" NEIL WARNOCK REALISTIC "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Neil Warnock: Cardiff City manager realistic over play-off hopes
BBC Sport

Monday 20th February 2017

BBC

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has played down his side's play-off hopes despite a third Championship win in a row.

The Bluebirds are 12th in the table and 13 points off the play-offs after a 5-0 hammering of Rotherham United.

But Warnock remains pragmatic about his team's chances with 13 games of the campaign remaining.

"You can't stop people dreaming, it's just I'm more of a realist at my age," he said.

Cardiff were second bottom of the table when former QPR and Sheffield United boss Warnock succeeded Paul Trollope in October 2016.

Warnock has inspired a revival which has seen Cardiff move into the top half of the table with the win over Rotherham coming after away victories at Leeds and Derby.

"It's been a fabulous week - probably one of the best in my career," Warnock added.

"You look at the quality of the teams we played away.

"We know how difficult this league is - you can't keep winning and winning and winning.

"If we lose the next seven we might be in relegation trouble. The glass is either half full or half empty."

Cardiff next host a Fulham side on Saturday who won 2-1 at Cardiff City Stadium in the FA Cup third round in January.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side, who are eighth in the Championship, were knocked out of the FA Cup by Spurs on Sunday.

"They battered us in the FA Cup," Warnock reflected. "I'm hoping we can give them a better game. I'm looking forward to it."
Attachments
CDF_171216_CF_Cardiff_v_Barnsley_52JPG.jpg
CDF_171216_CF_Cardiff_v_Barnsley_52JPG.jpg (56.33 KiB) Viewed 652 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat