Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY'S BIG GAME MOVED '

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Newcastle home moved to the Friday night.

Now live on Sky Friday April 28th KO 7:45pm :bluescarf:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARDIFF'S BIG GAME MOVED '

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Ohh for fecks sake !!

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Bloody sky was looking forward sat game

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:54 pm

NEWCASTLE WILL STILL WANT TO BRING AT LEAST 5,000 FANS :thumbright: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird:

It will hurt our home crowd though.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY'S BIG GAME MOVED '

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:04 pm

I'm probably in a, (small), minority, but , on this occasion, it actually suits me better on the Friday night. Appreciate that it will cause difficulties for others, though.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:20 pm

FFS got friends coming over On the Saturday going to game then out in the night...Sky just take the piss at times..Newcastle fans ain't going to be happy with that!!!

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:29 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:FFS got friends coming over On the Saturday going to game then out in the night...Sky just take the piss at times..Newcastle fans ain't going to be happy with that!!!

That's why SKY do it. There is no City in the UK as football mad as Newcastle, and they would bring 5,000 if the game kicked off at 4.00am on Christmas Day. They talk about nothing else up there all the year around. I'd prefer it to be Saturday afternoon as it's the last home game of the season, but it should still be good, especially if we beat them :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Coming down from Merseyside with 6 lads for this game. All can only do the Saturday, everything is booked and now I'm up Swanee Creek. Come off it Sky.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Make most of it as only game of ours on sky to end season :occasion5:

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:21 pm

If Newcastle need points to go up, I can see a repeat of Sunderland in 1980 when they brought about 10K down. Even on a Friday night I think Newcastle would bring those sort of numbers, with or without tickets.
I'm personally annoyed off they moved it, but not really surprised. Luckily I'm off work that night.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:14 pm

Well I'm blooming fuming as was planning a super day out with 3 points on the day to then go get mullered before watching Joshua battle Klitscko.. Hate you Sky gits

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:34 pm

Don't Sky realise that the choir we've laid on to sing "Bladen Races" to the Newcastle fans might not be able to make it on the Friday?

It's a pain in the arse for many of us but imagine if you were a Newcastle fan and had already booked travel and accomodation etc.

Sky really don't give a damn about away fans and the inconvenience that they are put to.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Just aswell give Newcastle as many tickets as they want and stick them in the upper Ninian

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Make most of it as only game of ours on sky to end season :occasion5:

;)

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Make most of it as only game of ours on sky to end season :occasion5:

;)

Was referring to the armchair fans! :old:

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

;)

Agree and Sky focus on who is up there. Hopefully it's US Next season :thumbup:

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:57 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

;)

Agree and Sky focus on who is up there. Hopefully it's US Next season :thumbup:

Sky focusing on everyone except us though! From last game we were on TV we wouldn't be on sky for around 4 mnths ? :o

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:46 pm

Typical Sky. Affects the Newcastle fans who will mostly need to take a day holiday from work and the arriving back at at home at stupid o'clock otherwise having to stay overnight (which they will very much enjoy in Cardiff). We also lose the walk up revenue by folks happy too watch it at hone or at the pub.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:46 am

The Bluebirds' final home game of the season against Newcastle has been moved to be shown live on TV

Cardiff City's final home game of the season against promotion-chasing Newcastle United has been brought forward for TV coverage.

The Bluebirds were due to face Rafa Benitez's side on Saturday, April 29 at 3pm.

But the club have announced that the fixture will now take place the night before, on Friday, April 28, so it can be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

The match at Cardiff City Stadium will now kick-off at 7:45pm.

It will be Cardiff's final game in the Welsh capital this season, with Warnock's men ending the campaign at Huddersfield on Sunday, May 7.

Neil Warnock's men lost 2-1 in the reverse fixture at St James' Park in November, with Peter Whittingham's 77th minute effort proving to be little more than a consolation after goals from Christian Atsu and Yoan Gouffran had put the Magpies 2-0 ahead.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:11 am

Nice way to kill our crowd attendance for our last game of the season. That's said, could be a huge game for Newcastle so can see why it's on TV.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:27 am

Miffed with this as it was a game I was looking forward too. Might try and book my shift off for it though.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:10 pm

Fully sympathise with the inconvenience this will cause some fans but in all honesty it was always likely to happen.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:02 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Suits me, going to this on the Friday then to Wembley Saturday for the boxing. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:10 am

Friday?!!!!

I normally wash my hair on that night.

:reindeer: