Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY SET TO SAVE £MILLIONS & £MILLIONS TO COME IN

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:51 am

' CARDIFF CITY SET TO SAVE £MILLIONS & £MILLIONS TO COME IN TO THE CLUB '

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... -the-club/ :bluebird: :bluebird:

' This will make available the £6million budget that apparently Neil Warnock has asked for '

' NEIL WARNOCK WILL BE ABLE SAVE MONEY ON '

With at least the following Cardiff players leaving this summer, over the whole of next Season Cardiff will save £millions.

Craig Noone was on his way in January,but due to injuries and no new signings Warnock had to keep him. It looks like Warnock will move Noone on this Summer, saving City over £20,000 a week approx.

Declan John failed to impress Neil Warnock so far,still has to impress,but at this moment John looks likely to be moved on saving City £5,000 a week.

Peter Whittinghams contract expires this 1st June and with now currently not being renewed will save City over £20,000 a week approx.

Anthony Pilkington 50/50 if Warnock will keep him, high wages and could be moved on,saving City approx £20,000 a week.

Goalie Ben Amos goes back to Bolton on June 1st,saving Cardiff City at least £16,000 a week.

Adam Le Fondre currently on loan at Bolton Wanderers, but costing Cardiff approx half of his £25,000 approx a week wages,but thankfully that all comes to an end June 1st.

Semi Ajayi is currently on loan at Rotherham, but is out of contract this Summer and they would like to keep him. Approx £5,000 a week saved.

Frédéric Gounongbe has one more year left,signed by the Cardiff City committee, Warnock has no current plans for the striker and will hope to move him on,costing City approx £7,000 a week.

Plus of course Cardiff City will receive £9 mill as our last parachute payment and the sales of Cardiff City season tickets where next season sales are expected to be the highest for years.

City have already cut the DVP squad by releasing 10 full-time players saving more money.

Plus Manchester City have signed recently from Cardiff City youngster Matondo for an initial fee of £500,000 down payment.

Hopefully with high profile manager Neil Warnock staying, City will increase sponsorships etc and merchandise sales go up with crowd attendances increasing.

Over all our playing staff wages have decreased by £millions and are now getting to a level where the club won't lose the money it has been in the past :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Everything above is approx, but virtually all this is expected to happen or has already happened :thumbright: :bluebird:

Its my opinion on the players :bluebird:

There is a new exciting buzz around South Wales for next season :bluebird: :bluebird:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CARDIFF CITY SET TO SAVE £MILLIONS & £MILLIONS TO COME I

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 am

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... -the-club/ :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:41 am

What a drain on resources Le Fondre has been, gotta go down as one of the most expensive wastes of wages ever....dreadful signing

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:42 am

How does anyone apart from the player, players agent and our CEO know what weekly wages they are on...all this is surely guesswork and not particularly accurate!!!

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 am

Gavin wrote:What a drain on resources Le Fondre has been, gotta go down as one of the most expensive wastes of wages ever....dreadful signing

A massive drain Gavin

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:45 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:How does anyone apart from the player, players agent and our CEO know what weekly wages they are on...all this is surely guesswork and not particularly accurate!!!

If you read it accurately you will see it's my opinion and approx.

I speak to people in the club, media and a few players.

Plus stuff does appear now and again in the media

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:51 am

Gavin wrote:What a drain on resources Le Fondre has been, gotta go down as one of the most expensive wastes of wages ever....dreadful signing

Le Fondre is everything people hate about the modern footballer....obviously didn't really want to sign for us just did it for the money.

Was quite happy to do very little on the pitch to earn his huge salary...several unsuccessful loan periods with other clubs...and guess what..surprise, surprise with his contract nearly finished and he has got to find some other mug team to sign him up he has now started to score a few goals and put some effort in.

Pathetic excuse for a professional footballer...luckily not all modern day players are like him

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:How does anyone apart from the player, players agent and our CEO know what weekly wages they are on...all this is surely guesswork and not particularly accurate!!!

Far enough Annis, here's a question for you then..if Whitts is on say £20k a week, to replace him with a good quality replacement we are going to have to pay similar wages..do you think we are in that sort of market anymore?? If not how much do you think we would be able to pay??

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:09 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Far enough Annis, here's a question for you then..if Whitts is on say £20k a week, to replace him with a good quality replacement we are going to have to pay similar wages..do you think we are in that sort of market anymore?? If not how much do you think we would be able to pay??

Cheers :thumbright:

As to Whitts it came out in the media that when we got promoted to the Prem, Whitts had a massive pay rise and it could be as high as £25,000 a week.

No we can't afford more than a few players on £20,000 plus a week anymore.
As to Whitts they I believe we're offering him less than half his current wages which he did not accept at the time.
Whitts is not the player he once was.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:11 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Le Fondre is everything people hate about the modern footballer....obviously didn't really want to sign for us just did it for the money.

Was quite happy to do very little on the pitch to earn his huge salary...several unsuccessful loan periods with other clubs...and guess what..surprise, surprise with his contract nearly finished and he has got to find some other mug team to sign him up he has now started to score a few goals and put some effort in.

Pathetic excuse for a professional footballer...luckily not all modern day players are like him

I agree 100%

Players like Le Fondre give the game a bad name.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

As to Whitts it came out in the media that when we got promoted to the Prem, Whitts had a massive pay rise and it could be as high as £25,000 a week.

As to Whitts they I believe we're offering him less than half his current wages which he did not accept at the time.

In my opinion we should not be offering Whitts any sort of new contract....it's pretty clear to most people the team plays better without him these days.

He's been a great servant over the years, but it's now time for him to leave with our thanks

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:18 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

In my opinion we should not be offering Whitts any sort of new contract....it's pretty clear to most people the team plays better without him these days.

He's been a great servant over the years, but it's now time for him to leave with our thanks

I agree and at the moment Warnock has withdrawn it.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:24 am

If he lets Whitts go then that maybe his first big mistake...

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:51 am

Every season le Fondre comes up

It feels like he's been here all his life

In my eyes a waiste of talent

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:05 am

langley wrote:If he lets Whitts go then that maybe his first big mistake...

I disagree, Whitts still has something to offer...but he just doesn't suit Warnocks pressing, high tempo game plan.

Been a great servant and scored some brilliant goals over the years but time to move on.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:06 am

RageJon wrote:Every season le Fondre comes up

It feels like he's been here all his life

In my eyes a waiste of talent

Waste of space more like!!!

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:21 am

What a waste of money .....just like testimonial games .

The cheek of it the weekly wage most footballers are on is equivalent to the annual wage of the average person in s Wales.
Oh it's a short career they say ,bollocks they earn a fortune don't see any footballers in soup kitchens do you . Unless they gamble it away . Self inflicted..
Wish our players all the best but Kevin mcnaughton has been payed handsomely for his services . Rant over .

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I think you must be close with those wage assessments., wIth the wage bill clearly highlighted in the recent accounts. If anything your figures are conservative at best. What people fail to realise is that on top of the players wages, Tax, N.I, housing costs, sponsored cars, travel, medical insurance and lots of other hidden financial commitments are not part of a players basic wage.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:38 am

lord raglan wrote:What a waste of money .....just like testimonial games .

The cheek of it the weekly wage most footballers are on is equivalent to the annual wage of the average person in s Wales.
Oh it's a short career they say ,bollocks they earn a fortune don't see any footballers in soup kitchens do you . Unless they gamble it away . Self inflicted..
Wish our players all the best but Kevin mcnaughton has been payed handsomely for his services . Rant over .

Players earn enough in ten years to last them four life times, way over paid nowadays.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:41 am

Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think you must be close with those wage assessments., wIth the wage bill clearly highlighted in the recent accounts. If anything your figures are conservative at best. What people fail to realise is that on top of the players wages, Tax, N.I, housing costs, sponsored cars, travel, medical insurance and lots of other hidden financial commitments are not part of a players basic wage.

Cheers Joff, Correct all the add ons Tax,N.I, etc etc means a lot more goes out than we realise, the bigger their wage,the bigger their add ons, thats what the Riddler got us in trouble through.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:57 am

I have come to terms with Whitts most likely leaving. Sad as I think he can still offer a great deal with some more 'legs' around him in midfield. However, not too disappointed given his high wages.

No problem with moving Noone on due to his high wages and inconsistency (although under Warnock I think he would be a little more consistent but perhaps not enough to justify his wages). Pilkington - really happy to see him shipped on, just can't justify his wages, along with Amos, Le Fondre etc.

The ONLY one I am disappointed in is moving Semi Ajayi on... I think he could be a great player for us and is in the Manga and Bamba mode. I would be happy to keep Semi as back up and move high wages Manga on.

But overall I am pleased that the club seem committed to a very lean way of operating cost-wise. What it means is that every single signing and player must be pulling their weight. No room for deadwood or half-heartiness these days which mean the players at the club and players coming in must be absolutely committed to delivering and not just here for a pay day which has happened so much in the recent past.

:bluescarf:

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:00 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Hang on a minute l can't see the logic behind your comments here'obviously the boy was never worth the ridiculous wage he was given by us but what do you think he should have done during his contract negotiations(of which he would have probably had no imput anyway) his last big contract signing for a mug manager at a then mug football club who threw money at players without doing any research on them.lets turn this on its head know the boy who's gone to Ipswich,Huwes he's taken a pay cut to get a game plenty of ability and obviously a brilliant attitude but l bet he never plays another game for us under Warnock,no don't slag off players it's managers and agents and idiot owners/ chairmen who have created these situations

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers Joff, Correct all the add ons Tax,N.I, etc etc means a lot more goes out than we realise, the bigger their wage,the bigger their add ons, thats what the Riddler got us in trouble through.

Most contracts are pre paid tax these days I understand...?

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:41 am

"Le Fondre is everything people hate about the modern footballer....obviously didn't really want to sign for us just did it for the money."

Agree with this and he also struck me as gutless.The type to score goals in a top team but not one to rely on in a mediocre side as he seems do depend on other people to bring him into the game.

Whitts is done and dusted I think.A player that could have graced the Premier league for years but for one thing.He tends to go missing.This single fact has been leveled at him since he signed for us and for that reason Warnock will let him go in the summer.I have no doubt he'll get a 2yr deal somewhere and probably for better money than we are offering.Its not easy coming into a club and sacking a legend but thats what proper managers do and now that we've got one I hope the majority will back him.Just my own thoughts but I wouldn't bet against Forest taking him on a 2yr deal,the owners were always keen on him.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:59 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:I have come to terms with Whitts most likely leaving. Sad as I think he can still offer a great deal with some more 'legs' around him in midfield. However, not too disappointed given his high wages.

No problem with moving Noone on due to his high wages and inconsistency (although under Warnock I think he would be a little more consistent but perhaps not enough to justify his wages). Pilkington - really happy to see him shipped on, just can't justify his wages, along with Amos, Le Fondre etc.

The ONLY one I am disappointed in is moving Semi Ajayi on... I think he could be a great player for us and is in the Manga and Bamba mode. I would be happy to keep Semi as back up and move high wages Manga on.

But overall I am pleased that the club seem committed to a very lean way of operating cost-wise. What it means is that every single signing and player must be pulling their weight. No room for deadwood or half-heartiness these days which mean the players at the club and players coming in must be absolutely committed to delivering and not just here for a pay day which has happened so much in the recent past.

:bluescarf:

I agree with nearly all of that especially Semi Ajayi who will make Rotherham a tidy profit in the not too distance future.

That said I disagree about Whitts. Been a great servant and one of my all time favourite players but if a player needs some 'more' legs around him (the inference being he can't keep up due to age) then the argument over his contribution is lost and we would be starting games at a disadvantage which tactically aware managers would exploit.

Sentiment gets you nowhere in the Championship and as much as I would like to see Whitts stay even cutting his wages in half to do so is becoming hard to justify.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:05 am

I think for the first time in years we have a Manager who is top drawer and ruthless, but in a good way for the club. He knows what he wants and he isn't afraid to get it. There's no Prima Donnas with Warnock and no pathetic sentimentality.

