Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fair season ticket price

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Ninianborn wrote:Never write on forums, however wanted to contribute to this. Ex season ticket holder for 7 years before this season. Last year I managed to get myself a place in university doing nursing at the tender age of 40, I take home around £400 a month and work extra to pay rent and bills. Decided to enquire about student season ticket to be told under 25s only. City have lost me and a mate who pays full price, I will return after Uni however it's left a bitter taste in my mouth. Can somebody tell me the difference between a student under 25 and a mature student, If anything surely I have less disposable income?
(Also wrote this on my mobile#hardwork)

I can see your point, and I can't understand this either. Surely a student is a student irrespective of their age. This is just another example of today's "tough luck" society. Good luck with your studies, the sacrifices you make now will be worthwhile in the future. I know because I have a relation who has done exactly the same, and completed a nursing degree at Glyntaff. A three year financial struggle with little help from anywhere, a shame the football club can't give you student discount, people involved with this decision are more likely to need your help in the future rather than the help of any of their highly paid players.

I echo what Steve has said, that is such a shame that the Club will not recognize you as a student, Good luck with your studies and may you reap the rewards in the future, all the best mate :thumbup: