Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fighting broke out Friday Night Leeds/Man United Fans

Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:59 pm

All Hell Breaking Loose at Elland Road! (18th Feb 2017) Boxing

Link
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arTsB5RC39c :shock:

Shocking moment huge brawl erupts at Elland Road boxing match as chairs are thrown and a woman is knocked out

More News
Fans hurled insults at each other as the brawl rocketed out of control

By BRITTANY VONOW

19th February 2017, 3:23 pm

CHAIRS were hurled through the air and a woman was even knocked out in a mass, violent brawl after a boxing match in Leeds last night.

The chaos unfolded at Leeds United’s Elland Road ground on Saturday night when dozens of spectators turned on each other at a boxing event, hurling insults and objects across the stadium’s Centenary Pavilion.

Scenes of chaos unfolded at the Leeds United's Elland Road on Saturday night
Josh Millson

Scenes of chaos unfolded at the Leeds United’s Elland Road on Saturday night
A woman was even knocked out in the brawl
Josh Millson

A woman was even knocked out in the brawl
Witness Josh Millson told The Sun Online that he was stunned when a woman punched a man before being knocked out herself, saying: “It was just going crazy.

“Everybody was shouting, the lady in the blue dress was unconscious for at least 10 seconds.

“Everyone was just fighting.”

Josh Millson

Boxing fans belted each other in the furious brawls, even throwing chairs at each other
Josh Millson

One woman could be seen being helped up during the brawls
Josh Millson

Punches were thrown with one woman being knocked out for about 10 seconds
Fans had been watching the match between Joe Dempsey and Ciaran Keenoy on Saturday night when Josh said “all hell broke loose” about 10.20pm.

He alleged that the fights first broke out when a coach pushed one of the competing boxers, Joe Dempsey, sparking fury from the fans.

“Joe’s fans started shouting… it was the fans going crazy.”

Filming part of the brawl, Josh said he couldn’t believe his eyes with fights breaking out in every corner of the room.

He said: “Plastic cups went flying then it was chairs – every man and his dog was fighting.”

Describing the scene, he said: “(There were) drunk people, with blood everywhere and police and ambulances everywhere.”

Footage taken at the Centenary Pavilion showed fans screaming at each other, with one woman in a blue dress knocked out and a man even picking up a table and trying to throw it across the room.

Josh said that the fight broke out about 10.20pm on Saturday night, with a number of people involved already intoxicated from the night out.

Security desperately tried to control the fighting, with one person heard to be screaming “calm the f*** down” as groups traded blows across the football club’s conference centre.

MORE GREAT STORIES FROM

A man could be heard pleading to the brawling crowds, yelling: “We are here for boxing tonight and some of you have just ruined it.

“It has been spoilt by your guys. We cannot continue like this… you are behaving like children. You are spoiling it for any other boxing event here in Leeds.”

Josh said that the fight only lasted about eight to ten minutes, with police quickly arriving at the event.

Around 700 tickets had been sold to the fight, with those involved in the brawls spilling out of the venue, with many nursing cuts to their heads.

The 25-year-old Leeds local said that about 25 police cars rushed to the scene, with another half a dozen ambulance crews also arriving to treat those injured in the brawl.

He said: “We all got dispersed onto the road and the people who tried to keep fighting were getting arrested.”

Due to the brawls, the main fight between Mickey Bourne and Mark Holmes, did not go ahead.

Josh Millson

Police had to be called to disperse the brawling crowds
Josh Millson

The planned fights for the rest of the night had to be cancelled
Josh Millson

All hell broke loose as spectators began punching each other
A statement released by Leeds United said: “We are disgusted by the violent scenes witnessed at the Pavillion last night during a white collar boxing event caused by a small group of individuals.

“We pride ourselves on successfully hosting major conferences and events within the venue and do not condone the actions of these individuals.

“Event staff from Elland Road had been in contact with the relevant authorities prior to the organised boxing event taking place and we provided more than the required level of trained security personnel on site for such an event.

“We will continue to work closely with West Yorkshire Police to help to identify those individuals involved in the incident.”

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 22:27 on Saturday 18 February to large scale disorder at Elland Road football ground in Leeds.

“Around 40 people were involved in the disorder at an organised boxing event at the stadium.

“Officers attended and the crowd dispersed.”

Roger Tuby wrote a comment on the video: “As event organisers of Leeds Valentines Funfair at Elland Road, Leeds. This incident at the boxing event had nothing whatsoever to do with any showman or staff at the Elland Road funfair.”

Police said three people suffered minor injuries and were taken to hospital.

Enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances of the incident.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Leeds CID via 101 quoting log number 1843 of 18/2.

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fighting broke out Friday Night Leeds/Man United Fans

Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm sorry but I feel absolutely no sympathy towards that silly cow in the blue dress. She walked right into the middle of the fracas and threw at least 2 punches herself before having a slap.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I'm sorry but I feel absolutely no sympathy towards that silly cow in the blue dress. She walked right into the middle of the fracas and threw at least 2 punches herself before having a slap.

I don't believe in hitting women, but she was actually the one punching the men first, but for me its still wrong in hitting a woman.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I'm sorry but I feel absolutely no sympathy towards that silly cow in the blue dress. She walked right into the middle of the fracas and threw at least 2 punches herself before having a slap.

I don't believe in hitting women, but she was actually the one punching the men first,but for me its still wrong in hitting a woman.

I don't believe in hitting women and would never ever be able to do it regardless of what she did but with her being happy to go in a fling a few punches the phrase 'live by the sword, die by the sword' springs to mind. :old:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:43 pm

She was probably one of those feminists, she wanted equal rights and she got equal rights and lefts :lol:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:47 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't believe in hitting women, but she was actually the one punching the men first,but for me its still wrong in hitting a woman.

I don't believe in hitting women and would never ever be able to do it regardless of what she did but with her being happy to go in a fling a few punches the phrase 'live by the sword, die by the sword' springs to mind. :old:

I suppose if he had not hit her,he would of been eventually the one on the floor and everyone battering him, its looks out of control.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Its Leeds. Classy bunch. I just feel sorry for chairs.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Can't see anywhere on the video link or on the reports which mentions Leeds and Man Utd fans unless I am missing something ?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:42 am

charlieduke wrote:Can't see anywhere on the video link or on the reports which mentions Leeds and Man Utd fans unless I am missing something ?

Sometimes the media does not know everything :thumbup:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 pm

Classy joint. Like Phoenix Nights. :lol: