Updated Ccfc fans on .Russian hooliganism. documentary

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:33 pm

What game was that footage from anyone now

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCdRN92t5dc

Re: Ccfc fans on .Russian hooliganism. documentary

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:53 pm

pengamblue wrote:What game was that footage from anyone now

Believe it or not it was our first game of the season v Wycombe Wanderers (not sure of the year) and our lads went into town after to find out that the Man Utd fans (down for the fa cup final v Liverpool the following day) had laid drive on the Prince of Wales. City hoolies were not impressed and tried s number of times to get through police lines to the Mancs.
I know that from the 'Hooligans' programme a few years later.
Not sure of any more details as I wasn't there

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:55 pm

It was 2001/2002 season first day, we had been home to Wycombe and Man Utd were playing Liverpool in the Charity Shield in the Millennium Stadium the next day.

When our game finished and our lot came back into town Utd were in the Prince of Wales and a lively night followed.

There were some very lively nights during that period of the Finals being played in the Millennium stadium, more than a few run ins with Man Utd and Birmingham to name but two,

:thumbup:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:55 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pengamblue wrote:What game was that footage from anyone now

Believe it or not it was our first game of the season v Wycombe Wanderers (not sure of the year) and our lads went into town after to find out that the Man Utd fans (down for the fa cup final v Liverpool the following day) had laid drive on the Prince of Wales. City hoolies were not impressed and tried s number of times to get through police lines to the Mancs.
I know that from the 'Hooligans' programme a few years later.
Not sure of any more details as I wasn't there

Beat me to it :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Cheers lads

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:22 am

What Documentary was it?

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:30 am

Type in Cardiff city soul crew BBC panorama on YouTube. They made a documentary on the soul crew and showed that even and the Leeds game amongst a few other ones. The quality of the video is poor but watchable.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:32 am

AJ1927 wrote:What Documentary was it?

It was either called 'Hooligan' or 'Hooligans'.
It was in 3 parts, one was based around the Euros, one based on Millwall and one based on CCFC.
It has some interesting interviews and 'fly on the wall' filming of San Hammam etc and is worth a look if you followed City during the turn of the century. You'll also see some familiar faces :thumbup:
You'll find all 3 programmes on YouTube

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCdRN92t5dc

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Oh from back in the day... early years of Sams reign... #TwasThere...
"SMELL THAT BOYS? f*cking ENGLISH THAT IS" :lol: