Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF CITY SET TO SAVE £MILLIONS & £MILLIONS TO COME I

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:"Le Fondre is everything people hate about the modern footballer....obviously didn't really want to sign for us just did it for the money."

Agree with this and he also struck me as gutless.The type to score goals in a top team but not one to rely on in a mediocre side as he seems do depend on other people to bring him into the game.

Whitts is done and dusted I think.A player that could have graced the Premier league for years but for one thing.He tends to go missing.This single fact has been leveled at him since he signed for us and for that reason Warnock will let him go in the summer.I have no doubt he'll get a 2yr deal somewhere and probably for better money than we are offering.Its not easy coming into a club and sacking a legend but thats what proper managers do and now that we've got one I hope the majority will back him.Just my own thoughts but I wouldn't bet against Forest taking him on a 2yr deal,the owners were always keen on him.

agree with the Whitts bit. but where all this ..everything that people hate .and waste of talent stuff comes from re le fondre...not sure.
top teams? ...that must relate to Reading? he was in and out of both the Reading team that went up and the one that came down ,17 starts and 11 starts coming of the bench 38 times .his longest run in the top 2 tiers actually came here at Cardiff 17 starts under Slade.
WE paid well over the odds and gave him a contract to match for a fringe player is the truth.his fault?
i thought he was terrible but did try and since being disguarded here has gone out on loan time and time again.
i doubt anyone on here making these insane remarks would just tear up a contract for one worth only a quarter.
at least this guy went elsewhere to play games and in doing so re paid some of his wages back..others have not.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:20 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Gavin wrote:What a drain on resources Le Fondre has been, gotta go down as one of the most expensive wastes of wages ever....dreadful signing

Le Fondre is everything people hate about the modern footballer....obviously didn't really want to sign for us just did it for the money.

Was quite happy to do very little on the pitch to earn his huge salary...several unsuccessful loan periods with other clubs...and guess what..surprise, surprise with his contract nearly finished and he has got to find some other mug team to sign him up he has now started to score a few goals and put some effort in.

Pathetic excuse for a professional footballer...luckily not all modern day players are like him
Spot on.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:28 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Gavin wrote:What a drain on resources Le Fondre has been, gotta go down as one of the most expensive wastes of wages ever....dreadful signing

Le Fondre is everything people hate about the modern footballer....obviously didn't really want to sign for us just did it for the money.

Was quite happy to do very little on the pitch to earn his huge salary...several unsuccessful loan periods with other clubs...and guess what..surprise, surprise with his contract nearly finished and he has got to find some other mug team to sign him up he has now started to score a few goals and put some effort in.

Pathetic excuse for a professional footballer...luckily not all modern day players are like him
Hang on a minute l can't see the logic behind your comments here'obviously the boy was never worth the ridiculous wage he was given by us but what do you think he should have done during his contract negotiations(of which he would have probably had no imput anyway) his last big contract signing for a mug manager at a then mug football club who threw money at players without doing any research on them.lets turn this on its head know the boy who's gone to Ipswich,Huwes he's taken a pay cut to get a game plenty of ability and obviously a brilliant attitude but l bet he never plays another game for us under Warnock,no don't slag off players it's managers and agents and idiot owners/ chairmen who have created these situations

I'm not criticising Le Fondre for signing a lucrative contract given to him by clueless Manager and CEO....what I am criticising him for is his complete lack of effort to justify earning the huge amount of money he has been paid

He has basically sat on the bench with us and 3 other clubs for the last 3 years doing nothing to justify his wages.

Is it just a coincidence that with his lucrative contract about to expire he has suddenly regained his scoring touch and is now putting a shift in ????

It's obscene that a player of his ability has started less than 30 games in the last 3 years...it's called "taking the piss"

Just watch him sign a new 2 year contract with another mug team and him suddenly "lose" his touch in front of goal

Rant over!!!

player of his ability...i think this is where people go wrong,including OGS
he came from Reading where half his 104 apps were as sub. prior to that he played for Rotherham and Rochdale.
people talk about him as if he was an experienced prem player the truth is he has made less Premiership starts than Declan John. 11 compared to Declans 13.
our club/manager are 100% responsible here.not the player.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:50 pm

dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Hang on a minute l can't see the logic behind your comments here'obviously the boy was never worth the ridiculous wage he was given by us but what do you think he should have done during his contract negotiations(of which he would have probably had no imput anyway) his last big contract signing for a mug manager at a then mug football club who threw money at players without doing any research on them.lets turn this on its head know the boy who's gone to Ipswich,Huwes he's taken a pay cut to get a game plenty of ability and obviously a brilliant attitude but l bet he never plays another game for us under Warnock,no don't slag off players it's managers and agents and idiot owners/ chairmen who have created these situations

I'm not criticising Le Fondre for signing a lucrative contract given to him by clueless Manager and CEO....what I am criticising him for is his complete lack of effort to justify earning the huge amount of money he has been paid

He has basically sat on the bench with us and 3 other clubs for the last 3 years doing nothing to justify his wages.

Is it just a coincidence that with his lucrative contract about to expire he has suddenly regained his scoring touch and is now putting a shift in ????

It's obscene that a player of his ability has started less than 30 games in the last 3 years...it's called "taking the piss"

Just watch him sign a new 2 year contract with another mug team and him suddenly "lose" his touch in front of goal

Rant over!!!

he came from Reading where half his 104 apps were as sub. prior to that he played for Rotherham and Rochdale.
people talk about him as if he was an experienced prem player the truth is he has made less Premiership starts than Declan John. 11 compared to Declans 13.

I agree to a certain extent and although he is no world beater, he has got ability and is a proven goal scorer albeit many of his goals have come as a substitute playing against tiring defenders....

However, after 3 years of sitting on his arse doing practically nothing for 4 different teams, don't you think it's a bit of a coincidence that with his lucrative contract about to end he has suddenly found his goal touch again and by all accounts is now putting a shift in??? That's what annoys me and many other fans...he is taking the piss out of us!!

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:I have come to terms with Whitts most likely leaving. Sad as I think he can still offer a great deal with some more 'legs' around him in midfield. However, not too disappointed given his high wages.

No problem with moving Noone on due to his high wages and inconsistency (although under Warnock I think he would be a little more consistent but perhaps not enough to justify his wages). Pilkington - really happy to see him shipped on, just can't justify his wages, along with Amos, Le Fondre etc.

The ONLY one I am disappointed in is moving Semi Ajayi on... I think he could be a great player for us and is in the Manga and Bamba mode. I would be happy to keep Semi as back up and move high wages Manga on.

But overall I am pleased that the club seem committed to a very lean way of operating cost-wise. What it means is that every single signing and player must be pulling their weight. No room for deadwood or half-heartiness these days which mean the players at the club and players coming in must be absolutely committed to delivering and not just here for a pay day which has happened so much in the recent past.

:bluescarf:

I agree with nearly all of that especially Semi Ajayi who will make Rotherham a tidy profit in the not too distance future.

That said I disagree about Whitts. Been a great servant and one of my all time favourite players but if a player needs some 'more' legs around him (the inference being he can't keep up due to age) then the argument over his contribution is lost and we would be starting games at a disadvantage which tactically aware managers would exploit.

Sentiment gets you nowhere in the Championship and as much as I would like to see Whitts stay even cutting his wages in half to do so is becoming hard to justify.

Fair enough I can't really argue with that.

Some players thrive with runners around them but yeah, there are probably better options for us these days.

Pity we can't just bring him on for free kicks and corners. :ayatollah:

Sorry to Whitts go but you're right, no room for sentiment.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:07 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Rant over!!!

I agree to a certain extent and although he is no world beater, he has got ability and is a proven goal scorer albeit many of his goals have come as a substitute playing against tiring defenders....

However, after 3 years of sitting on his arse doing practically nothing for 4 different teams, don't you think it's a bit of a coincidence that with his lucrative contract about to end he has suddenly found his goal touch again and by all accounts is now putting a shift in??? That's what annoys me and many other fans...he is taking the piss out of us!!

he isnt /wasnt half the talent many seem to think mate. a player under many managers who will get goals in patches but doesnt do enough to be a regular starter. he didnt have to go out on loan all those times.
and i think too many dots are being linked because he {a striker } has done what he has done throughout his career {hit a bit of a purple patch }.Bolton are in good form , scored 18 in the last 4.youd expect a striker to get 4 of those { even fred~} btw i watched all his games for us..he was piss poor but i never once thought him lacking effort.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:09 pm

dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Rant over!!!

