Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

fulham crowd last night

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Cant believe they only got 15487 last night.best footballing side in the division in my opinion.shows how some clubs depend on big away support to boost their attendances.

Re: fulham crowd last night

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:43 pm

skiprat wrote:Cant believe they only got 15487 last night.best footballing side in the division in my opinion.shows how some clubs depend on big away support to boost their attendances.

Fulham always been a small club to Chelsea.

In fact Im shocked they got that.

Thats why Fulham not only have a neutral end they give clubs with big away support 4,000, 5,000 and 7,000 tickets,which a lot of Championship clubs take up.

But Blackburn are also another club with crap home and and not that good away support usually,so put Fulham and Blackburn together, you get a medium sized crowd of 15,487 fans.

But to be fair to Blackburn, struggling in the Championship,they took over 700 fans last night on a 9hr round trip, good away support :thumbright:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Just shows football is one of few businesses that isn't based on supply and demand. 2 clubs with many years in the premier league but with poor fan bases. On par with Wigan Bournemouth Swansea etc.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:03 pm

skiprat wrote:Just shows football is one of few businesses that isn't based on supply and demand. 2 clubs with many years in the premier league but with poor fan bases. On par with Wigan Bournemouth Swansea etc.

Correct :thumbright:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm

I think a lot of clubs have fans based on London and when Fulham comes up they jump on the tube and make a Day of it, it's a good one to do. 700 is good but how many tracked from Blackburn? Not that it makes any difference or takes anything away from them. I always find a lot of fulhams crowd are tourists who want to experience football, the atmosphere is dire and I never feel they know who they are. :thumbup:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Stringfellow wrote:I think a lot of clubs have fans based on London and when Fulham comes up they jump on the tube and make a Day of it, it's a good one to do. 700 is good but how many tracked from Blackburn? Not that it makes any difference or takes anything away from them. I always find a lot of fulhams crowd are tourists who want to experience football, the atmosphere is dire and I never feel they know who they are. :thumbup:

:lol:
Exactly Gareth :thumbright:

Don't forget we have a massive fan base in London :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skiprat wrote:Cant believe they only got 15487 last night.best footballing side in the division in my opinion.shows how some clubs depend on big away support to boost their attendances.

Fulham always been a small club to Chelsea.

In fact Im shocked they got that.

Thats why Fulham not only have a neutral end they give clubs with big away support 4,000, 5,000 and 7,000 tickets,which a lot of Championship clubs take up.

But Blackburn are also another club with crap home and and not that good away support usually,so put Fulham and Blackburn together, you get a medium sized crowd of 15,487 fans.

But to be fair to Blackburn, struggling in the Championship,they took over 700 fans last night on a 9hr round trip, good away support :thumbright:

Interesting to see the Monaco crowd tonight. A City-State with under 40,000 population and they're filling a stadium of 19000. Monaco must be a ghost town tonight!