Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' DAVID MARSHALL COULD BE AVAILABLE BUT '

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:23 am

' DAVID MARSHALL COULD BE AVAILABLE BUT '

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/1 ... lable-but/ :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

David Marshall could be available this Summer, but Hull City will want their £2.5million back at least and with Marshall's high wages,which are believed to be around £25,000 a week and Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock with apparently a budget for next season believed to be as low as between £4-£6million and that will be after offloading at least eight Cardiff players, Marshall will be way out of Cardiff City's reach.

David Marshall ex Cardiff City goalie and former Bluebirds captain and fans favourite, has not had that good a time with Hull City since leaving the Bluebirds.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/1 ... lable-but/ :bluebird: :bluebird:

A change of manager at Hull City has seen Marco Silva replace Mike Phelan, and with that managerial change there has been a swap in goalies, as Eldin Jakupovic has been chosen ahead of David Marshall.

It is also believed David Marshall's family and himself, would jump at the chance of returning to Cardiff City where they never wanted to leave in the first place, but unless Hull are willing to take a massive loss and virtually let Marshall go on a free and he himself took a massive pay cut,Cardiff fans can only dream of such a goalie like Marshall returning.

Personally i believe there will be a queue of clubs wanting Scotland's goalie David Marshall this summer.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/1 ... lable-but/ :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' DAVID MARSHALL COULD BE AVAILABLE BUT '

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:26 am

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/1 ... lable-but/ :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:36 am

Although he's proven what a quality keeper he is for us, I'm not sure if I would pay £2.5m and £25,000 a week if we're trying to slash the wage bill

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:43 am

It's a non starter, Warnock has already said he could get 3-4 keepers for what mcgregor is earning so to think we'll pay a £2.5 mill fee and marshalls high wages is just not going to happen in my opinion. Fantastic keeper and a legend but we haven't got the budget.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 am

We will have to do our buying in the pound shop, and they won't be selling David Marshalls. Out of our price range.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:51 pm

We paid bugger all for Marshall and other keepers in the past and weve had some gems im confident that warnock will bring anotber one in

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:08 pm

He hasn't been the same the last year or so and while I would welcome him back I dont think the club should be looking to spend that kind of money on fees and wages on a keeper.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:29 pm

I feel for Marshall, always a true pro and he and his family loved Cardiff.

Where ever he goes I wish him well and hope it works out for him.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:07 pm

cardiffblue74 wrote:I feel for Marshall, always a true pro and he and his family loved Cardiff.

Where ever he goes I wish him well and hope it works out for him.

Exactly how I see it and feel :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:32 pm

I would love Marshall to come back but its not financially viable.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Time to move on,plenty of good keepers available at half the wages.
The gravy train has ended,time to rebuild.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:18 pm

The only ever present in the promotion campaign, Marshall was a colossus in the Bluebirds goal. Sold on to Hull City earlier this summer for a mere £2.5mill, but could rise if he makes 10 more appearances for Hull City this season, he has enjoyed a bumpy start at his new club. However, Marshall is without a doubt one of City's modern day legends, turning out for the club 278 times across eight seasons.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Get him back - Better than Camp :lol:

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:36 am

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Marshall would agree to take a cut in his wages to secure a move home, so wouldn't write it off completely.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:08 am

Replies from Facebook

Matthew John Harrop Past his best

Steve Perry <>< Nonsense. He's only 32 and 'keepers who have looked after themselves have many more years in them after 32.

Liam Murphy Bring back super Marshall!!

Tim Morris a good source has told me a deal has already been done. his wife wants him back in wales

Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Possibility of two scenarios come the end of the season:

1) If Hull stay in the Premiership

They maybe happy to "do a deal" given the extra security of a seasons Premiership money.

2)If Hull get relegated

The may wish to offload Marshall and McGregor as part of a cost cutting excercise

I dont know what our budget is, of course, but if we have a budget of £15k per week for a keeper then I guess we could offer £25k (an extra £0.5m per year) and loan him rather than pay a transfer fee. Seems like a Win-Win for everyone??