Renaming the stadium

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Renaming the stadium

Postby Charlie Harper » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:08 am

I heard a rumour last night about Vincent Tan looking to rename the stadium as to bring in funds to back Neil Warnock.

Im not saying this is true at all just asking do you think its a possibility as it makes a lot of sense ?
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Renaming the stadium

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Renaming the stadium

Postby KWest » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:11 am

Hardly has the most glamourous of names anyway, does it? Sell the rights, use the money for players.
KWest

Postby Reza » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:22 am

i hope we do its stupid that we have not done this before now,most stadiums now have a sponsor
Always be blue
Reza

Postby wez1927 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:50 am

Cosway stadium
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:07 pm

I can understand renaming it to bring in some funds but we could always rename it without direct funds but give it some identity such as The Nest? (Bluebirds nest). I think it would fit well and especially the feeling that you get when sat in the upper (red seats) you get the birds eye view of the stadium and Cardiff. The tickets could be marketed around this name. They could even do stadium tours at the Nest perhaps if are able to get the premier league and perhaps maintain that status. £15 for a tour with a previous Cardiff legend (perhaps they could run these once a month) and each person gets a souvenir and finish with a visit to the club shop to spend more money bringing in revenue to the club. The tour ticket could even include 15% a match ticket and 15% voucher for the shop. They could even market the group of fans who sit in the upper seats such as belonging to a special club - Bluebirds (somethings Or other) of course this is if we can attract bigger crowds which would come with a little more success. If we are in the top 6 these seats will start to fill up! The tour can even include a little bit of our history and demonstrate that we are currently the home of many Wales matches and this has been a fortress.
The shape of the stadium bowl shaped kind of reminds me of a nest.
I believe although in the short term the funds would be handy, in the long term renaming it with something appropriate such as the nest would bring more revenue in and - many people would remember that's where we play! (From all over) now I'm not saying it has to be called the nest (that's my own thoughts) and perhaps some of you have other ideas of an appropriate name for our stadium but just an example. Our merchandise can also then include more bluebird related things.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:14 pm

I think naming rights are normally abit of a sell out but it's not like the stadium has the most glamorous or historical names in place currently.

I'd like to see 5 year deals sold on the naming rights, highest bidder takes all.

I also thought the stadium was still council owned? If that's the case wouldn't it be the council collecting the revenue? Might be wrong on that
Blue_Barber

Postby trentuniblue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:16 pm

I think I would be okay with selling off naming rights to the stadium, as long as some form of filter is put in to protect it from some ridiculous name. Whether this means needing fans approval first or whatever I don't know, I just don't want to end up with some of the disastrous names some stadiums end up with :/
trentuniblue

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:05 pm

You just now if the naming rights are sold it is going to end up with a stupid name...Aberbargoed Carpets Emporium Stadium :o :o
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:I think naming rights are normally abit of a sell out but it's not like the stadium has the most glamorous or historical names in place currently.

I'd like to see 5 year deals sold on the naming rights, highest bidder takes all.

I also thought the stadium was still council owned? If that's the case wouldn't it be the council collecting the revenue? Might be wrong on that

You got wrong club Swansea is council owned! :laughing6: we own ours so since Sam as been paid off believe any funds from naming stadium is clubs or tans (same difference )
pembroke allan

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

"Cardiff Berjaya City Stadium"
Pulisnewport

Postby rontom » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:59 pm

The RED Bull stadium
rontom

Postby Fusilier23 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:35 pm

I like it as it is - advertises the club every time it is mentioned :bluescarf:
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
Fusilier23

Postby nubbsy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Everyone will complain becaise it'll be a shit name.
nubbsy

Postby Bluebird since 1948 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:20 pm

It's a no brainer for me and we should have done it when we moved in. The current name is terrible.
Bluebird since 1948

Postby fred keenor » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:19 pm

We could not have named the stadium after moving in as the monies were due to Sam.
Great opportunity now tho
fred keenor

Postby bluebird04 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:31 pm

really though I mean, how much money could selling the stadium name bring in reality ?
bluebird04

Postby fred keenor » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Minimum 5 year deal

2.5million?
fred keenor

Postby King Brian Clark » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:17 am

Approach big companies with money to burn. Adidas, Nike, Coke Cola etc. If we were in the Premier League they would get huge publicity from the naming :happy1: .
King Brian Clark

Postby wez1927 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:36 am

Blue_Barber wrote:I think naming rights are normally abit of a sell out but it's not like the stadium has the most glamorous or historical names in place currently.

No we own the stadium your thinking of tbe jacks the council own their stadium
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:37 am

fred keenor wrote:Minimum 5 year deal

2.5million?

And the rest stadium deals are big money especially as wales play here as well
wez1927

Postby SBF1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:46 am

wez1927 wrote:

2.5million?

How about approaching Capital One... :old: :ayatollah:
Neath Bluebirds.
SBF1

Postby Gavin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:58 am

wez1927 wrote:

2.5million?

I think Brighton had a ten year deal with American Express worth 4.5 million, that was back in 2010.

Might offer some sense of a financial scale
Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.
Gavin

Postby RYANBLUE » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:28 pm

It wouldn't be anything topical for those voicing potentials but a corporate name. that's where thee easy income is generated from. we probably couldn't do to up til now cos of Ridsdale but Id be open to anything that would generate revenue.
Its a no brainer in this day and age
RYANBLUE

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:33 pm

wez1927 wrote:Cosway stadium

tan can't use own money to sponsor stadium or any member of his family if they have stake in company! It's to do with ffp rules. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Woodville Willie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:35 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I can understand renaming it to bring in some funds but we could always rename it without direct funds but give it some identity such as The Nest? (Bluebirds nest). I think it would fit well and especially the feeling that you get when sat in the upper (red seats) you get the birds eye view of the stadium and Cardiff. The tickets could be marketed around this name. They could even do stadium tours at the Nest perhaps if are able to get the premier league and perhaps maintain that status. £15 for a tour with a previous Cardiff legend (perhaps they could run these once a month) and each person gets a souvenir and finish with a visit to the club shop to spend more money bringing in revenue to the club. The tour ticket could even include 15% a match ticket and 15% voucher for the shop. They could even market the group of fans who sit in the upper seats such as belonging to a special club - Bluebirds (somethings Or other) of course this is if we can attract bigger crowds which would come with a little more success. If we are in the top 6 these seats will start to fill up! The tour can even include a little bit of our history and demonstrate that we are currently the home of many Wales matches and this has been a fortress.
The shape of the stadium bowl shaped kind of reminds me of a nest.
I believe although in the short term the funds would be handy, in the long term renaming it with something appropriate such as the nest would bring more revenue in and - many people would remember that's where we play! (From all over) now I'm not saying it has to be called the nest (that's my own thoughts) and perhaps some of you have other ideas of an appropriate name for our stadium but just an example. Our merchandise can also then include more bluebird related things.

I don't quite know where to start with this one....

No!!!

There are other clubs associated with birds (Owls, Canaries, Magpies and of course Sw**s!). The stadium in CHina is called the Birds' Nest and so this name isn't original.

The whole point here is that any name should have a revenue stream attached to it. Otherwise, keep CCS as it is!!!

:thumbup:
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Watch sky sports news on Saturdays some of the names for stadiums are funny to being ridiculous depending on your point of view!! :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Chris Holmes » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Some daft names through the ages, though I don't think the Dripping Pan should be on there.
Been there a few times and it has a lot of character.

Pizza Hut Park - Texas, USA
Easy Credit Stadion - Nuremberg, Germany
Jobing.com Arena - Arizona, USA
Whataburger Field - Texas, USA
SportsDirect.Com @ St James' Park Stadium - Newcastle, England
Wankdorf Stadium - Berne, Switzerland
Mitsubishi Forklift Stadion - Almere, Netherlands
Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadium - Graz, Austria
Hunky Dorys Park - Drogheda, Ireland
Cashpoint Arena - Altach, Austria
Bargain Booze Stadium - Northwich, England
KitKat Crescent - York, England
Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Colorado, USA
Quicken Loans Arena - Cleveland, USA
Petco Park - San Diego, USA
Middelfart Stadium - Middlefart, Denmark
Hotto Motto Field - Kobe, Japan
Gaylord Entertainment Center - Nashville, USA
The Dripping Pan - Lewes, England
Kuntz Stadium - Indianapolis, US
Bumthang Stadium (Bhutan)

And here's a Stadium Name Generator
http://www.teamnames.net/fantasy/random ... -generator

I put in Cardiff City Wales and it spewed out this lot...
Ghost Center
Dragons Yard
Warriors Center
Shockwave Center
Wild Park
Fighting Field
Extreme Stadium
Muffin Stadium
Chris Holmes

Postby Welshman in CA » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:46 pm

How about Ninian Park.