Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHAT NEIL WARNOCK TOLD HIS PLAYERS TO DO "

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:18 am

NEIL WARNOCK: "I told the players to be more adventurous and told them to enjoy the game"

Kenneth Zohore, led the blue shirts and swaggered about Cardiff City Stadium with verve and vigour. Warnock's brave decision to allow his team to play in a fluid, adventurous manner paid spectacular dividends against struggling Ipswich Town.

NEIL WARNOCK:
“I wanted to enjoy it if we can,” reflected the boss after the game when asked about his bold team selection. Jazz Richards and Joe Bennett became barnstorming full backs and there was no stopping Cardiff's awesome interchanging front four.

“We played a different system last week and it was boring, I didn't enjoy it. So I gambled.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " WHAT NEIL WARNOCK TOLD HIS PLAYERS TO DO "

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:04 pm

Honest and to the point. Thank you Neil Warnock

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:00 am

It makes the team less predictable. Harder to defend against and difficult to set up your opposition.

All good!! :bluescarf:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:39 am

interesting too that with only Whitts and Gunnar in CM we weren't overrun - playing 4 attacking players with 2 obvious wingers and a No 10 with skill and pace, as well as big Ken up top, meant that Ipswich had to adapt their formation to cope with it or we would have torn them a new one.

So much more entertaining and defensively less stressful than the Brum performance, even though our goalie did make a couple of decent saves, one excellent one in the first half in particular.

I hope we can do a deal with Hull for a season loan for Big Al - he is a class keeper with slightly better boots than Marshy - noticeably longer kicks.

:bluebird: :ayatollah: