Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Independence

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The vast majority of Wales doesn't want independence. Only the loon Leanne Wood thinks she can override the people of Wales the stupid bitch. Sturgeon another un democratic dictator as well.
Rant over god save the queen

Agree i would love an independent wales but im realistic we cant surport ourselves and i wouldnt trust the looney lefties of plaid and labour to run a bath for me

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:52 pm

https://sovereignwales.com/constitution/ https://sovereignwales.com/declaration/ https://sovereignwales.com/manifesto/ it's possible but with several new parties to kick Plaid asses

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:45 am

mucker wrote:50% of Scottish voters in the General Election didn't vote for SNP but only got three seats.The 50% that voted SNP got 56 seats.Ukip gained 3.8 million votes for one seat in Parliament.SNP gained their 56 seats with 1.4 million votes.North sea oil prices dropped by 97% in 2016.Spain will veto any Scottish application for EU membership due to Catalonian situation.Guess who would intervene if Russia decided to fancy Scotland?Any bricks left fom Mexico wall ?????

SNP have peaked and that showed in the last elections. Nicola Sturgeon egged on by her irrepressible puppeteer Alec Salmond) is having one last stab in the dark at achieving her/his lifetime dream of independence

The pair of them must have been researching Ancestory.co.uk and find they are both related to Robert the Bruce because that can be the only explanation as to why they are so intent on selling their constituents down the river of financial ruin!

As for wales becoming truly 'independent' of the UK? I don't think even the most optimistic of Plaid Cymru self-seekers could really want that to happen and should the Scots ever succeed in their quest to 'go it alone' it would only go to show Wales that (being even less financially viable than Scotland) the grass really is greener where we are! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:36 am

Sven wrote:
mucker wrote:50% of Scottish voters in the General Election didn't vote for SNP but only got three seats.The 50% that voted SNP got 56 seats.Ukip gained 3.8 million votes for one seat in Parliament.SNP gained their 56 seats with 1.4 million votes.North sea oil prices dropped by 97% in 2016.Spain will veto any Scottish application for EU membership due to Catalonian situation.Guess who would intervene if Russia decided to fancy Scotland?Any bricks left fom Mexico wall ?????

SNP have peaked and that showed in the last elections. Nicola Sturgeon egged on by her irrepressible puppeteer Alec Salmond) is having one last stab in the dark at achieving her/his lifetime dream of independence

The pair of them must have been researching Ancestory.co.uk and find they are both related to Robert the Bruce because that can be the only explanation as to why they are so intent on selling their constituents down the river of financial ruin!

As for wales becoming truly 'independent' of the UK? I don't think even the most optimistic of Plaid Cymru self-seekers could really want that to happen and should the Scots ever succeed in their quest to 'go it alone' it would only go to show Wales that (being even less financially viable than Scotland) the grass really is greener where we are! :ayatollah:

When I was in school, on a map, half the world was pink. Ruled by England or 'Britain.' The vast majority of those nations are now free from the grip of colonialism even tiny countries like Malta are doing ok. Wales and then Scotland were the first nations to be colonized by the English, what do you find so wrong in nations wishing to self-determine their own future?

Think for a moment, Wales gets £200m as part of the Barnet formula to run health, education etc. Westminster are spending £400m to repair Buckingham Palace! You can add the cost of a new yacht and repairing Westminster to that and you might look at things from a different perspective. The Welsh economy is worst than it's ever been. That's partly down to Labour, but then that's how England wants it to be, they wouldn't want us to be a rich, confident, healthy nation would they?

Wales is not too small, I've mentioned Malta, you can add Iceland, Latvia etc to the list. All smaller nations that are doing ok thank you.

We are waking up to the post Brexit British Isles. Scotland WILL become an independent nation, maybe not not next time but in the near future. Ireland WILL become united. Who would have thought that! But I remember a friend who served in the forces there telling me that eventually the unionists will become the minority. This is happening now, a combination of Brexit and biology! So, that leaves Wales. do we become a county of England like Devon or Somerset or even Wangland! Or do we become a nation once again? I know what I would choose.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 am

BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

When I was in school, on a map, half the world was pink. Ruled by England or 'Britain.' The vast majority of those nations are now free from the grip of colonialism even tiny countries like Malta are doing ok. Wales and then Scotland were the first nations to be colonized by the English, what do you find so wrong in nations wishing to self-determine their own future?

Think for a moment, Wales gets £200m as part of the Barnet formula to run health, education etc. Westminster are spending £400m to repair Buckingham Palace! You can add the cost of a new yacht and repairing Westminster to that and you might look at things from a different perspective. The Welsh economy is worst than it's ever been. That's partly down to Labour, but then that's how England wants it to be, they wouldn't want us to be a rich, confident, healthy nation would they?

Wales is not too small, I've mentioned Malta, you can add Iceland, Latvia etc to the list. All smaller nations that are doing ok thank you.

We are waking up to the post Brexit British Isles. Scotland WILL become an independent nation, maybe not not next time but in the near future. Ireland WILL become united. Who would have thought that! But I remember a friend who served in the forces there telling me that eventually the unionists will become the minority. This is happening now, a combination of Brexit and biology! So, that leaves Wales. do we become a county of England like Devon or Somerset or even Wangland! Or do we become a nation once again? I know what I would choose.

200 million ypur speaking shit

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 am

wez1927 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Rich healthy confident nation !? Not in a million years will we be that as an independent nation, need income to be that and we certainly don't create that sufficiently! Not to mention mass exodus of companies ect ect to England Europe. There are hundreds of smaller nations than Wales but doesn't mean that they are prosperous far from it :thumbup:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 am

Irish Satire website Waterford Whispers done a Craicer today on the subject, http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2016/0 ... nda-kenny/ It`s a great website far superior to Wales On Craic whose Writers/Stories are below par to kind. :occasion5:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:00 am

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Rich healthy confident nation !? Not in a million years will we be that as an independent nation, need income to be that and we certainly don't create that sufficiently! Not to mention mass exodus of companies ect ect to England Europe. There are hundreds of smaller nations than Wales but doesn't mean that they are prosperous far from it :thumbup:

Maybe, but they all can make their own decisions and mistakes and not be put in their place and take handouts from a bully next door!
As for the £200m you'll find that was the extra amount given to Wales in the recent budget to run services. The other figures were also announced in the budget for the repair to the Windsor's house and boat. Fair? I think not.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:03 am

BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Maybe, but they all can make their own decisions and mistakes and not be put in their place and take handouts from a bully next door!
As for the £200m you'll find that was the extra amount given to Wales in the recent budget to run services. The other figures were also announced in the budget for the repair to the Windsor's house and boat. Fair? I think not.

You trust wag to run our country? Talk of the blind leading the blind! :laughing5:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:19 am

BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Your knowledge of history is pisspoor, your grasp of economics is even worse.the fact cranks like you favour independence should be sufficient to warn discerning people away from it.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:29 am

Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Your knowledge of history is pisspoor, your grasp of economics is even worse.the fact cranks like you favour independence should be sufficient to warn discerning people away from it.

We can do well on the export front. We can export charity shops, call centres, mobile phone shops, you name it we've got it. Not sure how we will be able to pay pensions, benefits etc., going to have to tax the people who are lucky enough to work about 99% of their salary and this still won't be enough.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:56 am

Honestly I do not see one reason I think is any good to want independence. We do not live in a dictatorship where the evil overlord dishes out punitive punishments on their welsh slaves. We live in a democracy where I for one have a very good standard of life. Even the poorest amongst us do not routinely go hungry. Yes there are outliers. I think there will always be some. Even when accounting for food banks people do still get fed. We do not have starving children lining the streets. We do not live in a world where people have to scavenge waste bins of fast food places to re cook the left overs and sell to others. We do NOT live in abject poverty. I challenge people to go to countries such as even the Philippines where people DO live like that. 3 generations of a family living in a shack house. Let's not even get in to some African countries.
We have a democratic say in who governs us. It isn't perfect but we DO get a choice. We are free to travel the world. We are free to be who we want and enjoy liberties only dreamt of even 50 years ago. Why is being part of the United Kingdom so bad??
Like it or not we have a Welsh assembly and Welsh MPs to represent out point of view. We have a strong currency and enjoy banter with Scotland Ireland and England.
Honestly I just can not see a sane reason why we would want to give it up for an illusion of more autonomy. I am already very autonomous thank you very much.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:25 am

welshrarebit wrote:Honestly I do not see one reason I think is any good to want independence. We do not live in a dictatorship where the evil overlord dishes out punitive punishments on their welsh slaves. We live in a democracy where I for one have a very good standard of life. Even the poorest amongst us do not routinely go hungry. Yes there are outliers. I think there will always be some. Even when accounting for food banks people do still get fed. We do not have starving children lining the streets. We do not live in a world where people have to scavenge waste bins of fast food places to re cook the left overs and sell to others. We do NOT live in abject poverty. I challenge people to go to countries such as even the Philippines where people DO live like that. 3 generations of a family living in a shack house. Let's not even get in to some African countries.
We have a democratic say in who governs us. It isn't perfect but we DO get a choice. We are free to travel the world. We are free to be who we want and enjoy liberties only dreamt of even 50 years ago. Why is being part of the United Kingdom so bad??
Like it or not we have a Welsh assembly and Welsh MPs to represent out point of view. We have a strong currency and enjoy banter with Scotland Ireland and England.
Honestly I just can not see a sane reason why we would want to give it up for an illusion of more autonomy. I am already very autonomous thank you very much.