Whittingham is a no brainier, he's offered little for a long time now and in my opinion, Malky shouldn't have retained him in the Premiership year. He might have been Premier quality once but he wasn't then. Many games just pass him by and Warnock will not stand for that. The argument that Whittingham would be useful if others around him provided the "legs" is misconstrued. We don't need players to rely upon others to get them performing, that's inefficient; they need to rely upon themselves.

We need big savings in wages and leaner, hungrier players and I have faith Warnock will achieve this. An exuberant, fit, dynamic, no nonsense Cardiff City squad will be a difficult opponent for anyone in the Championship next season. "The King Is Dead, Long Live The King".

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:05 am

since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Hang on a minute l can't see the logic behind your comments here'obviously the boy was never worth the ridiculous wage he was given by us but what do you think he should have done during his contract negotiations(of which he would have probably had no imput anyway) his last big contract signing for a mug manager at a then mug football club who threw money at players without doing any research on them.lets turn this on its head know the boy who's gone to Ipswich,Huwes he's taken a pay cut to get a game plenty of ability and obviously a brilliant attitude but l bet he never plays another game for us under Warnock,no don't slag off players it's managers and agents and idiot owners/ chairmen who have created these situations

I'm not criticising Le Fondre for signing a lucrative contract given to him by clueless Manager and CEO....what I am criticising him for is his complete lack of effort to justify earning the huge amount of money he has been paid

He has basically sat on the bench with us and 3 other clubs for the last 3 years doing nothing to justify his wages.

Is it just a coincidence that with his lucrative contract about to expire he has suddenly regained his scoring touch and is now putting a shift in ????

It's obscene that a player of his ability has started less than 30 games in the last 3 years...it's called "taking the piss"

Just watch him sign a new 2 year contract with another mug team and him suddenly "lose" his touch in front of goal

Rant over!!!

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 am

City Slicker wrote:I think for the first time in years we have a Manager who is top drawer and ruthless, but in a good way for the club. He knows what he wants and he isn't afraid to get it. There's no Prima Donnas with Warnock and no pathetic sentimentality.

Whittingham is a no brainier, he's offered little for a long time now and in my opinion, Malky shouldn't have retained him in the Premiership year. He might have been Premier quality once but he wasn't then. Many games just pass him by and Warnock will not stand for that. The argument that Whittingham would be useful if others around him provided the "legs" is misconstrued. We don't need players to rely upon others to get them performing, that's inefficient; they need to rely upon themselves.

We need big savings in wages and leaner, hungrier players and I have faith Warnock will achieve this. An exuberant, fit, dynamic, no nonsense Cardiff City squad will be a difficult opponent for anyone in the Championship next season. "The King Is Dead, Long Live The King".

Excellent post Mr Slicker...Its not just Warnock who won't stand for Prima Donnas...Blackwell, Fenton or Bellamy don't take any nonsense either.

We may not go up next year because other teams might have better players...however it won't be because of a lack of effort and togetherness from the squad and staff

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:28 am

Just those salaries alone equate to 6,136,000 annually and I can still see quite a few more million being saved with other players on their way out.

Of course players coming in will create salary outgoing but I expect at a far reduced amount by the club.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:47 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

I'm not criticising Le Fondre for signing a lucrative contract given to him by clueless Manager and CEO....what I am criticising him for is his complete lack of effort to justify earning the huge amount of money he has been paid

He has basically sat on the bench with us and 3 other clubs for the last 3 years doing nothing to justify his wages.

Is it just a coincidence that with his lucrative contract about to expire he has suddenly regained his scoring touch and is now putting a shift in ????

It's obscene that a player of his ability has started less than 30 games in the last 3 years...it's called "taking the piss"

Just watch him sign a new 2 year contract with another mug team and him suddenly "lose" his touch in front of goal

Rant over!!!
He must have thought all his Christmases had come at once when he signed that contract