Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bye Bye Craig Noone & Declan John '

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:30 am

BYE BYE! THE 2 MOST LIKELY PLAYERS TO QUIT CARDIFF CITY THIS SUMMER

Football League

Written by Ashley Williams

Thursday 16th March 2017

With just nine games left of the season, Neil Warnock will be aiming to push his players to finish the season on a high.

The Bluebirds sit in 13th place in the league and are likely to finish in a mid-table position as there is a too much of a gap for them to push for a top six place.

Following his commitment to the club for the 2017/2018 campaign, Warnock’s focus will be on the summer where he will certainly be aiming to bolster his side.

Warnock has always been known to be a hard man to please and will certainly be expecting his squad to be amongst the promotion chasers next season.

The boss came out to the press this week stating that he was unhappy with certain players in the squad including Declan John and Craig Noone in their recent draw to Blackburn Rovers.

Craig Noone was being offloaded in January but due to lack of players left at Cardiff City,Warnock at the last moment stopped it.

Declan John has not impressed during training sessions and has yet to start for Neil Warnock this season.

From now until the end of April, every member of the squad should be fighting to prove to Warnock that they are worthy of a blue shirt for next season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bye Bye Craig Noone & Declan John '

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:41 am

Still think singling these two out for the Blackburn equaliser was wrong. They were not long on the field and it's hard to adjust.
Plus, I don't like public blame of players, which creates animosity. I recall Dave Jones destroying Matthews after a defeat at Watford....he was never the same after.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:16 am

Personally, I think publicly blaming a player by a manager is extremely unprofessional and wreaks of the manager trying to shift the buck. Even if the player's attitude and performance is horrendous, keep internal business exactly that. My opinion of Jones shifted when he did that. I always had a reasonable opinion of him before then.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:46 am

I think if NW is publicly blaming players then he has a perfectly good reason for doing so. He has managed over 1000 games and been promoted 8 times so he knows what he is doing. :notworthy: not only that DJ and CN are shit and definitely come under the 'deadwood' banner.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:21 am

Noone was playing well recently and John was excellent at wingback early season.
Warnock is a great manager, but can still make mistakes.
The signing of Halford is another one....Hope I'm proved wrong, but he hasn't got a position, while Connolly has been good at centre and right back.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:41 am

It wasn't that long ago that Noone scored a screamer v Derby and whipped in a perfect free kick for Morrison at Leeds.

And John was a few inches away from a last gasp winner v Fulham.

I too dislike public criticism of players.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:11 pm

Personally I think this is another Blog, a would be sports journalist rehashing opinions posted on here. All sumisation and supposition. Total bollox.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:49 pm

NorthGwentBlues wrote:Personally I think this is another Blog, a would be sports journalist rehashing opinions posted on here. All sumisation and supposition. Total bollox.

It's taken from the Football League World.
But Warnock did single Declan John and Craig Noone out and to be fair they have both failed.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:51 pm

In this game of football managers can get sacked because of players not doing what they are told and lets be honest this is not a local lad working in a shop for £50 a week these are young men on between 5 and 20 grand a week.

Warnock is trying to give them some fight if they respond and fight for him and the team they will have a future if they done and go crying off then they can find a future some where else.

I think a manager should say this to the press we all do on here players are always getting slagged off on this site and other sites and of course the players look on these sites so they have to be tough its a tough game but they are well paid for.

Players have to respond on a personal note I have been told by a friend that Warnock is thrilled with Declan in the way he has responded and is trying to get Declan more agressive and mouthy he is way to quiet and nice apparently lol

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:07 pm

John isn't good enough and will be gone now doubt.

When Warnock took over I thought Noone would have been one of the ones he would get the best out of but although he has looked decent in certain games I dont think he will be one Warnock wants to keep.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NorthGwentBlues wrote:Personally I think this is another Blog, a would be sports journalist rehashing opinions posted on here. All sumisation and supposition. Total bollox.

But Warnock did single Declan John and Craig Noone out and to be fair they have both failed.

Yes I understand that, however its one of theses sites where they openly request people to "write for them", the way in which its written has nothing particularly groundbreaking or fact based just an opinion based on their interpretation of Warnock's words and opinion on here.

I would rather someone stick a quote on something rather than just rehash someone else's views and guess at what the club are doing, message boards are great, this one is, but when theses blogger sites just accept a written piece and submit its as a known fact it does sites like this one a massive disservice. Long live the message board but too much opinion and guessing is posted on the blog sites by people who aren't in no more of a position that you or I to know exactly what Mr W is thinking let alone who hes getting shot of.

Mught be a case for you to sue them for plagiarism...... :lol:

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:02 pm

NorthGwentBlues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes I understand that, however its one of theses sites where they openly request people to "write for them", the way in which its written has nothing particularly groundbreaking or fact based just an opinion based on their interpretation of Warnock's words and opinion on here.

