Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JOE RALLS

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Stepping up the plate if you ask me, fans thought he was a natural replacement for witts but he's not. They are different and now joe ralls is playing his game he will only get better. He's simple with energy and gives you everything, he has his faults like all players at this level but he's the type of player we will miss if he doesn't play. Besides, Warnock knows best and right now he starts every week :thumbup:

Re: Joe ralls

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Stepping up the plate if you ask me, fans thought he was a natural replacement for witts but he's not. They are different and now joe ralls is playing his game he will only get better. He's simple with energy and gives you everything, he has his faults like all players at this level but he's the type of player we will miss if he doesn't play. Besides, Warnock knows best and right now he starts every week :thumbup:

100% agree.

He can't pass like Whitts or Tackle like Gunnar, but he can tackle better than Whitts and pass better than Gunnar and cover as much ground in one game as the pair of them !!!!

Warnocks style of play really suits him. Next seasons vice captain ?

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:00 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Stepping up the plate if you ask me, fans thought he was a natural replacement for witts but he's not. They are different and now joe ralls is playing his game he will only get better. He's simple with energy and gives you everything, he has his faults like all players at this level but he's the type of player we will miss if he doesn't play. Besides, Warnock knows best and right now he starts every week :thumbup:

100% agree.

He can't pass like Whitts or Tackle like Gunnar, but he can tackle better than Whitts and pass better than Gunnar and cover as much ground in one game as the pair of them !!!!

Potentially, has taken the pens on and not let us down.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Agree on all accounts. Certainly looks like he's improving again

Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:15 am

llan bluebird wrote:

100% agree.

I think that's a fair description.
He also plays better without Whitts as Whitts takes up a lot of Ralls natural positions.

Re: JOE RALLS

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 am

Since Warnock dropped him hes been brilliant yesterday he ran the the show

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:02 am

I thought he stood out yesterday and NW looks to have got him on an improving curve again. We should remember that Joe is still only 23, about 6 months older than when Whitts joined us, but he has now played 120 games for us. Watching him f**k off Pilkington from the penalty kick was brilliant and shows the confidence he has at this moment.

Next season I have no doubt NW will play his favourite 4-2-3-1 formation and JR will not be one of the 2 defensive midfield players. But after his recent performances I have no doubt he has secured one of the 3 CM roles.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:06 pm

castleblue wrote:I thought he stood out yesterday and NW looks to have got him on an improving curve again. We should remember that Joe is still only 23, about 6 months older than when Whitts joined us, but he has now played 120 games for us. Watching him f**k off Pilkington from the penalty kick was brilliant and shows the confidence he has at this moment.

Next season I have no doubt NW will play his favourite 4-2-3-1 formation and JR will not be one of the 2 defensive midfield players. But after his recent performances I have no doubt he has secured one of the 3 CM roles.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Superb player when you think he's only 23. He's growing in stature and despite the criticism he attracts from a minority, I think we're very lucky to have him. He's improved no end with the absence of Whittingham and no doubt under NW's tutelage. I think a lot of it is down to confidence.

I think he, Gunnar and A N Other will be key to our fortunes next season as Warnock attempts to fashion a midfield fit for purpose. Something we haven't had for an awfully long time.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:57 pm

I think this 4141 really suits him.

With a central combination of Gunnar and Ralls the ball carrying duties fall to Joe which he can do really well.
My only issue is the combo of Halford,Gunnar and Ralls is very negative and it falls into kick and rush,like yesterday.

I think Warnocks 4231 with QPR was to maximise a player who was streets ahead of the rest of the championship in Taraat, i am not sure he'll go to that with us.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:46 pm

A few months ago, I said Ralls would never become anything more than an average Championship midfielder. He's completely proven me wrong. His performances have risen several levels under Warnock and he's consistently maintaining those performance levels. He was involved with everything yesterday and his ball to Bennett in the first half must be one of the passes of the season.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:50 pm

"He can't pass like Whitts or Tackle like Gunnar, but he can tackle better than Whitts and pass better than Gunnar and cover as much ground in one game as the pair of them !!!!" [llanbluebird]

Actually, according to the statistics' handbook, 'Who Scored':
(1) Ralls and Gunnars have both averaged 1.7 tackles / game throughout the season. Dick's is 1 per game.
(2) Dick's passing accuracy is virtually the same as Ralls viz 75.9% as opposed to 73%. Gunnars is 66%.

StT.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:"He can't pass like Whitts or Tackle like Gunnar, but he can tackle better than Whitts and pass better than Gunnar and cover as much ground in one game as the pair of them !!!!" [llanbluebird]

Actually, according to the statistics' handbook, 'Who Scored':
(1) Ralls and Gunnars have both averaged 1.7 tackles / game throughout the season. Dick's is 1 per game.
(2) Dick's passing accuracy is virtually the same as Ralls viz 75.9% as opposed to 73%. Gunnars is 66%.

StT.

Cheers steve, any idea where we can get KM's covered in a game from ?

Re: JOE RALLS ... FAO: llan bluebird

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:20 pm

"Cheers steve, any idea where we can get KM's covered in a game from?"

KM?

StT

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Sorry, Kilometres (should have been Km's).

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:37 pm

Don't like him.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:11 am

Sorry can't find that one, llanbluebird. Still trying.

StT.