Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF CITY SET TO SAVE £MILLIONS & £MILLIONS TO COME I

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:12 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:I have come to terms with Whitts most likely leaving. Sad as I think he can still offer a great deal with some more 'legs' around him in midfield. However, not too disappointed given his high wages.

No problem with moving Noone on due to his high wages and inconsistency (although under Warnock I think he would be a little more consistent but perhaps not enough to justify his wages). Pilkington - really happy to see him shipped on, just can't justify his wages, along with Amos, Le Fondre etc.

The ONLY one I am disappointed in is moving Semi Ajayi on... I think he could be a great player for us and is in the Manga and Bamba mode. I would be happy to keep Semi as back up and move high wages Manga on.

But overall I am pleased that the club seem committed to a very lean way of operating cost-wise. What it means is that every single signing and player must be pulling their weight. No room for deadwood or half-heartiness these days which mean the players at the club and players coming in must be absolutely committed to delivering and not just here for a pay day which has happened so much in the recent past.

:bluescarf:

I agree with nearly all of that especially Semi Ajayi who will make Rotherham a tidy profit in the not too distance future.

That said I disagree about Whitts. Been a great servant and one of my all time favourite players but if a player needs some 'more' legs around him (the inference being he can't keep up due to age) then the argument over his contribution is lost and we would be starting games at a disadvantage which tactically aware managers would exploit.

Sentiment gets you nowhere in the Championship and as much as I would like to see Whitts stay even cutting his wages in half to do so is becoming hard to justify.

Fair enough I can't really argue with that.

Some players thrive with runners around them but yeah, there are probably better options for us these days.

Pity we can't just bring him on for free kicks and corners. :ayatollah:

Sorry to Whitts go but you're right, no room for sentiment.

Lol it would be great if we could use him like that. Whilst his free-kicks are not quite what they were PW is the best penalty taker I have ever seen. We have had a couple recently when he wasn't on the field and I was convinced we wouldn't score but somehow Ralls got both of them (just :D )