Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NOONE was about to sign for Burton on deadline day

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Warnock just said on Goals on Sunday that Noone was going to sign for Burton on deadline day...and Noone WANTED to go, but he had to stay because we couldn't get the player in we wanted

That's interesting that he wanted to go!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NOONE was about to sign for Burton on deadline day

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Warnock just said on Goals on Sunday that Noone was going to sign for Burton on deadline day...and Noone WANTED to go, but he had to stay because we couldn't get the player in we wanted

That's interesting that he wanted to go!!!!

wasn't getting a look-in, doesn't surprise me! but he's motivated himself now and Warnock's given him chances and he's back on top form, he's been impeccable

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 pm

He wasn't being given enough game time but since then he's got back into the team and has been playing well.

I'd love to know what the fee was going to be because I can't see Burton paying much money for anyone let alone noone!

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:32 pm

davids wrote:He wasn't being given enough game time but since then he's got back into the team and has been playing well.

I'd love to know what the fee was going to be because I can't see Burton paying much money for anyone let alone noone!

The fee would have been a couple hundred thousand at most. We're so desparate to wages off the bill at the moment that there was probably actually no fee involved.

Noone would have wanted to go for a new challenge I reckon. He wasn't playing here, he would have been playing every week at Burton, and would have got a new lease of life.

All I can say is thank god that new lease of life is at Cardiff, because if he can play more consistently like he is now rather than the 1 in 15 good games he was having before, we have a player with Premier League ability on our hands and will save ourselves a couple of mil on a winger in the summer. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:17 pm

He might still go in the summer but might as well knuckle down in the meantime.At his best he's great but I think his card is marked.I'm thinking when we didn't get Johnny Hays his move was stopped.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:33 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:
wasn't getting a look-in, doesn't surprise me! but he's motivated himself now and Warnock's given him chances and he's back on top form, he's been impeccable

Totally agree. He needed a boot up the arse and is now trying much harder - I have always been a Nooney fan :thumbup:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:59 pm

wellcome back nooney in the words of neil warnock :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:40 pm

I think we were going to get Kightley from Burton in a swap deal with No one
Apparently Kightley was injured so the deal didn't go through

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:38 pm

djronnieb wrote:I think we were going to get Kightley from Burton in a swap deal with No one

Don'think that's right. Kightly only joined Burton on loan from Burnley on deadline day

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:50 pm

I'm really happy he stayed. Back to his best.....proves what he can do.
I hope he maintains this form. With Kads a huge threat .

Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Nemo wrote:
djronnieb wrote:I think we were going to get Kightley from Burton in a swap deal with No one

Don'think that's right. Kightly only joined Burton on loan from Burnley on deadline day

Take out the swap deal and he is right.

Kightly was on his way to us but chose Burton instead. No idea why though.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:31 pm

GBHostmaster wrote:
Cymru Am Byth wrote:

Totally agree. He needed a boot up the arse and is now trying much harder - I have always been a Nooney fan :thumbup:

And me like whittingham can always pull a great goal out of the bag

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:40 pm

Noone has been dreadful for ages now. But somehow Warnock is getting performances out of him like we know he's capable of.