Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" German Legend Gets SACKED from my Spanish Club "

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:09 am

" German Legend Gets SACKED from my Spanish Club "

Atlético Baleares -

Atlético Baleares is a Spanish football team based in Palma, Majorca, in the ... In the early years of the '50s and '60s, however, it did manage four appearances in the Segunda División (1950–52, ...

Atelico Baleares sack German Manager‎ and legend ‎Christian Ziege

Ziege was capped 72 times for Germany, scoring nine goals.

Atletico Baleares Ground‎: ‎Camp de futbol "Son Malferit", Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain‎

Atletico currently 9th in Segunda Division B

Def the right decision, they backed Ziege and he has failed miserable to even make the play-offs this season.
His football in my opinion was also to defensive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " German Legend Gets SACKED from my Spanish Club "

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 am

Ziege was capped 72 times for Germany, scoring nine goals.

Playing career

Club career

At club level, Ziege played for Bayern Munich (1990–97),[3] Milan (1997–99) and Middlesbrough (1999–2000). In summer 2000 Liverpool F.C. made a £5.5m bid which exactly matched a get-out clause in Ziege's contract. Middlesbrough insisted they had received offers in excess of £8m for Ziege, but were forced contractually to allow Ziege to talk to Liverpool, who then signed him.[4] He made his debut for Liverpool in a 3–2 home win over Manchester City on 9 September 2000, replacing Steven Gerrard in the second half. A combination of knee injuries and the improving form of Jamie Carragher,[5] meant he was transferred to Tottenham Hotspur at the end of that season. He scored two goals during his spell at Liverpool; against Leeds in the league[6] and Stoke in the League Cup.[7] Ziege also contributed to their treble in the 2000-01 season. He came on as an extra time substitute in the 2001 Football League Cup Final and scored a penalty in the shootout as Liverpool defeated Birmingham City, but he was not part of the match days squads for either the 2001 FA Cup Final or 2001 UEFA Cup Final.

On 14 March 2002, Liverpool were fined £20,000 by The Football Association for making an illegal approach for Ziege, while the player himself was fined £10,000.[8] Whilst at Spurs he scored in the 2002 Football League Cup Final but he ended up on the losing side. However, by this time Ziege's injury problems were escalating, and by 2004 his contract was terminated by mutual consent so he could return to Germany.

Ziege returned to Germany with Borussia Mönchengladbach in June 2004,[9] but announced his retirement in October 2005, having not played since the previous December due to a persistent ankle injury.[10]

International career
Ziege was capped 72 times for Germany, scoring nine goals.[11] Other than the Euro 96 win, he also played for his country at the 1998 and 2002 World Cups (during which he played the final game and sported a rather amusing mohawk), as well as Euro 2000 (he was a member of the Euro 2004 squad, but didn't play). Ziege was not initially named in Rudi Völler's UEFA Euro 2004 squad,[12] but was then called up after an injury to Christian Rahn.[13]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:27 am

Annis - I know a great manager who can help and isn't employed at the moment .

Ill send the link to him right now .

His name is Russell ;)

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:18 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Annis - I know a great manager who can help and isn't employed at the moment .

Ill send the link to him right now .

His name is Russell ;)

:lol:

Mike, No thank you Zieges football was on par with Slades and I can't take No more :banghead:

:lol: :thumbright:

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:49 pm

:bluebird: :bluescarf:

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Atletico Baleares Official statement :lol:

Christian ziege is officially adopted tomorrow at 15:00 pm from the entire team after his and commitment as a coach of atletico baleares.

The Club wishes to thank christian ziege for his professional work in the past one and a half years and wishes to him in his professional career as a trainer, as well as private all the best for his future.

Until further notice is the team of ' josico mentored, which officially tomorrow at 16:00 PM. It will be presented

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:37 pm

:thumbright:

Atletico Baleares New Manager Appointed

José Joaquín Moreno Verdú (born 6 January 1975), known as Josico, is a Spanish retired footballer who played as a defensive midfielder, and a current coach.

His 16-year professional career was mainly associated with Las Palmas and Villarreal (six years apiece), and he amassed La Liga totals of 240 games and 13 goals over the course of nine seasons.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Josico directs his first training and officially is presented as new coach of the Balearic islands.