Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK TELLS IT HOW HE SEES IT...

Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Neil Warnock: Cardiff boss did not see Wigan as a 'threat' under Warren Joyce

Tues 14th March 2017

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock says he did not consider Wigan Athletic to be a "threat" once they appointed Warren Joyce as manager in November.

Former Manchester United Under-21 boss Joyce was sacked on Monday after only four months in charge of the Latics.

Warnock's side are currently 13th in the Championship but were a point above the drop zone, and Wigan, in 21st when Joyce took charge.

"No disrespect but when Wigan appointed him, I was delighted," Warnock said.

He added to BBC Radio Wales Sport: "I didn't think they were going to be a threat to us.

"I like Warren but you can't just put someone into the Championship who's never been there - it's nothing like youth football."

Warnock recently signed a contract extension to stay as Bluebirds' manager until the end of 2017-18, but is confident about his position because of a lack of managerial talent elsewhere.

"I'm in a unique situation for a manager because I'm not bothered if I get the sack - they can sack me tomorrow if they want," he said.

"If I want another job, I can get another job. That's not being conceited, I just don't see many good managers around.

"There used to be hundreds, you could name them all but the Championship is not like any other league."

Re: NEIL WARNOCK TELLS IT HOW HE SEES IT...

Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Sven wrote:
Warnock said "No disrespect but when Wigan appointed him, I was delighted"

Love him or hate him here is another NW classic :thumbup: :laughing5:

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sven wrote:

And he was complimentary about Lee Johnson at Brizzle. ;)

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sven wrote:

That's the bit I laughed at, along! LOL :lol:

Old school manager with old school values. He tells it how he sees it with a mischievous smile on his face! :ayatollah: