Bitch and idiot

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bitch and idiot

Postby Bluebird since 1948 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Theresa May will stick to her guns, she doesn't give a toss about Scotland leaving or not unlike Cameron. What she cares about is making sure we get the best deal possible from exiting the EU, bit difficult to do when you have the chaos and uncertainty of an independence referendum rumbling on in the background.

Scotland have an absolute right to have a referendum however unfortunately for the SNP they will more than likely have to wait until 2020/2021 to have one at the earliest and I feel that is a perfectly fair and reasonable. The real reason the SNP want to leave before we brexit is they see it as the only way to leave the UK, keeping the pound and joining the EU. They desperately do not want to join the Euro but they have to if they want to join the EU, it's their last throw of that particular dice and its looking like a fail.
Bluebird since 1948

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:Political Parties and Political Leaders often get slagged off in the media for not doing what is in their Manifesto. The Voters in Scotland gave the SNP the majority in their country, whether you agree with it or not. Whether or not you argee, Scotland voted remain in the EU referendum, should they be taken out of the EU against their will?

Here's the part of the 2016 manifesto of the SNP. Quite clearly says they will be pursuing another referendum within the next parliament... not really a shock is it? Scottish Greens have also said the same.

I ask again, if Scotland is in such a state financially, why are the UK so desperate to hold on to them? The UK is coming other of the EU, so won't need to bail them out. :roll:

IF IT IS CLEAR MORE THAN HALF THE COUNTRY WANT INDEPENDENCE.
well in 2014 35% of the country voted for independence.
last year 40% voted remain.
more than half is 1 person more than 50% so where is the evidence.?
i think the 50year old playgroundheads have put a tad more thought into this than legolady

Dodgy ground here.they had a majority when those that could be arsed to vote did so,same as the Brexit vote.The same as any General Election or Local for that matter.Clinton actually beat Trump in the popular vote but Trump got the votes in numbers where it mattered. Doesn't work your way,never has.

They did not have a majority in the referendum to break up the UK, most Scots don't want another referendum and in Brexit 35% of SNP voters wanted out the EU. He's on solid ground .

Jock,I didn't say they did but Scotland has voted in favour of the UK staying in the EU by 62% to 38%(doing yourself out of 3%) - with all 32 council areas backing Remain.Did you forget the 62% :lol: The point is even that 62% probably doesn't account for 50% of the voting population.

Does it matter if they voted remain as they are leaving the eu with or with out us

Wez,I seem to remember you were ecstatic when we voted to come out saying we should stand by the result and rightly so.Are you saying now it only matters when the result suits you because like it or not there is a mandate there for those Scots that want to remain in the EU and you should give that vote the same credibility as the overall vote to retain any cred.
Sneggyblubird

Postby wez1927 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:59 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:Political Parties and Political Leaders often get slagged off in the media for not doing what is in their Manifesto. The Voters in Scotland gave the SNP the majority in their country, whether you agree with it or not. Whether or not you argee, Scotland voted remain in the EU referendum, should they be taken out of the EU against their will?

Here's the part of the 2016 manifesto of the SNP. Quite clearly says they will be pursuing another referendum within the next parliament... not really a shock is it? Scottish Greens have also said the same.

I ask again, if Scotland is in such a state financially, why are the UK so desperate to hold on to them? The UK is coming other of the EU, so won't need to bail them out. :roll:

i think the 50year old playgroundheads have put a tad more thought into this than legolady

Dodgy ground here.they had a majority when those that could be arsed to vote did so,same as the Brexit vote.The same as any General Election or Local for that matter.Clinton actually beat Trump in the popular vote but Trump got the votes in numbers where it mattered. Doesn't work your way,never has.

They did not have a majority in the referendum to break up the UK, most Scots don't want another referendum and in Brexit 35% of SNP voters wanted out the EU. He's on solid ground .

Jock,I didn't say they did but Scotland has voted in favour of the UK staying in the EU by 62% to 38%(doing yourself out of 3%) - with all 32 council areas backing Remain.Did you forget the 62% :lol: The point is even that 62% probably doesn't account for 50% of the voting population.

Does it matter if they voted remain as they are leaving the eu with or with out us

Wez,I seem to remember you were ecstatic when we voted to come out saying we should stand by the result and rightly so.Are you saying now it only matters when the result suits you because like it or not there is a mandate there for those Scots that want to remain in the EU and you should give that vote the same credibility as the overall vote to retain any cred.

But Scotland have had there once in a lifetime referendum already tho.snp have said today that they want a referendum coz they are leaving the eu but they will be leaving the eu what ever happens
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:42 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i didnt make that 1st line up you know.
IF IT IS CLEAR MORE THAN HALF THE COUNTRY WANT INDEPENDENCE..
thats very clear. no mention of turn out.how can there be? and zero to do with normal countries or elections or thoughs, clinton , trump brexit or every election ever its taken from the SNP manifesto posted here to make the point FOR a referendum.
my question therefore is, what evidence does the stupid idiot have that half the country want independence.?
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:44 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

thats very clear. no mention of turn out.how can there be? and zero to do with normal countries or elections or thoughs, clinton , trump brexit or every election ever its taken from the SNP manifesto posted here to make the point FOR a referendum.
my question therefore is, what evidence does the stupid idiot have that half the country want independence.?

rock solid ground snegs. read back to what african posted.
dogfound

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:40 am

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Ah,I get it now,That's a quote but it still doesn't alter the fact that they have a clear mandate.(personally I hope they stay)They are voting today and with the help of the Greens they will rubber stamp it.As for whether its financially viable or not for them to go independent remains to be seen but it never stopped the Irish and after nearly 100yrs of independence still haven't got a financial pot to piss in and rely heavily on the EU and don't forget it was the British government that bailed them out in the financial crisis.(Oh the historical irony).
Sneggyblubird

Postby dogfound » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Ah,I get it now,That's a quote but it still doesn't alter the fact that they have a clear mandate.(personally I hope they stay)They are voting today and with the help of the Greens they will rubber stamp it.As for whether its financially viable or not for them to go independent remains to be seen but it never stopped the Irish and after nearly 100yrs of independence still haven't got a financial pot to piss in and rely heavily on the EU and don't forget it was the British government that bailed them out in the financial crisis.(Oh the historical irony).

i hope they stay too.
not so sure on the mandate. either very poorly worded or deliberately to do what they are now attempting.
its certainly not clear half the country want independence because at no point have half of scotland voted for a party that states that in their manifesto. the Snp will continue to push for one referendum after another until they get their way though.
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat