Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEIL WARNOCKS 12 CARDIFF CITY PLAYERS THAT WILL BE '

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 am

My strong opinion & going by Warnocks comments

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... t-will-be/ :thumbright: :bluebird:

' NEIL WARNOCKS 12 CARDIFF CITY PLAYERS THAT WILL BE HIS BACK BONE FOR NEXT SEASON '

' THANKS TO NEIL WARNOCK CARDIFF WILL ALREADY HAVE A SMALL BUT QUALITY SQUAD FOR 2017-18 SEASON '

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... t-will-be/ :bluebird: :bluebird:

But for Cardiff City make the top six at least Warnock will need at least another four quality players and another four or five players as back ups?

Already we have seen Warnock's team down to its bare bones over the last two months,so to get promotion we will need to add the squad below.

But just look at what a small,but quality squad we already have :thumbright: :bluebird:

Kenneth Zohore Citys new wonder striker thanks to Neil Warnock and will prob save City a few £million in looking for a striker like Zohore,but City will need another striker as well

Sol Bamba has been solid and one of Neil Warnocks main signings,thankfully has another season on his contract.

Junior Hoilett has agreed to stay next season :thumbright:

Matt Connolly part of Citys squad and has made 26 appearances this season.

Sean Morrison, for me blows hot and cold,but is virtually ever present.

Aron Gunnarsson always had the ability,just the two previous managers were clueless. Gunnarsson now shining under Neil Warnock and is one of Warnocks main players.

Jazz Richards had failed until Neil Warnock arrived and now is improving every game.

Joe Ralls another City player vastly improved under Warnock.

Joe Bennett,another City player vastly improved under Warnock.

Gregg Halford is improving the fitter he gets.

Lee Peltier,very consistent and will be part of City's squad next season, will be fit for next season.

Plus striker Rhys Healey

Striker Rhys Healey was a big part of Neil Warnocks plans for next season,Warnock is hoping Healey will be fully fit by November at least and will be part of Warnocks match day squad once fit again.

" CARDIFF CITY SQUAD 2017-18 "

Neil Warnock will already have these players as his back bone :thumbright:

Lee Peltier

Sol Bamba

Joe Bennet

Gregg Halford

Sean Morrison

Jazz Richards

Joe Ralls

Matt Connolly

Aron Gunnarsson

Junior Hoilett

Kadeem Harris

Kenneth Zohore

Plus Rhys Healey once recovered from a long injury.

OPINIONS? :thumbright:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... t-will-be/ :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCKS 12 CARDIFF CITY PLAYERS THAT WILL BE '

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am

WE NEED A FIRST TEAM GOALIE ASAP FOR NEXT SEASON?

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... arris-now/ :thumbright: :bluebird:

' Kadeem Harris '

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... arris-now/ :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:35 am

Harris, it doesn't sound like he's staying unfortunately, contract ends this season.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:36 pm

I think Harris will be a fool if he leaves pat the end of the season. As most of us have recognised, it's no coincidence his form has increased tenfold since NW came to the club. If I was in his position, I'd sign a new contract with a buyout clause or an option to leave if a premier league came in for him. Like many on here. I don't think he's anywhere near ready for the premier league but then who knew KZ would score 9 in 10 games.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:02 pm

RFMH wrote:Harris, it doesn't sound like he's staying unfortunately, contract ends this season.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... arris-now/ :bluebird:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:04 pm

I think there will be a few surprises, wouldn't surprise me to see Bennett or Connolly leave.

If a decent fee came in for Morrison or Gunner I wouldn't be surprised to see them go either, Id feel confident in NW replacing those type of players quite easily and using the money to bring in better attacking options.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Nowhere near the quality here to seriously threaten the top teams. Will need some genuine class added to this squad, and that will not come cheap. Don't forget, these players are already here, and although we have vastly improved during the second half of the season, we don't have the players here for a top six finish, and Warnock has said the same thing. Will need all Warnock's contacts if we are to get the quality needed at a price that the club are willing to pay.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Nowhere near the quality here to seriously threaten the top teams. Will need some genuine class added to this squad, and that will not come cheap. Don't forget, these players are already here, and although we have vastly improved during the second half of the season, we don't have the players here for a top six finish, and Warnock has said the same thing. Will need all Warnock's contacts if we are to get the quality needed at a price that the club are willing to pay.

Steve,

I've said that,what I am saying is Warnock already has a good back bone of quality players thanks mostly to him himself :thumbright: :bluebird:

But for Cardiff City make the top six at least Warnock will need at least another four quality players and another four or five players as back ups?

Already we have seen Warnock's team down to its bare bones over the last two months,so to get promotion we will need to add the squad below.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 pm

noisycat wrote:I think Harris will be a fool if he leaves pat the end of the season. As most of us have recognised, it's no coincidence his form has increased tenfold since NW came to the club. If I was in his position, I'd sign a new contract with a buyout clause or an option to leave if a premier league came in for him. Like many on here. I don't think he's anywhere near ready for the premier league but then who knew KZ would score 9 in 10 games.

I think Kadeem Harris would be foolish to leave just as he is now finally making it :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think there will be a few surprises, wouldn't surprise me to see Bennett or Connolly leave.

If a decent fee came in for Morrison or Gunner I wouldn't be surprised to see them go either, Id feel confident in NW replacing those type of players quite easily and using the money to bring in better attacking options.

Luke, I would let Morrison go, but if he stays,I would not have him as Captain,he is certainly not Captain material.

As to Aron Gunnarsson, that would be madness,the club tried to push him out before to get fast money in, but thanks to Warnock
Gunnners has become one of his best players and Warnock has publicly stated Gunners is one of the best players in the Championship.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:26 pm

I know Hoilett made a brief comment about wanting to stay but I'd guess that is very different to actually signing a new contract, unless Warnock has already given him an idea of terms.

Has he actually signed/agreed ? It's a big statement of intent if he has.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:27 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I know Hoilett made a brief comment about wanting to stay but I'd guess that is very different to actually signing a new contract, unless Warnock has already given him an idea of terms.

He has agreed verbally, not signed yet.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:I know Hoilett made a brief comment about wanting to stay but I'd guess that is very different to actually signing a new contract, unless Warnock has already given him an idea of terms.

I'd make him the first "signing".

He's been good so far but after a full pre-season with Zohore improving all the time I think Hoilett could make a massive impression on the Championship next season.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:31 pm

I can see him bringing Mark Kennedy back into the fold- NW said he sent him to Plymouth so he could keep a watchful eye on him and he's played very well for them apparently.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Bennett isn't Mr Warnock's type of player. He likes defending first and attacking second. Bennett has been criticised publicly twice by the manager.

If Peltier and Connolly fit, Bennett would not be playing. Expect supporting left back or utility player to be signed to compete with Connolly, Peltier and Richards for full back spots. Bennett and Declan John to go.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My strong opinion & going by Warnocks comments

Link

' NEIL WARNOCKS 12 CARDIFF CITY PLAYERS THAT WILL BE HIS BACK BONE FOR NEXT SEASON '

' THANKS TO NEIL WARNOCK CARDIFF WILL ALREADY HAVE A SMALL BUT QUALITY SQUAD FOR 2017-18 SEASON '

But just look at what a small,but quality squad we already have :thumbright: :bluebird:

Kenneth Zohore Citys new wonder striker thanks to Neil Warnock and will prob save City a few £million in looking for a striker like Zohore,but City will need another striker as well

Sol Bamba has been solid and one of Neil Warnocks main signings,thankfully has another season on his contract.

Aron Gunnarsson always had the ability,just the two previous managers were clueless. Gunnarsson now shining under Neil Warnock and is one of Warnocks main players.

Jazz Richards had failed until Neil Warnock arrived and now is improving every game.

Lee Peltier,very consistent and will be part of City's squad next season, will be fit for next season.

Striker Rhys Healey was a big part of Neil Warnocks plans for next season,Warnock is hoping Healey will be fully fit by November at least and will be part of Warnocks match day squad once fit again.

Lee Peltier

Sol Bamba

Joe Bennet

Gregg Halford

Sean Morrison

Jazz Richards

Joe Ralls

Matt Connolly

Aron Gunnarsson

Junior Hoilett

Kadeem Harris

Kenneth Zohore

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... t-will-be/ :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

You can add Halford and Pilkington can see them staying and be great if Manga resigned!

That would leave around 9 to come in?

Keeper McGregor? Fee
Keeper free
Word had it Patterson from hearts who would be a free can play anywhere across the back.
Centre midfielder Fee
2 wingers and 3 strikers 2 fees/free/loans

Think some of those are already done deals

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think there will be a few surprises, wouldn't surprise me to see Bennett or Connolly leave.

Luke, I would let Morrison go, but if he stays,I would not have him as Captain,he is certainly not Captain material.

As to Aron Gunnarsson, that would be madness,the club tried to push him out before to get fast money in, but thanks to Warnock
Gunnners has become one of his best players and Warnock has publicly stated Gunners is one of the best players in the Championship.

Morrison certainly isn't captain material

Agree Gunnar has been a lot better under NW as I think he got stale before. I think he will want to keep him but if a good offer comes in for say 2m and he thinks he can replace him for say 1m and use the extra 1m elsewhere I think Warnock might.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My strong opinion & going by Warnocks comments

Link

Lee Peltier

Sol Bamba

Joe Bennet

Gregg Halford

Sean Morrison

Jazz Richards

Joe Ralls

Matt Connolly

Aron Gunnarsson

Junior Hoilett

Kadeem Harris

Kenneth Zohore

You can add Halford and Pilkington can see them staying and be great if Manga resigned!

That would leave around 9 to come in?

Keeper McGregor? Fee
Keeper free
Word had it Patterson from hearts who would be a free can play anywhere across the back.
Centre midfielder Fee
2 wingers and 3 strikers 2 fees/free/loans

Think some of those are already done deals

Karl, yes we have about 12 already including Halford in my opinion,plus once Rhys Healey is back towards the end of this year.

Pilkington is on massive wages and I am not sure he would be in the first team under Warnock if we had a full,be interesting to see if he stays. Other clubs prob can't afford his wages.

8 or 9 players to come in, I agree :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:11 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'd make him the first "signing".

He's been good so far but after a full pre-season with Zohore improving all the time I think Hoilett could make a massive impression on the Championship next season.

I would as well :thumbright: :bluebird:

For me Junior Hoilett,Harris and Zohore were all like new signings under Warnock(Well Hoilett was :lol: ) All stood out :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 pm

TaffEmbankment wrote:I can see him bringing Mark Kennedy back into the fold- NW said he sent him to Plymouth so he could keep a watchful eye on him and he's played very well for them apparently.

Mark Kennedy shining in Div2(4th Div), massive difference.

For me hmmm? I hope he does prove me wrong, a true professional :thumbright:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Will be interesting to see how Zohore performs know other teams are begining to pay attention to him. Will also be interesting how much money it would take before we accepted a bid for him if he can continue his current good run. As we know, every player has his price, and we are not in a position to turn down any big offers.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:14 pm

londonlegal wrote:Bennett isn't Mr Warnock's type of player. He likes defending first and attacking second. Bennett has been criticised publicly twice by the manager.

If Peltier and Connolly fit, Bennett would not be playing. Expect supporting left back or utility player to be signed to compete with Connolly, Peltier and Richards for full back spots. Bennett and Declan John to go.

Peltier and Connolly are Warnocks first choice, but I think Bennett has a lot to offer :thumbright:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Morrison certainly isn't captain material

Agree Gunnar has been a lot better under NW as I think he got stale before. I think he will want to keep him but if a good offer comes in for say 2m and he thinks he can replace him for say 1m and use the extra 1m elsewhere I think Warnock might.

If £2mill is offered he might be forced to sell(Could be a fall out) but Gunners is part of his back bone for next season. :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:20 pm

I think the spine of the team as stated is pretty decent, I agree with the magic missing aspect, we need those players who can win a game with a stroke of brilliance or create something out of nothing.

In my mind Harris has got to stay he's just starting a journey with Warnock that could provide him with the opportunity to become a very decent player.

If it were for me to sell I'll trade in the following and replace but I'd use that £6million on the special players needed:

Connolly is a decent CB cover for what we have but when he plays RB I have palpitations he's no good there so I'd consider selling if an offer came in and a replacement can be found that's better.

Morrison is a decent CB but if someone offered you Manga or Morrison who would you choose - it's a no brainier really, so if Manga goes I think we need to target someone who will compliment and learn from Bamba, which would mean Morrison becomes a bench player, and if that happens a potential sale could be on the cards.

Declan John needs to leave for the sake of his own career really, we don't need him in defence, and a winger he's not really shown anything/had an opportunity.

Whittingham for me needs to make way now, I thought Bennetts shot at goal was miles better than whitts effort and I think there is younger hungrier players out there.

Gounogbe/Lambert let's be honest they aren't making the cut and i reckon if we could flog them at a pittance we could still bring in a decent player to add to a potential forward line of Healy, Saadi and Zohore.

Other than that we are well stocked and a decent pair and if GKs, creative Mid and a forward would be the icing on the cake. If Bellers can bring in some class from the youth that'll add to our depth and the club can have a decent go at promotion

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:I think the spine of the team as stated is pretty decent, I agree with the magic missing aspect, we need those players who can win a game with a stroke of brilliance or create something out of nothing.

In my mind Harris has got to stay he's just starting a journey with Warnock that could provide him with the opportunity to become a very decent player.

If it were for me to sell I'll trade in the following and replace but I'd use that £6million on the special players needed:

Connolly is a decent CB cover for what we have but when he plays RB I have palpitations he's no good there so I'd consider selling if an offer came in and a replacement can be found that's better.

Morrison is a decent CB but if someone offered you Manga or Morrison who would you choose - it's a no brainier really, so if Manga goes I think we need to target someone who will compliment and learn from Bamba, which would mean Morrison becomes a bench player, and if that happens a potential sale could be on the cards.

Declan John needs to leave for the sake of his own career really, we don't need him in defence, and a winger he's not really shown anything/had an opportunity.

Whittingham for me needs to make way now, I thought Bennetts shot at goal was miles better than whitts effort and I think there is younger hungrier players out there.

Gounogbe/Lambert let's be honest they aren't making the cut and i reckon if we could flog them at a pittance we could still bring in a decent player to add to a potential forward line of Healy, Saadi and Zohore.

Other than that we are well stocked and a decent pair and if GKs, creative Mid and a forward would be the icing on the cake. If Bellers can bring in some class from the youth that'll add to our depth and the club can have a decent go at promotion

Pretty much summoned it up very well :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:I think the spine of the team as stated is pretty decent, I agree with the magic missing aspect, we need those players who can win a game with a stroke of brilliance or create something out of nothing.

Pretty much summoned it up very well :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Say what I see - it's my first season as a city regular so I've no connection to Whitts love etc but I know football and we aren't far from it just need to invest properly

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:38 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Say what I see - it's my first season as a city regular so I've no connection to Whitts love etc but I know football and we aren't far from it just need to invest properly

I agree, we can't feel for Whitts, he has made a fortune playing for us,but he has had his day and his best days are behind him.

Add 4 quality players and 4 or 5 good squad players and I believe Warnock will have a quality squad for next season.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Annis,

The reason I opted for Pilks is that he has been injured for a while under NW and needs a run of games both he and Noonie are on good wages and if we are to keep one it would be Pilks as he scores more.

Missed Halford on your list imo I don't think any of the loan players out are coming back.

As I already stated he has at least 2 if not 3 already lined up with handshakes that's why he wanted to know if the club were going to push next season!

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Gunnar, Morrison and Connolly wil be gone from that list, me thinks.. They are on the high end salary scale. And Warnock will have a handful to rebuild a challenging squad in one summer window, and trim it at the same time.. He also needs to add squad depth apart from adding quality.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Annis,

The reason I opted for Pilks is that he has been injured for a while under NW and needs a run of games both he and Noonie are on good wages and if we are to keep one it would be Pilks as he scores more.

Missed Halford on your list imo I don't think any of the loan players out are coming back.

As I already stated he has at least 2 if not 3 already lined up with handshakes that's why he wanted to know if the club were going to push next season!

Pilks has done really well when called up, my worry is he is on big wages and very injury prone.

Karl, I honestly might be wrong and he stays and I personally would keep him for another season,but money?

Gregg Halfords on the list :thumbright: :bluebird: