Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PILKINGTON

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:37 pm

As soon he is out of the club the better useless player still offside all the time creates f**k all hopefully Warnock has seen enough of him.

Re: PILKINGTON

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:11 pm

I think he will be gone.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think he will be gone.

Good.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:As soon he is out of the club the better useless player still offside all the time creates f**k all hopefully Warnock has seen enough of him.

Players get caught off side, that's football, get over it. :lol:

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:08 pm

norms76 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:As soon he is out of the club the better useless player still offside all the time creates f**k all hopefully Warnock has seen enough of him.

Who the f**k do you think you're talking to!? I'm stating he's offside all the time :banghead: Don't tell me to get over anything you little dickhead. :lol:

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Who the f**k do you think you're talking to!? I'm stating he's offside all the time :banghead: Don't tell me to get over anything you little dickhead. :lol:

:lol: I just deleted that by the way, bit harsh reading it back.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:11 pm

norms76 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
norms76 wrote:

:lol: I just deleted that by the way, bit harsh reading it back.

Made me chuckle a bit though. :laughing6: :thumbup:

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:42 pm

One of the players who doesn't fit the warnock system. I thought the central AM role would suit him, but it doesn't.

I can see Pilks, Whitts and Gunnar leaving in the summer.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 pm

That is one City player I really have little time for - did you notice, when we were awarded the penalty he had his hand up demanding the ball - Ralls gets the ball, then Pilkington is talking to him as he is walking to the spot, presumably wanting to take the pen instead. He is such an individual player - can't cross for toffee either. Spends a lot of time slapping the ground or his head in frustration.

How the hell is that the act of a team player - Joe must be the nominated pen taker in Whitts absence, why try and put him off by arguing about it. I know Pilks has taken pens before, but that got my goat today.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:52 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:That is one City player I really have little time for - did you notice, when we were awarded the penalty he had his hand up demanding the ball - Ralls gets the ball, then Pilkington is talking to him as he is walking to the spot, presumably wanting to take the pen instead. He is such an individual player - can't cross for toffee either. Spends a lot of time slapping the ground or his head in frustration.

How the hell is that the act of a team player - Joe must be the nominated pen taker in Whitts absence, why try and put him off by arguing about it. I know Pilks has taken pens before, but that got my goat today.

Agree with this ,the team was unbalanced with him in the side how the hell he replaced kadeem I have no idea
And when whitts was brought on we lost even more pace ,for me both of them got to go ,and they are high earners

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:54 pm

He's decent as a squad player, and has talent, but he lacks intensity and I don't see him in a promotion winning team!

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:11 pm

llan bluebird wrote:One of the players who doesn't fit the warnock system. I thought the central AM role would suit him, but it doesn't.

I can see Pilks, Whitts and Gunnar leaving in the summer.

Gunnar? he has been great under Warnock.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:13 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:That is one City player I really have little time for - did you notice, when we were awarded the penalty he had his hand up demanding the ball - Ralls gets the ball, then Pilkington is talking to him as he is walking to the spot, presumably wanting to take the pen instead. He is such an individual player - can't cross for toffee either. Spends a lot of time slapping the ground or his head in frustration.

Exactly terrible attitude he's just another OGS player just sponging off the club get rid ASAP.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:13 pm

If we get a decent offer for Gunnar it wouldn't surprise me. He is great when your up against it but in other games he just gets passed by.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Gunnar will be nailed on, some fans need a reality check. Players don't play well every week, Gunnar had mom for a few months. Pilks I agree, time to go.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:22 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:He's decent as a squad player, and has talent, but he lacks intensity and I don't see him in a promotion winning team!

I have never thought he lacked intensity, he is extremely intense. He is another converted winger with good technical ability but lost that yard of pace and needs a tippy tappy possession based game to maximise his ability.

To the point of losing more pace when Whitts came on, he replace Halford ?

And to the point of Gunnar supporting Zohore, I have yet to see that, Ralls does as much running now as he did when he played with Whitts.Since we have gone 433 we haven't seen Gunnar with a MoM performance. Gunnars lack of mobility and passing range coupled with a decent transfer price makes me think he won't be here next season as well as Whitts and Pilks

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:28 pm

All he is concerned with his himself.. good player but not a team player.. would if subbed him after 50 mins.. think he will he gone unless he improves his attitude.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:29 pm

langley wrote:All he is concerned with his himself.. good player but not a team player.. would if subbed him after 50 mins.. think he will he gone unless he improves his attitude.

He will be gone I don't think Warnock rates him and rightly so.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:54 am

The trouble is he's contracted until June 2019???

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cardiff- ... on_id/2016

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:05 am

Why do you think Warnock played him yesterday instead of Kadeem? It's because he wanted to find out what he had to offer, and the answer was nothing, he already knows what Kadeem has to offer, Warnock is just finding out who is going and who is staying, and after yesterday, and till the end of the season will be doing more of the same. those on here criticizing Warnock cannot see what he is doing, it's bloody obvious, to most people, sometimes I do despair of us city fans :thumbup:

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:19 am

Igovernor wrote:Why do you think Warnock played him yesterday instead of Kadeem? It's because he wanted to find out what he had to offer, and the answer was nothing, he already knows what Kadeem has to offer, Warnock is just finding out who is going and who is staying, and after yesterday, and till the end of the season will be doing more of the same. those on here criticizing Warnock cannot see what he is doing, it's bloody obvious, to most people, sometimes I do despair of us city fans :thumbup:

I understand what your saying, however I also think that NW team selection yesterday was one of limitation, not one of experimentation.

I have no doubt that NW knows exactly who's who in the squad, but I also think the biggest problem in going to be moving players out, specially those who have one or two contracted seasons left.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:14 am

Will score the odd great goal but overall delivers little.

Not got much pace, isnt particularly strong and his passing is not great.

Apart from a purple patch when Slade was forced to play him up front, he soon got found out btw, I think he's been another expensive mistake.. Certainly in terms of wages.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:15 am

Igovernor wrote:Why do you think Warnock played him yesterday instead of Kadeem? It's because he wanted to find out what he had to offer, and the answer was nothing, he already knows what Kadeem has to offer, Warnock is just finding out who is going and who is staying, and after yesterday, and till the end of the season will be doing more of the same. those on here criticizing Warnock cannot see what he is doing, it's bloody obvious, to most people, sometimes I do despair of us city fans :thumbup:

He played yesterday because kadeem was not fit.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Top scorer this season and last, genuine ability and works hard.

Is keep him, he's one of our better players.

However he's one on quitebig wages who we could get a decent fee for, so could well be on his way in the summer if the right offer comes in

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Needs to be gone for me,Brilliant goal against the wurzels but not sure what he offers exactly. Harris was advised by the doctors to rest otherwise hed have started

Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:42 pm

What is his best position? I just think hes average

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 am

Excellent player. Still our top scorer, despite missing many games. In a 4-2-3-1 he should be middle of the three.
Some of his passing , especially second half, was excellent on Saturday.
Not sure if Warnock rates him, but he's not always right......after all, he signed bloody Halford!

Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:25 pm

It's like a witch hunt this forum some times.
All our best technically gifted players get abuse.

He's only just come back from a long time on the sidelines. He's not going to be able to work his socks off for 90mins.

Same as whitts. He got abuse for the brum game. Yet he was the only player who got the ball over their right backs head.