Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fair season ticket price

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Family of four should be buy one adult and get other adult half price and 1 kid goes free

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:43 pm

I just had free tickets for Birmingham game. So i ordred full kit for boys birthday . Big smiles all round

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:44 am

blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:If you the club can piss away 20,000 to 25,000 a week on injured or out of favour players. Then the club can share the good will

Everybody's budget and income is different. If your on 30000 year then 300 is cheap. If your on minium wage then its tge opposite

All the money the club pissed away over the years and still people think spending a weeks wage on a season ticket is a fair price.
The club wouldn't even give discount to season ticket holders for new kit at start of season.
Loyalty my arse, 150 to 200 for Adult and kids 50 quid and ill be back. Untill then I will buy merchandise in the sale and will be a 5 or 6 game pay as you go fan.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:31 am

blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:If you the club can piss away 20,000 to 25,000 a week on injured or out of favour players. Then the club can share the good will

Everybody's budget and income is different. If your on 30000 year then 300 is cheap. If your on minium wage then its tge opposite

All the money the club pissed away over the years and still people think spending a weeks wage on a season ticket is a fair price.
The club wouldn't even give discount to season ticket holders for new kit at start of season.
Loyalty my arse, 150 to 200 for Adult and kids 50 quid and ill be back. Untill then I will buy merchandise in the sale and will be a 5 or 6 game pay as you go fan.

People pay more than 200 in league 2 for a season ticket fans need to get real

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:44 am

wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

Wez people think slashing ST prices getting more fans in is going to help? But in reality it could cost us financially a lot of money because it is big part of our income I suspect , we need more money in not the same or less. :shock:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:44 am

wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

Swansea STs start at £419
yes its prem, but the point being made here isnt quality of football but being affordable.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:53 am

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

yes its prem, but the point being made here isnt quality of football but being affordable.

Affordable but at what cost ? We are currently close to ffp limits reducing ST is not a garauntee of big enough crowds to surpass income we have now so in reality it could cost us dearly! Think of what a successful season could do next season with our present prices and increased crowds? Could lose £100s k a game if reduced ST prices :roll:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:58 am

VT should get shot of the current catering company and set up one of his own.

Set cheaper prices better food and drinks and employ local people to boot. Coupled with decent season ticket prices the club would take far more revenue!

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:06 am

Pulisnewport wrote:VT should get shot of the current catering company and set up one of his own.

Set cheaper prices better food and drinks and employ local people to boot. Coupled with decent season ticket prices the club would take far more revenue!

Compass have contract they won't break city have tried to buy them out? so at present only get a percentage of income but think contract out in year or two!

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:21 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

Affordable but at what cost ? We are currently close to ffp limits reducing ST is not a garauntee of big enough crowds to surpass income we have now so in reality it could cost us dearly! Think of what a successful season could do next season with our present prices and increased crowds? Could lose £100s k a game if reduced ST prices :roll:

Like i said money pissed away by club and so

Interesting to note that the wages of KG, Le fondre, Macheda and Kenwyne Jones alone (roughly £6.5m) were more than the amount we received from season tickets and other match day income alon

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:21 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

Like i said money pissed away by club and so

Interesting to note that the wages of KG, Le fondre, Macheda and Kenwyne Jones alone (roughly £6.5m) were more than the amount we received from season tickets and other match day income alon

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:28 am

Credit to Swansea for fair prices then. When we go back up it will be 550 and then club will ask you to renew before the possibility of relegation getting confirned . Then club wont even turn around and say after relegation you are there's sweet fu all back for your loyalty because we have to pay the big Danish corn his 50000 a week contract up.

Loyalty ????????

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

Wez people think slashing ST prices getting more fans in is going to help? But in reality it could cost us financially a lot of money because it is big part of our income I suspect , we need more money in not the same or less. :shock:

The opposite side of the argument though is that people like me who have to fork out for four (in my case possibly five) season tickets will be waiting for the price to be announced before deciding to renew. If it is a fair and affordable price, the club will get many hundreds of pounds off me (tickets, merchandise, programmes etc). If I think the price is too high and will affect my ability to afford household bills etc., then the club will not get a penny from me. Not out of choice, more necessity. I hope to be purchasing four season tickets depending on cost, if I can't that is probably equivalent to two or three new season ticket sales the club needs to find to make up for what they won't be getting from me. If you replicate this scenario many times over, it makes for an interesting debate.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

The opposite side of the argument though is that people like me who have to fork out for four (in my case possibly five) season tickets will be waiting for the price to be announced before deciding to renew. If it is a fair and affordable price, the club will get many hundreds of pounds off me (tickets, merchandise, programmes etc). If I think the price is too high and will affect my ability to afford household bills etc., then the club will not get a penny from me. Not out of choice, more necessity. I hope to be purchasing four season tickets depending on cost, if I can't that is probably equivalent to two or three new season ticket sales the club needs to find to make up for what they won't be getting from me. If you replicate this scenario many times over, it makes for an interesting debate.

Yes it does and your point is valid regarding renewing! But at moment got 11k ST holders with best will in world you'd expect that to rise if NW stays, and for every 1k of extra ST sales we get £350k or more! cut prices and you can see problem with trying to match that amount. No simple answer as argument for reducing price but argument for keeping it same to maximise income :old:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:23 pm

so in a nut shell.
ticket prices should be reduced by a minimum of 33%
refreshments in ground also reduced.
Warnock should be backed.
and Tan should reduce all the debt to equity.
mental

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

exactly the same can be said if you take your family and pay for them to the cinema, or to a restaurant , on hols. or wezs chippy. i bought 4 for many years and tbh could always have found something else to spend 1200 quid on. but 25 quid a week for 23 days out with the kids doing something that was a shared interest that we all enjoyed. a bargain .
and 300 quid is amongst the lowest in our division.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:35 pm

dogfound wrote:so in a nut shell.
mental

I may be wrong but I don't think refreshments will have any bearing on the club's finances. As far as Warnock is concerned, if he is not backed he has already said what will happen so that is up to Tan to decide. Not sure if anyone has said season tickets should be reduced by 33%, have'nt read all the comments but I don't think I've heard that suggested. I was under the impression that Tan was the person who has said he intends converting the debt to equity, so perhaps it is him who is mental rather than us posters.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm paying 360 for Hibs in the Scottish championship and that's early bird prices (March the season before) otherwise its 380!

£300 for city is a complete bargain in comparison considering the quality of football in the championship!

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
mental

I may be wrong but I don't think refreshments will have any bearing on the club's finances. As far as Warnock is concerned, if he is not backed he has already said what will happen so that is up to Tan to decide. Not sure if anyone has said season tickets should be reduced by 33%, have'nt read all the comments but I don't think I've heard that suggested. I was under the impression that Tan was the person who has said he intends converting the debt to equity, so perhaps it is him who is mental rather than us posters.

the opening post was a sugestion of 150 to 200 pounds
the thread continued in that vain.
and no. people need to start deciding what they want..the same people want debt reduced as want Warnock backed as are threatening to not renew .

Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:56 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

exactly the same can be said if you take your family and pay for them to the cinema, or to a restaurant , on hols. or wezs chippy. i bought 4 for many years and tbh could always have found something else to spend 1200 quid on. but 25 quid a week for 23 days out with the kids doing something that was a shared interest that we all enjoyed. a bargain .
and 300 quid is amongst the lowest in our division.

And that is fine if you can afford it. Unfortunately, we are not all in the same boat, and sometimes difficult choices have to be made. When the prices are announced, if I can afford it I will renew, if not there is nothing I can do about it. I will still be able to take the family to the chippy now and again, a few bags of chips are not going to set me back hundreds of pounds. Regardless of whether or not I get the season tickets, I can afford a holiday every other year providing no nasty surprise bills crop up, this year I will be at home. I'm afraid a small pension means difficult times, and utility bills, food etc., have to be my priority. If I have enough left over to get my season tickets, happy days. If I don't have enough, then there's nothing I can do about it. So for me, a lot will depend on the prices when they are announced.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Prices are frozen for early season ticket holders like myself so cant see them going down. I think the pricing is a fair price :thumbright:
Monthly payments should help with others who cant afford the 1 off payment

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:VT should get shot of the current catering company and set up one of his own.

I'm sure this year is there last year they had a 10 year contract,Ridsdale sold it off

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:49 pm

Depends on the product.£230 equals £10 per match .under Trollope a total rip off. Under Warnock a raging bargain.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 pm

mental

And dont forget to tick box for club stop pissing away millions every year on shite players

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:25 am

blue lagoon wrote:
mental

And dont forget to tick box for club stop pissing away millions every year on shite players

sorry i should have added that one

Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:54 am

skiprat wrote:Depends on the product.£230 equals £10 per match .under Trollope a total rip off. Under Warnock a raging bargain.

Your right. Its the belief that Warnock has brought to the club that should reverse the year on year decline in season ticket sales. An adult starting price around £ 15 per game has to be a bargain. They need to market it a whole lot better though. Although nowadays large attendances are pretty much season ticket based they need to also target match day sales. Simplify the pricing structure and scrap these match day price rises, which I'm convinced act as a real deterrent to attending.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:03 am

Personally, I think the prices are pretty fair.
To suggest £150 a season ticket to ridiculous and would be about six or seven quid a match!
Unfortunately it's the way of the world and football is no different that if you can't afford something, you don't buy it. Or if you think it's too expensive don't go.
It's tough if you want to take four or five kids/grandkids with you as that's a great family day out.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:04 am

epping blue wrote:
skiprat wrote:Depends on the product.£230 equals £10 per match .under Trollope a total rip off. Under Warnock a raging bargain.

Your right. Its the belief that Warnock has brought to the club that should reverse the year on year decline in season ticket sales. An adult starting price around £ 15 per game has to be a bargain. They need to market it a whole lot better though. Although nowadays large attendances are pretty much season ticket based they need to also target match day sales. Simplify the pricing structure and scrap these match day price rises, which I'm convinced act as a real deterrent to attending.

I'm pretty sure there are no match day price rises anymore?

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:30 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Personally, I think the prices are pretty fair.
To suggest £150 a season ticket to ridiculous and would be about six or seven quid a match!
Unfortunately it's the way of the world and football is no different that if you can't afford something, you don't buy it. Or if you think it's too expensive don't go.
It's tough if you want to take four or five kids/grandkids with you as that's a great family day out.

Sorry to bore everyone but my main point is why should fans subserdise this clubs policy of flushing money down down the the pan everyseason(fondra/amos/lambert,etc)
Yes, 7 per match is peanuts but if that saves working families money then happy days.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:37 am

The same point is also applies to prem clubs. This is the only country that pays up to 250 000 a week on wages in prem and milks the fans to pay for it. Anybody know the prices of season tickets in germany
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... shame.html