I would rather someone stick a quote on something rather than just rehash someone else's views and guess at what the club are doing, message boards are great, this one is, but when theses blogger sites just accept a written piece and submit its as a known fact it does sites like this one a massive disservice. Long live the message board but too much opinion and guessing is posted on the blog sites by people who aren't in no more of a position that you or I to know exactly what Mr W is thinking let alone who hes getting shot of.

Fair point :thumbright:

Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Maybe Warnock can start taking a bit of the blame himself, his thinking behind subs since Fulham game have been poor.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:28 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Maybe Warnock can start taking a bit of the blame himself, his thinking behind subs since Fulham game have been poor.

To some extent Warnock's hands were tied during the Birmingham game. Whittingham and John offer very little and Kadeem was reportedly not 100%. Maybe I take your point with Noone. If he was purely trying to make an example of him then maybe he shouldn't even have been on the bench otherwise it's a waste of a player if he had no intention of bringing him on. In fact he was the only one on the bench to my mind who could have made a difference. That said, Halford wasn't 100% and Warnock is down to the bare bones with the squad.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:40 pm

It's written by Ashley Williams he's a Jack so what you expect :lol:
Leave noone and John alone.
Declan hasn't played so hard to hit the ground running and noone has got form only to be knocked down .
They are city players so I'll support em as long as they still here and Ashley Williams can do one :bluescarf:

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 pm

load of bollox !

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:17 pm

Bye Bye = A Few Others :wave:

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Bye Bye = A Few Others :wave:

So true, thank God there's a few more to be ejected.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:18 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I think if NW is publicly blaming players then he has a perfectly good reason for doing so. He has managed over 1000 games and been promoted 8 times so he knows what he is doing. :notworthy: not only that DJ and CN are shit and definitely come under the 'deadwood' banner.

Fair comment, Tony. I was told that Neil Warnock is/was at the end of his tether with (a) Declan's attitude and commitment to training, and (b) Nooney failure to deliver in any consistent patterns; something we've all seen over recent seasons, where he has gone on mini runs of spectacular games/goals before going on longer runs of 'blind alley' attacking! :thumbup:

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:16 am

NorthGwentBlues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

TBH Just about any site or message board is an open invitation to write an opinion. That opinion may be factual based or more likely simply a 'gut feeling' or just made up. It is the reader's responsibility to whether they perceive the opinion as fact but most posts (including this one) are obviously the views of the author and it is up to the individual whether they agree or not.

If everyone was restricted to only posting if they could back up their views with 100% factual evidence then social media would close overnight and any way that kind of restriction is sailing very close to censorship.

Basically what I am saying is anyone can post an opinion whether it is factual based or not. It is up to the reader to determine whether it should be taken with a pinch of salt or not.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 am

Danny Says wrote:It wasn't that long ago that Noone scored a screamer v Derby and whipped in a perfect free kick for Morrison at Leeds.

And John was a few inches away from a last gasp winner v Fulham.

I too dislike public criticism of players.

Isn't that a case of selective memory?

Simply put DJ DIDN'T score and nearly is no good. With Noone as someone pointed out at the time of the Derby game 'one swallow doesn't make a summer'. He has been awful for much of his time here but now and again springs into life with a 5 minute cameo before going back to his ineffectual default setting.

Good players can have the odd bad game or run of games but will on the whole be consistently good. No-one can make a case that DJ or CN have at anytime over the past 4/5 years been consistently good despite being given a number of opportunities.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
NorthGwentBlues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

TBH Just about any site or message board is an open invitation to write an opinion. That opinion may be factual based or more likely simply a 'gut feeling' or just made up. It is the reader's responsibility to whether they perceive the opinion as fact but most posts (including this one) are obviously the views of the author and it is up to the individual whether they agree or not.

If everyone was restricted to only posting if they could back up their views with 100% factual evidence then social media would close overnight and any way that kind of restriction is sailing very close to censorship.

Basically what I am saying is anyone can post an opinion whether it is factual based or not. It is up to the reader to determine whether it should be taken with a pinch of salt or not.

You don't half waffle on fair play

Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:09 pm

nubbsy wrote:
NorthGwentBlues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

And that coming from the only person who spotted the Kenneth Zohore revival :laughing5:

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:04 pm

nooone has been better of late, but 1 in 5 good games is not what Warnock wants,hes a manager that demands consistency. Nothing wrong with his attitude and he does try hard but time to move on. John is just not good enough,everyone including myself wants him to come good because hes a local lad but his league one loan spell is definetly his level.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:53 pm

noone is a hot or cold air footballer,as a paying fan, i got no time for those players, with the wages your earning, want hot air all the time, bye, sorry mate , its a dog eat dog world now :banghead:

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:02 pm

nubbsy wrote:
NorthGwentBlues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

And that coming from the only person who spotted the Kenneth Zohore revival :laughing5:

We can't all be talented analysts like myself I'm afraid.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:13 pm

really. people got to stop thinking im watching cardiff city, you got to think, you paid your money to watch professional footballers , your weekend entertainment, if your not getting value for money dont turn up,,,, another post, why we only got 10,000,to 15,000 turning up :(