The player was "homesick". He is a professional footballer... that's why fans are venting their anger at him... If he was homesick, why not cancel his contract and move back to the North West ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... o-12080892

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 pm

A lot always said about Le Fondre and while I wasn't much of a fan and he may not wanted to have come here I always thought he put in a good shift everytime he played for us.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Rant over!!!

The player was "homesick". He is a professional footballer... that's why fans are venting their anger at him... If he was homesick, why not cancel his contract and move back to the North West ?

so whats he supose to say?..OGS came along offered me this huge contract which made me think all my christmas,s have come together but i knew i was crap and it wouldnt work because the last 3 managers at Reading didnt pick me.
of course he came up with an excuse ,its called human nature .
ive backed OGS over quite a lot of what happened here. but this was a terrible signing.
like most reading this i was shocked when i discovered Decs had more prem starts than ALF.
would anyone blame Decs for signing a 25k a week contract elsewhere?
or then coming up with an excuse when he doesnt live up to that contract.
i bet you would cancel your 25k a week contracr to. rubbish

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:36 pm

What makes me laugh is that Tan blames Malky for wasting his money but says nothing about this one.

Of course it is nothing to do with the fact that OGS was a Dalman choice who is Tans bum chum.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:What makes me laugh is that Tan blames Malky for wasting his money but says nothing about this one.

Of course it is nothing to do with the fact that OGS was a Dalman choice who is Tans bum chum.

Its nothing compared to the Cornelius transfer though :lol:

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Most of the decent "family clubs" do have room for sentiment so I disagree with some of the previous comments. I'd love to see Whitts stay on the playing staff albeit on a reduced contract and take on a coaching and skills role alongside Bellamy as well.

:bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:What makes me laugh is that Tan blames Malky for wasting his money but says nothing about this one.

I will tell you what Luke,you keep bringing up one player and yet Malky brought revenue of over £150mill in to our club.

Yet Tan/Dalman/their committee and managers have contiinually lost us £millions upon £millions on transfers,yet brought nothing in with NO success,Sadly a true fact.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I will tell you what Luke,you keep bringing up one player and yet Malky brought revenue of over £150mill in to our club.

Yet Tan/Dalman/their committee and managers have contiinually lost us £millions upon £millions on transfers,yet brought nothing in with NO success,Sadly a true fact.

Yup the Cornelius transfer is always brought up...yes we paid over the odds...yes he was on huge wages...but it was simply a gamble on a youngster that didn't pay off....every club in the Premier League has at least one of these stories!!!!

But he was ONE error made by Malky amongst many other very very good signings....compare that with about 10 abysmal signings made by the useless OGS and it puts it into some sort of perspective

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:50 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Yup the Cornelius transfer is always brought up...yes we paid over the odds...yes he was on huge wages...but it was simply a gamble on a youngster that didn't pay off....every club in the Premier League has at least one of these stories!!!!

But he was ONE error made by Malky amongst many other very very good signings....compare that with about 10 abysmal signings made by the useless OGS and it puts it into some sort of perspective

Correct, Cornelius was at that time Denmark's future dream footballer and even the Danish I met all raved big time about him. Even Alex Ferguson made some big mistakes.

Yet the usual suspects always try to have a dig at Malky,yet he is our most successful manager at Cardiff City in over 50 years and brought more money in to our club than any other.

But the usual suspects like Luke won't admit Tan and the committee have continually cost us £millions upon £millions year after year after year and also did the rebrand.

And we have had 8 managers and 6 CEO's in Tans 7 year reign.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:48 pm

Hopski wrote:Most of the decent "family clubs" do have room for sentiment so I disagree with some of the previous comments. I'd love to see Whitts stay on the playing staff albeit on a reduced contract and take on a coaching and skills role alongside Bellamy as well.

:bluebird: :bluebird:

I can't for the life of me imagine any of those "family friendly" clubs being successful Hopski if what you say is right! It's like any business there's no room for sentiment, it's natural selection and I think most footballers appreciate that, it's one reason why their wages are obscenely inflated.

I take your point about a coaching role. Whittingham is a good footballer and has good technical skills. It would be great if he could help develop youngsters in the same fashion. However, I don't think he should ever be allowed to play; we have to make progress.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:24 pm

dogfound wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Rant over!!!

so whats he supose to say?..OGS came along offered me this huge contract which made me think all my christmas,s have come together but i knew i was crap and it wouldnt work because the last 3 managers at Reading didnt pick me.
ive backed OGS over quite a lot of what happened here. but this was a terrible signing.
like most reading this i was shocked when i discovered Decs had more prem starts than ALF.

Your missing the point again, the player took us for a ride and really hurt the club financially.

If I relocated to London for employment, and became homesick, my own pride and integrity would tell me to either stick it out and give 100% , or consider handing my notice in and move back home.

Lefondre was also disliked at Wolves for the same reasons as he was here. When you reply try and look at the facts as opposed to your own viewpoint.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Rant over!!!

A little too much sense there, fella! :thumbup:

The balance of being "desperately homesick" was heavily outweighed by his desire to continue to take the coin from his employer and that (more than his failure to come up with the goods on the pitch) was what has cheesed the fans of more than anything! ;)

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:15 pm

In relation to Le Fondre and the negative remarks on here the funny thing is we gave McCormack, Gestade away for peanuts got stung BIG time for Velikonja and Cornelius, threw a stack of money at Ameobi , got rid of a prolific La Liga striker in Javi Guerra and just to rub salt in the wounds virtually gave burgstaller away!

So all the above pales the Le Fondre argument into insignificance :thumbup:

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:21 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:In relation to Le Fondre and the negative remarks on here the funny thing is we gave McCormack, Gestade away for peanuts got stung BIG time for Velikonja and Cornelius, threw a stack of money at Ameobi , got rid of a prolific La Liga striker in Javi Guerra and just to rub salt in the wounds virtually gave burgstaller away!

I don't recall any of those going too public with their bleating though, whilst Adam Le Fondre did and was pretty scathing in some of his comments! ;)

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Sven wrote:
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:In relation to Le Fondre and the negative remarks on here the funny thing is we gave McCormack, Gestade away for peanuts got stung BIG time for Velikonja and Cornelius, threw a stack of money at Ameobi , got rid of a prolific La Liga striker in Javi Guerra and just to rub salt in the wounds virtually gave burgstaller away!

I don't recall any of those going too public with their bleating though, whilst Adam Le Fondre did and was pretty scathing in some of his comments! ;)

Sorry thought the thread was about Money!?

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:40 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:How does anyone apart from the player, players agent and our CEO know what weekly wages they are on...all this is surely guesswork and not particularly accurate!!!

If you read it accurately you will see it's my opinion and approx.

I speak to people in the club, media and a few players.

Plus stuff does appear now and again in the media

I think you must be close with those wage assessments., wIth the wage bill clearly highlighted in the recent accounts. If anything your figures are conservative at best. What people fail to realise is that on top of the players wages, Tax, N.I, housing costs, sponsored cars, travel, medical insurance and lots of other hidden financial commitments are not part of a players basic wage.

Cheers Joff, Correct all the add ons Tax,N.I, etc etc means a lot more goes out than we realise, the bigger their wage,the bigger their add ons, thats what the Riddler got us in trouble through.

Most contracts are pre paid tax these days I understand...?

Sorry. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Sven wrote:

Yup that's why Le Fondre is different...it was obvious that he never wanted to come here in the first place..just signed for the cash..went public with some crap about being homesick..has had 3 unsuccessful loan spells with other clubs and all of a sudden when his huge contract with us is about to expire has remarkably started to score goals again for the 1st time in 3 years..the guys attitude stinks, he has taken the club and more importantly the fans for mugs that's why people are annoyed with him!!!

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Rant over!!!

Your missing the point again, the player took us for a ride and really hurt the club financially.

If I relocated to London for employment, and became homesick, my own pride and integrity would tell me to either stick it out and give 100% , or consider handing my notice in and move back home.

Lefondre was also disliked at Wolves for the same reasons as he was here. When you reply try and look at the facts as opposed to your own viewpoint.

really?
facts are we signed a player that wasnt nearly as good or had nearly as good a record as its clear in these threads many thought {sven take a bow }.is it in their year book?
nobody tears up contracts.youd be stupid to, and nobody that isnt stupid would expect that either.
i loved the facts bit about Wolves lmao.
and anyone that thought le fondre didnt try while with us just didnt see the games. crap yes. but he did try.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:07 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:How does anyone apart from the player, players agent and our CEO know what weekly wages they are on...all this is surely guesswork and not particularly accurate!!!

If you read it accurately you will see it's my opinion and approx.

I speak to people in the club, media and a few players.

