have been deleted and all mods can see that.

Put what ever you've said on here please Jules? ?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
skiprat wrote:Promotions under Dave jones zero.
Silverware won under Dave jones zero.

you missed one. money spent under Dave Jones zero

Dave Jones was given by the Riddler massive money, for massive wages a fact and six years of it.

so why were we selling so many players ?

We did in the first couple of years,but as time went on DJ was allowed a lot of big names and City had a side full of big earners under DJ a fact.

Your Michael Chopras and your Jay Bothroyds were in them days on at least £15,000 and 1£8,000 a week a fact.

Even players like Warren Feeney my mate were given three times there wages they were on at their previous clubs.

Plus

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Robbie Fowler were on well over £25,000 a week and that was those days.

Its total bullshit Dave Jones had no money.

You forget the 800k that we had to give JFH because DJ/Ridsdale promised Jimmy a new contract and then withdrew offer only to be found out by PFA and the club had to pay him compo.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:48 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
skiprat wrote:Promotions under Dave jones zero.
Silverware won under Dave jones zero.

you missed one. money spent under Dave Jones zero

Dave Jones was given by the Riddler massive money, for massive wages a fact and six years of it.

so why were we selling so many players ?

We did in the first couple of years,but as time went on DJ was allowed a lot of big names and City had a side full of big earners under DJ a fact.

Your Michael Chopras and your Jay Bothroyds were in them days on at least £15,000 and 1£8,000 a week a fact.

Even players like Warren Feeney my mate were given three times there wages they were on at their previous clubs.

Plus

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Robbie Fowler were on well over £25,000 a week and that was those days.

Its total bullshit Dave Jones had no money.

You forget the 800k that we had to give JFH because DJ/Ridsdale promised Jimmy a new contract and then withdrew offer only to be found out by PFA and the club had to pay him compo.

Your right Gareth, DJ did have more money then many will admit and wasted some.

Re: " DAVE JONES BLASTED BY EX CARDIFF CITY HERO "

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Many Cardiff City players fell out with Dave Jones and many never respected him,because as I've said many times,in my opinion and what I saw,he was arrogant and pig headed and thats why I never personally liked him.

I was never a fan of his. Hated his attitude to the Swansea Derby games and his general miserable and arrogant attitude.

He was very very rude to my wife at the player of the year do.

I know many ex City players who totally disliked him for his attitude.

I personally found him arrogant,pig headed and looked down on our fans.

you should of clipped him, the man was and always be a tw*t. Took this club for one big ride :evil:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Where? ?

LIES, ??? annis don't lower yourself, I put a comment on here yesterday regarding AC and now its not here?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Whatever he did on the training field or not It did wonders on the pitch with the free flowing attacking style and not seen it since.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Campbell should keep his mouth shut - too many w******rs mouthin off over the internet.

If he has something to say to Jones, do it properly.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Whatever he did on the training field or not It did wonders on the pitch with the free flowing attacking style and not seen it since.

Have to agree about style of football. When it worked it was superb. Biggest issue was us at end of every season and I believe that was down to fitness or lack of.

Can't understand anyone saying that he worked wonders under a limited budget though as he was given a generous budget at start of every season to strengthen and the wages paid to likes of chopra, bothroyd and Bellamy were on a par with premier league players.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Jules wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Where? ?

LIES, ??? annis don't lower yourself, I put a comment on here yesterday regarding AC and now its not here?

I have deleted none of your posts?

If its to do with Roathie, then its posters moaning and then a mod bowing down to them deleting, but 100% nothing to do with me.

I will look at all the mod logs now.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Where? ?

I have deleted none of your posts?

If its to do with Roathie, then its posters moaning and then a mod bowing down to them deleting, but 100% nothing to do with me.

I will look at all the mod logs now.

I've just looked at all logs and nothing of yours has been edited or deleted?

I will ask again,please post it on here again if you believe its been deleted?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Half the threads today are being taken over by
bickering and counter allegation.

We all support the same team so let's s just respect
Everyone's opinions because that's all they are.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Half the threads today are being taken over by

Correct Karl :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

But I would like Jules to put on what he says has been deleted :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Correct Karl :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

But I would like Jules to put on what he says has been deleted :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi Annis,

Some people won't do that but it's sad when everyone
starts putting things down that can be misleading or cause confrontation.

I think NW is straight to the point and it's going to be interesting to see if VT backs him? I mean backs him not fobs him off as he will walk. That's the big talking point of the day and will rumble on until the summer.

Like you I agree he is starting to breath something back into the club that we lost.

We can only hope
Last edited by Pulisnewport on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Nice thought but it would be rather boring ;) :thumbup:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Nice thought but it would be rather boring ;) :thumbup:

Didn't expect anything else from you ha ha

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Bring back dj I say :laughing6:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Bring back dj I say :laughing6:

Yeah with Ole as his deputy and Malky holding the money. Dream team

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:51 pm

again, after seeing what the man went through in his personal life outside of football, I can understand why he didn't seem to commited, and as for not showing the fans respect, I mean, come on. I went to soo many games, where the fans would boo if we weren't winning by half time, the truth of the matter is, if it wasn't for him, the club could be in a much worse situation. calling him a bottler is a bit harsh I mean, you can only do so much, a player on the field needs to go out and give 100%

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Despite being aloof with us fans, I quite liked DJ and I thought his crowning achievement was regularly nailing his netball lezzer at his apartment down the bay. He may not have got us promoted to the 'promised land' or won the FA Cup but I have huge respect for any bloke who can convert a lid-licker.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:Bring back dj I say :laughing6:

Yeah with Ole as his deputy and Malky holding the money. Dream team

Post of the week surely :laughing5:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:49 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Despite being aloof with us fans, I quite liked DJ and I thought his crowning achievement was regularly nailing his netball lezzer at his apartment down the bay. He may not have got us promoted to the 'promised land' or won the FA Cup but I have huge respect for any bloke who can convert a lid-licker.

Bloody hell you wait for days then 2 posts of the week turn up at the same time :laughing5:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:40 am

I could not stand Dave Jones and he had No respect for Cardiff City Fans :evil:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Many Cardiff City players fell out with Dave Jones and many never respected him,because as I've said many times,in my opinion and what I saw,he was arrogant and pig headed and thats why I never personally liked him.

I was never a fan of his. Hated his attitude to the Swansea Derby games and his general miserable and arrogant attitude.

Should of chinned him Annis

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:10 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Should of chinned him Annis

It virtually went of Dave Jones got dragged away and protected by his followers, at Burnley away I had shall I say big words to his face,just lowered his head and walked off.

Very very rude man.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:23 am

I never liked him either Annis. He had too many favorites and was a bit of a bully when he didn't like or get on with players. His favorite players got away with so much and yet certain players who were doing their best got slated and humiliated by Jones.

Also, remember when he used to go into the club kitchen and help himself to steaks and food. Just a small thing but showed how little respect he had for the club. Tosser.

And despite the Malky love-in I also though Malky was cut from the same cloth. I think the City job was too big for Malky and his ego ran away with him a bit. However, he was a far nicer bloke than Dave Jones ever was.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:29 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:I never liked him either Annis. He had too many favorites and was a bit of a bully when he didn't like or get on with players. His favorite players got away with so much and yet certain players who were doing their best got slated and humiliated by Jones.

Also, remember when he used to go into the club kitchen and help himself to steaks and food. Just a small thing but showed how little respect he had for the club. Tosser.

And despite the Malky love-in I also though Malky was cut from the same cloth. I think the City job was too big for Malky and his ego ran away with him a bit. However, he was a far nicer bloke than Dave Jones ever was.

I agree def a bully to the lesser players.

His fav players did get away with drinking, out the nights before.

Many players told me, he use to say forget the fans u play for me.

Players hardly clapped us away from home under Jones.

Malky always acknowledged our fans :thumbright: :bluebird:
With the Malky punch :lol:

We will never know if the Prem was to big for him as the pressure between him and Tan hurt our club.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:I never liked him either Annis. He had too many favorites and was a bit of a bully when he didn't like or get on with players. His favorite players got away with so much and yet certain players who were doing their best got slated and humiliated by Jones.

I agree def a bully to the lesser players.

His fav players did get away with drinking, out the nights before.

Many players told me, he use to say forget the fans u play for me.

Players hardly clapped us away from home under Jones.

Malky always acknowledged our fans :thumbright: :bluebird:
With the Malky punch :lol:

We will never know if the Prem was to big for him as the pressure between him and Tan hurt our club.

Worked down the vale on work experience in the players kitchen in Malkys first season, one of the nicest blokes i've met from within football.