And we have the freedom to vote for Plaid Cymru who want to be independent but the vast majority do not. Enough said there Wales don't want it even the Scots are waking up to the thought that old Keankee is a lunatic waiting to get the keys to the asylum then give all Scotlands powers to Brussels. Independent Scotland my arse.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Insults! It's always a sign when an argument is lost. :wave: :wave:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:29 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Only insulting your knowledge of history ect not you personally! but then if you believe Wales would survive being independent country must question your sanity? :cat: :dontknow: :crybaby: :munky2: :laughing3: :violent1: :cya: :wave:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Only insulting your knowledge of history ect not you personally! but then if you believe Wales would survive being independent country must question your sanity? :cat: :dontknow: :crybaby: :munky2: :laughing3: :violent1: :cya: :wave:

I'd rather be a mad free Welshman than Brit!
Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish.
:wave:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:06 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Perhaps you can tell me when Scotland was colonised by England, was it at the Union of the Crowns or the Act of Union or at another time. The Tudors were Welsh so are you sure the Welsh didn't colonise England.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:03 pm

BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish.

Respectfully I utterly disagree with that. Britishness is most certainly not in my view a synonym for Englishness. Englishness isn't even one thing! Whilst I would not claim to know what you are thinking I'm guessing for you that Englishness is the quintessential Home Counties /southern stereotype?? Well northerners. Cornish. Geordies. They are all different to the stereotype. So are we. It is in my opinion a narrow view you are taking. Furthermore. How on earth are we as Welsh people. Not free??? Seriously. I don't get this mentality we aren't free. We are some of the most liberated people on the planet!!!

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:24 pm

welshrarebit wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Respectfully I utterly disagree with that. Britishness is most certainly not in my view a synonym for Englishness. Englishness isn't even one thing! Whilst I would not claim to know what you are thinking I'm guessing for you that Englishness is the quintessential Home Counties /southern stereotype?? Well northerners. Cornish. Geordies. They are all different to the stereotype. So are we. It is in my opinion a narrow view you are taking. Furthermore. How on earth are we as Welsh people. Not free??? Seriously. I don't get this mentality we aren't free. We are some of the most liberated people on the planet!!!

Didn't you know we are being kept in slavery to do the bidding of England? :laughing6:
He prefers the freedom of having Europe dictate his every day life? :clap:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Didn't you know we are being kept in slavery to do the bidding of England? :laughing6:

Just have to be thankful that people like Blue Gog are in a tiny minority. I wonder if he really believes the rubbish he spouts or if he does it just to get a good debate going. Like someone has already said, what on earth is an English culture. I am sure the good folk of Northern England would say that their culture is different to the leafy suburbs of Surrey, and the Cornish and Devon people would say that they have their own distinctive culture. I have never felt imprisoned by the English, and I have never felt the need to set fire to peoples cottages unlike the small minded numbskulls of a previous generation. I feel Welsh first and British second, and have always felt that here in Wales we have our own seperate culture.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:42 pm

welshrarebit wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

He hasn't got any answers, he just post meaningless pseudo intellectual bollox and runs away. Questions like what currency would Wales use, would they seek admission into the EU, would they join NATO etc are not mentioned, it's all the evil Saxons fault seems to be his default position.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

Just have to be thankful that people like Blue Gog are in a tiny minority. I wonder if he really believes the rubbish he spouts or if he does it just to get a good debate going. Like someone has already said, what on earth is an English culture. I am sure the good folk of Northern England would say that their culture is different to the leafy suburbs of Surrey, and the Cornish and Devon people would say that they have their own distinctive culture. I have never felt imprisoned by the English, and I have never felt the need to set fire to peoples cottages unlike the small minded numbskulls of a previous generation. I feel Welsh first and British second, and have always felt that here in Wales we have our own seperate culture.

Exactly always put Welsh down for nationality whenever possible!! Every part of UK as it's own culture identity? If EU have their way we will be just European nationals. :roll:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:38 pm

skiprat wrote:I know but what's the answer for wales? .which ever government is in power we are always the land of the pauper lowest gdp etc.

The Welsh economy was designed by London to be an extraction economy. We are the lowest of the low because our country was/still is run from another and bot for the Welsh, by the Welsh

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:50 pm

djronnieb wrote:Scotland and Wales would go bankrupt if they had independance
The Scottish and Welsh leaders are total looneys
That Krankie woman should be sectioned
Great Britain includes 4 countries and should stay that way
The Welsh assembly should also be scraped as they waste millions of our moneyv

Four countries all run from London though. That means that we aren't really a country though doesn't it= complete fail in logic. I would argue if we did that, we should also scrap our national teams because we would not deserve to be a nation

Scrap the Assembly even though there have been 2 referendums won in the last few years. Are you a fascist or just anti-democratic? Start overturning referendums and Brexit will be next sonny Jim

I'll ignore the consistent polls in favour of more powers being devolved to Wales over the last decade. I imagine you're the type of person who doesn't believe a poll unless it agrees with you. However, if you want to verify, google elections in Wales blog or search for the recent st. David's poll on the BBC

Assembly wastes loads of money? Westmonster wastes more in a month than the Assembly does in a year. In your world, you would have Wales, run from an unelected office in London, controlled by a party (who lost in Wales) and who recently passed a budget to give the queen (one of the richest landowners) a £400m refurb of her palace whilst only giving the entire country of Wales £200m!

Sheer lunacy if you ask me

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:55 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The vast majority of Wales doesn't want independence. Only the loon Leanne Wood thinks she can override the people of Wales the stupid bitch. Sturgeon another un democratic dictator as well.

God save the queen, she deserves more money to renovate her palace than the entire nation of Wales. That £400m our money, to one of the richest landowners in the country could go on housing homeless people or funding veterans mental health services.

Do you really have to resort to name calling? You are a grown man are you not?

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Bushy Eyebrows wrote:https://sovereignwales.com/constitution/ https://sovereignwales.com/declaration/ https://sovereignwales.com/manifesto/ it's possible but with several new parties to kick Plaid asses

Pro Indy Wales, anti-EU. Sounds good to me :thumbup:

Will keep an eye on these

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Sven wrote:

You trust wag to run our country? Talk of the blind leading the blind! :laughing5:

You show your ignorance though. The WAG has barely existed since 2001. The Assembly is the legislature, that scrutinize the government. Don't like the decision, you remove the government, not the institution. You understand yeah?

Essentially what you are doing is blaming Zohore for Mcgregor conceding goals. They play in the same stadium but have completely different roles.

For example, 9/10 when you hear the Welsh Gov failing, it is the other AMs exposing that failure. That is how democracy works in a normal country

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Tell you what, here is a practical example on how we could close the shortfall

Wales and Ireland are quite similar in terms of population
Wales, as part of the UK sends £1.9bn to Westminster to spend on defence
Ireland, a larger country than Wales, spends £500m

Let's assume we would want a similar size armed forces to Ireland, we could save £1.4bn straight away with the swish of a pen.

Point is, it would be our decision to make, not a faceless, unelected, Oxbridge beuracrat who has probably never stepped foot in Wales

I would call that taking control, I would call that having a backbone, ironically a similar narrative taken by Brexiteers

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:33 pm

tcblue wrote:

God save the queen, she deserves more money to renovate her palace than the entire nation of Wales. That £400m our money, to one of the richest landowners in the country could go on housing homeless people or funding veterans mental health services.

Do you really have to resort to name calling? You are a grown man are you not?

So you suggest someone is a Facist but criticise others for name calling.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:35 pm

tcblue wrote:
djronnieb wrote:Scotland and Wales would go bankrupt if they had independance
The Scottish and Welsh leaders are total looneys
That Krankie woman should be sectioned
Great Britain includes 4 countries and should stay that way
The Welsh assembly should also be scraped as they waste millions of our moneyv

Four countries all run from London though. That means that we aren't really a country though doesn't it= complete fail in logic. I would argue if we did that, we should also scrap our national teams because we would not deserve to be a nation

Scrap the Assembly even though there have been 2 referendums won in the last few years. Are you a fascist or just anti-democratic? Start overturning referendums and Brexit will be next sonny Jim

I'll ignore the consistent polls in favour of more powers being devolved to Wales over the last decade. I imagine you're the type of person who doesn't believe a poll unless it agrees with you. However, if you want to verify, google elections in Wales blog or search for the recent st. David's poll on the BBC

Assembly wastes loads of money? Westmonster wastes more in a month than the Assembly does in a year. In your world, you would have Wales, run from an unelected office in London, controlled by a party (who lost in Wales) and who recently passed a budget to give the queen (one of the richest landowners) a £400m refurb of her palace whilst only giving the entire country of Wales £200m!

Sheer lunacy if you ask me

Who only gives Wales £200m, your not an economist are you, you really don't have a clue.