Plus stuff does appear now and again in the media

I think you must be close with those wage assessments., wIth the wage bill clearly highlighted in the recent accounts. If anything your figures are conservative at best. What people fail to realise is that on top of the players wages, Tax, N.I, housing costs, sponsored cars, travel, medical insurance and lots of other hidden financial commitments are not part of a players basic wage.

Cheers Joff, Correct all the add ons Tax,N.I, etc etc means a lot more goes out than we realise, the bigger their wage,the bigger their add ons, thats what the Riddler got us in trouble through.

Most contracts are pre paid tax these days I understand...?

Sorry. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Think my comment to the headline thread " CARDIFF CITY SET TO SAVE £MILLIONS & £MILLIONS TO COME IN " is pretty much explanatory, but to summarize I was making a point relating to the thread where the majority of monies has been wasted in relation to Goal scorers over the past few seasons and Le Fondre was just a tiny tiny part of past problems.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:19 pm

dogfound wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Rant over!!!

really?
facts are we signed a player that wasnt nearly as good or had nearly as good a record as its clear in these threads many thought {sven take a bow }.is it in their year book?
nobody tears up contracts.youd be stupid to, and nobody that isnt stupid would expect that either.
and anyone that thought le fondre didnt try while with us just didnt see the games. crap yes. but he did try.

The Wolves fact is based on what I have been told by Wolves supporters.

I am not saying he didn't try.. perhaps he did, but he always looked unfit to me and his thought process was behind better players in the team.

He was homesick, yet he moved to Reading, which is down South and then on to us. Appears odd to me that a professional footballer becomes home sick in one of the best Cities in the UK.

On his money he could fly home every Monday after training. The guy milked Cardiff City and the supporters.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
since64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Rant over!!!

really?

The Wolves fact is based on what I have been told by Wolves supporters.

I am not saying he didn't try.. perhaps he did, but he always looked unfit to me and his thought process was behind better players in the team.

He was homesick, yet he moved to Reading, which is down South and then on to us. Appears odd to me that a professional footballer becomes home sick in one of the best Cities in the UK.

On his money he could fly home every Monday after training. The guy milked Cardiff City and the supporters.

The club handed out one of the biggest contracts in it's history, did not get cold feet when the player living arrangements were discussed (if it all)

ALF Average talent not even bothered to move himself and fam to the City, thank god this kind of recklessness by the club is over with Warnock in charge :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Ben Amos £16,000 a week!!?????? Daylight robbery at its best!

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Mike Strinati wrote:Ben Amos £16,000 a week!!?????? Daylight robbery at its best!

That's what Bolton fans think as well and they get him back for another two years.
Rated as one of the worst Championship goalies, yet we' ended up with him for a whole season, what idiots would sign him?

Bolton's fans could not believe their luck.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Correct, Cornelius was at that time Denmark's future dream footballer and even the Danish I met all raved big time about him. Even Alex Ferguson made some big mistakes.

Yet the usual suspects always try to have a dig at Malky,yet he is our most successful manager at Cardiff City in over 50 years and brought more money in to our club than any other.

But the usual suspects like Luke won't admit Tan and the committee have continually cost us £millions upon £millions year after year after year and also did the rebrand.

And we have had 8 managers and 6 CEO's in Tans 7 year reign.

If Malky was our most successful manager then that makes Tan out most successful owner?

Tan has quite clearly made many many mistake including trusting Malky and Ole who both cost us a lot of money. I'm also glad Tan isn't as stubborn as some of our fans otherwise we would still be in red.

Thankfully Tan has converted a lot of debt and seems to be looking to reduce the debt to make us self sufficient and that will hopefully stop a repeat of Langston putting the club through all for years and years.

I don't know when the transfer committee started Annis? but they seem to get the blame for the bad signings but no praise for the good ones. Going forward though I think they trust Warnock and it can be a good system.

As for Cornelius, I accept a lot of teams buy poorly and he was supposed to be a great young talent but he wasn't what we needed just getting promoted. Chelsea, Arsenal, Manu spend big on youngster who dont always turn out yes not teams just promoted. Hull spent what we did on Cornelius on improving the whole squad. However the most annoying thing was Malky on goals on Sunday after getting the sack commenting on our team who basically couldn't hit a barn door smirking how he stood by that signing. It was a kick in the teeth to very city fan having to watch us.