Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fair season ticket price

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:40 am

blue lagoon wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Personally, I think the prices are pretty fair.
To suggest £150 a season ticket to ridiculous and would be about six or seven quid a match!
Unfortunately it's the way of the world and football is no different that if you can't afford something, you don't buy it. Or if you think it's too expensive don't go.
It's tough if you want to take four or five kids/grandkids with you as that's a great family day out.

Sorry to bore everyone but my main point is why should fans subserdise this clubs policy of flushing money down down the the pan everyseason(fondra/amos/lambert,etc)
Yes, 7 per match is peanuts but if that saves working families money then happy days.

I'm sure most people would love to pay £7 a game but that's not the real world so I'm not sure why you've plucked a figure out of the sky and think it's a realistic way to run a business.
Yes the club has wasted way too much money in recent years as have loads of other clubs but that doesn't mean 6 or 7 quid a game is going to fix things, is realistic, achievable or makes any sense at all.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:45 am

Stand up for yourselves british public.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:50 am

blue lagoon wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:If you the club can piss away 20,000 to 25,000 a week on injured or out of favour players. Then the club can share the good will

Everybody's budget and income is different. If your on 30000 year then 300 is cheap. If your on minium wage then its tge opposite

All the money the club pissed away over the years and still people think spending a weeks wage on a season ticket is a fair price.
The club wouldn't even give discount to season ticket holders for new kit at start of season.
Loyalty my arse, 150 to 200 for Adult and kids 50 quid and ill be back. Untill then I will buy merchandise in the sale and will be a 5 or 6 game pay as you go fan.

People pay more than 200 in league 2 for a season ticket fans need to get real

Swansea STs start at £419
yes its prem, but the point being made here isnt quality of football but being affordable.

Affordable but at what cost ? We are currently close to ffp limits reducing ST is not a garauntee of big enough crowds to surpass income we have now so in reality it could cost us dearly! Think of what a successful season could do next season with our present prices and increased crowds? Could lose £100s k a game if reduced ST prices :roll:

Like i said money pissed away by club and so

Interesting to note that the wages of KG, Le fondre, Macheda and Kenwyne Jones alone (roughly £6.5m) were more than the amount we received from season tickets and other match day income alon

Like i said money pissed away and i will not pay for it. Pay as you go me and kid 5 times a season and freebies

Big corn, Ken Jones, Macheda money pissed away.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:54 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Personally, I think the prices are pretty fair.
To suggest £150 a season ticket to ridiculous and would be about six or seven quid a match!
Unfortunately it's the way of the world and football is no different that if you can't afford something, you don't buy it. Or if you think it's too expensive don't go.
It's tough if you want to take four or five kids/grandkids with you as that's a great family day out.

Sorry to bore everyone but my main point is why should fans subserdise this clubs policy of flushing money down down the the pan everyseason(fondra/amos/lambert,etc)
Yes, 7 per match is peanuts but if that saves working families money then happy days.

I'm sure most people would love to pay £7 a game but that's not the real world so I'm not sure why you've plucked a figure out of the sky and think it's a realistic way to run a business.
Yes the club has wasted way too much money in recent years as have loads of other clubs but that doesn't mean 6 or 7 quid a game is going to fix things, is realistic, achievable or makes any sense at all.

The way you change things is by actions. This is why the stadium is always empty. In life if people are dull enough to for it the greedy bast..... will charge it.

Final point I wonder if the greedy bast.... are bringing back discount in club shop for season ticket holders.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:37 am

blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:If you the club can piss away 20,000 to 25,000 a week on injured or out of favour players. Then the club can share the good will

Everybody's budget and income is different. If your on 30000 year then 300 is cheap. If your on minium wage then its tge opposite

All the money the club pissed away over the years and still people think spending a weeks wage on a season ticket is a fair price.
The club wouldn't even give discount to season ticket holders for new kit at start of season.
Loyalty my arse, 150 to 200 for Adult and kids 50 quid and ill be back. Untill then I will buy merchandise in the sale and will be a 5 or 6 game pay as you go fan.

People pay more than 200 in league 2 for a season ticket fans need to get real

Swansea STs start at £419
yes its prem, but the point being made here isnt quality of football but being affordable.

Affordable but at what cost ? We are currently close to ffp limits reducing ST is not a garauntee of big enough crowds to surpass income we have now so in reality it could cost us dearly! Think of what a successful season could do next season with our present prices and increased crowds? Could lose £100s k a game if reduced ST prices :roll:

Like i said money pissed away by club and so

Interesting to note that the wages of KG, Le fondre, Macheda and Kenwyne Jones alone (roughly £6.5m) were more than the amount we received from season tickets and other match day income alon

Like i said money pissed away and i will not pay for it. Pay as you go me and kid 5 times a season and freebies

Big corn, Ken Jones, Macheda money pissed away.

we get to premier next season will your stance be same?? :shock:

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:17 am

Norman: 'The other thing would be to choose a couple of schools a week and give free tickets to them for upper stand.'

This is a really good idea and I hope it gets acted on.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:19 am

I'm afraid our country is not called rip off Britain for nothing. We are used to paying over inflated prices for most things, and when we buy things in the sales and think what a bargain, we are still paying more than most people do in for example the USA.
Once upon a time nearly everyone could afford football, the biggest changes to the game I have seen are players salaries and admission prices. Why is football not so affordable to the less well off now? Simple really, someone has to contribute to the player's Bentleys and Porsches. :old:

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:48 am

blue lagoon wrote:Stand up for yourselves british public.

You can't compare us to them there one of the biggest clubs in tbe world with massive income streams

Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:01 pm

wez1927 wrote:

You can't compare us to them there one of the biggest clubs in tbe world with massive income streams

Exactly wez.
It states - what's 2 million to us. In a transfer you argue about that sum for 2 minutes. We're hardly in that league.
Bayern and Cardifff!

Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Exactly wez.
It states - what's 2 million to us. In a transfer you argue about that sum for 2 minutes. We're hardly in that league.
Bayern and Cardifff!

:lol:

Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:06 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Exactly wez.
Bayern and Cardifff!

be honest here. Aberdeen only wanted 1 million and that conversation only lasted 2mins.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Exactly wez.
Bayern and Cardifff!

It also states you can't treat fans like a cow to milk, and that football should be for everybody. That applies whether you are Chelsea or Grange Albion. Football used to be for everybody, sadly that is not the case any more in this country.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly wez.
Bayern and Cardifff!

It also states you can't treat fans like a cow to milk, and that football should be for everybody. That applies whether you are Chelsea or Grange Albion. Football used to be for everybody, sadly that is not the case any more in this country.

I don't think the club treat us as a cow ,they reduced themail prices last season also what about the price freezes most of us have had since 2008 ? Fans need to gethe real 300 pound for a season ticket in the Championship is good value luke anything in life if you dont like it don't buy it

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly wez.
Bayern and Cardifff!

I don't think the club treat us as a cow ,they reduced themail prices last season also what about the price freezes most of us have had since 2008 ? Fans need to gethe real 300 pound for a season ticket in the Championship is good value luke anything in life if you dont like it don't buy it

Easy to say if you have money. Not everyone does, and particularly in S Wales with household bills going up, rates due a nice hefty rise, plenty of people who would like to support the club will have to prioritise their expenditure. As I said, it was once a sport for anyone and everyone, but not any more. I guess if and when prices rise, the fans who are fine with todays prices will moan soon enough if they suddenly find that through whatever circumstances, they will not be able to support the team they have followed through thick and thin for decades.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly wez.
Bayern and Cardifff!

whats 2 million to Bayern Munich?
well you cant buy refreshments at their stadium with cash,you have to pre purchase a card with a minimum of 10 euros on. then for 2 hours only after the final whistle you can get what remains on your card returned to you.
Bayerns profit on unclaimed money from these cards is £2 million a season.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:27 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly wez.
Bayern and Cardifff!

Wez you say £300 for Championship Football is good value but clearly the South Wales public disagree hence our crowds, however, when the Club go low they reap the rewards, cheap tickets against Bristol City, almost 23,000 there on a Friday Night live on Sky Game, that wasn't far off a 10,000 increase from our previous home game against Derby. The other avenues they could have made money from those extra fans from the Club Shop to Match Day programmes etc would soon outstrip any loss on sales. I wouldn't bet on us having over 20,000 against Birmingham either with the offer.

My Season Ticket was £369 in the Ninian Stand, £16 quid a game, I don't mind that personally but I only have to buy one ticket and am working.

People love a bargain, I don't see why it would be so bad for us to follow the Huddersfield model, £200 a season ticket, sell thousands of them and get the place packed out, that can only be a good thing surely?

8,000 adults season tickets sold at £369 would bring in £2,952,000 sell 15,000 at £200 brings in £3,000,000. whats to lose?

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:51 pm

200 bucks spot. Its a shame people are so eager to pay over the odds.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:55 pm

You can't have it all ways expecting a competitive team, reduce debt but want low prices to watch us.

We have been very lucky with the five year price freeze with Risdale and then the price freeze for two years or one year depending on when you renewed so value in my opinion is good.

The issue you have with saying doing season tickets at low prices is there is no guarantee that all these so called missing fans will come flooding back. Are these the same fans that said blue in division two because they have certainly not !

If I was in the marketing department at Cardiff I would offer the same price season ticket however when season ticket sales reach 15,000 the club isssus back 5%, then at 17,500 another at 5% and the same for 20,000 giving a maximum of a further 15% reduction and based on £300 season ticket could be as low as £255

Based on a season ticket at a cost of £300 and based on 11,500 season tickets this would give the club 3.45 million

Under the incentive scheme 15,000 season ticket holders would give club 4.275 million, 17,500 the club 4.725 million and 20,000 would give the club 5.1 million

This would protect the club against losing revenue by offereing cheaper tickets from the out set but saying to fans back us and we will give you something back in return :thumbup:

More fans in more spent in club shop merchandise and food and creates a better atmosphere :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:58 pm

blue lagoon wrote:200 bucks spot. Its a shame people are so eager to pay over the odds.

its not keen to.its just cheap is cheap and 300quid is cheap.
less than £14 a game. i payed more than that to stand on bob bank terrace and watch us against Luton in 1994.
and if your paying for your kids its less and if your paying for other adults maybe they should buy their own.
i went through a period of buying my adult kids full price STs. reality is it was my choice. and i had an old boiler ,could do with a holiday. /drink bow not white lightening /have beef on a sunday instead of beans on toast for a change too. its called choice.
and no doubt there are people who would turn around and say what about those that can not afford 200 quid.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:26 am

I think prices can be reduced again a little more

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:57 am

RV Casual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly wez.
Bayern and Cardifff!

Wez you say £300 for Championship Football is good value but clearly the South Wales public disagree hence our crowds, however, when the Club go low they reap the rewards, cheap tickets against Bristol City, almost 23,000 there on a Friday Night live on Sky Game, that wasn't far off a 10,000 increase from our previous home game against Derby. The other avenues they could have made money from those extra fans from the Club Shop to Match Day programmes etc would soon outstrip any loss on sales. I wouldn't bet on us having over 20,000 against Birmingham either with the offer.

My Season Ticket was £369 in the Ninian Stand, £16 quid a game, I don't mind that personally but I only have to buy one ticket and am working.

People love a bargain, I don't see why it would be so bad for us to follow the Huddersfield model, £200 a season ticket, sell thousands of them and get the place packed out, that can only be a good thing surely?

8,000 adults season tickets sold at £369 would bring in £2,952,000 sell 15,000 at £200 brings in £3,000,000. whats to lose?

Sounds good but we've actually got around 11k ST holders, plus we can expect more next season with the NW effect ! So can see why club won't reduce prices! :occasion5:

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:00 pm

I changed my mind now. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I don't mind paying 300 to 500 for my season ticket. More money for the transfer committee to take risks with :old: :old: :old:

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:15 pm

blue lagoon wrote:I changed my mind now. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I don't mind paying 300 to 500 for my season ticket. More money for the transfer committee to take risks with :old: :old: :old:

I think £500 minimum. I mean how on earth is a player supposed to survive on £400 a day?

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I think £500 minimum. I mean how on earth is a player supposed to survive on £400 a day?

We are just taken for mugs :banghead: :banghead:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:50 am

blue lagoon wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

We are just taken for mugs :banghead: :banghead:

As you can see I left a zero off that figure as well. should be £3000 to £4000 a day. Nobody can survive on a pittance like that

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Well after today's anouncement we should have several thousand more ST sales that'll pay for at least one player maybe two depending on sales ??? :occasion5:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:42 pm

I agree our prices aren't bad at all and I'm happy at 300

I also agree that is a lot to some people

I also believe the club should look to cut them in the grand scheme of things ST income is peanuts

6000 tickets at £300 is only £1.8m sounds huge but it teally isn't one player would cost that a year with a signing on fee on a free transfer

Think this ear roughly 11,000 tickets at £300 = £3.3m and that's probably not the average price take into consideration the kids prices OAP's etc it's probably more like £249

So I fully agree if the club drop to £199 if expect us to get 17k ish at least maybe more now Warnock has agreed to stay

So 17,000 at £199 = £3.38m

Wouldn't put more in the coffers but it would make the place fuller and better at match days

I actually think marketed right we could get more maybe I'm certainly getting one even tho I can't attend most games and I haven't had one for years but I feel good and want to go when I can again

Cheaper walk up would also help £30 match day doesn't do the club any favours by many willing to pay that these days

£20 walk up would see more just turn up random also

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:56 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:I agree our prices aren't bad at all and I'm happy at 300

I also agree that is a lot to some people

I also believe the club should look to cut them in the grand scheme of things ST income is peanuts

6000 tickets at £300 is only £1.8m sounds huge but it teally isn't one player would cost that a year with a signing on fee on a free transfer

Think this ear roughly 11,000 tickets at £300 = £3.3m and that's probably not the average price take into consideration the kids prices OAP's etc it's probably more like £249

So I fully agree if the club drop to £199 if expect us to get 17k ish at least maybe more now Warnock has agreed to stay

So 17,000 at £199 = £3.38m

Wouldn't put more in the coffers but it would make the place fuller and better at match days

I actually think marketed right we could get more maybe I'm certainly getting one even tho I can't attend most games and I haven't had one for years but I feel good and want to go when I can again

Cheaper walk up would also help £30 match day doesn't do the club any favours by many willing to pay that these days

£20 walk up would see more just turn up random also

I also think the £300 is reasonable but obviously would be happy with a £199 price. It's a big gamble by the club to expect an extra 6,000 ST holders for the £199 price you've picked. They are probably hoping for another few thousand and freeze their prices.

Not sure where you get the £30 walk up price from?
For tomorrows game, if you're a member you can pay £17, and the walk up price on the day is just £21 I believe. Cheaper if you're over 60 and only a tenner if you're a student, 16-21 or a fiver for under 16's!!

Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Never write on forums, however wanted to contribute to this. Ex season ticket holder for 7 years before this season. Last year I managed to get myself a place in university doing nursing at the tender age of 40, I take home around £400 a month and work extra to pay rent and bills. Decided to enquire about student season ticket to be told under 25s only. City have lost me and a mate who pays full price, I will return after Uni however it's left a bitter taste in my mouth. Can somebody tell me the difference between a student under 25 and a mature student, If anything surely I have less disposable income?
(Also wrote this on my mobile#hardwork)

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Ninianborn wrote:Never write on forums, however wanted to contribute to this. Ex season ticket holder for 7 years before this season. Last year I managed to get myself a place in university doing nursing at the tender age of 40, I take home around £400 a month and work extra to pay rent and bills. Decided to enquire about student season ticket to be told under 25s only. City have lost me and a mate who pays full price, I will return after Uni however it's left a bitter taste in my mouth. Can somebody tell me the difference between a student under 25 and a mature student, If anything surely I have less disposable income?
(Also wrote this on my mobile#hardwork)

I can see your point, and I can't understand this either. Surely a student is a student irrespective of their age. This is just another example of today's "tough luck" society. Good luck with your studies, the sacrifices you make now will be worthwhile in the future. I know because I have a relation who has done exactly the same, and completed a nursing degree at Glyntaff. A three year financial struggle with little help from anywhere, a shame the football club can't give you student discount, people involved with this decision are more likely to need your help in the future rather than the help of any of their highly paid players.