Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone been to a testimonial before ?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:41 pm

I've only been to one,Harry Parsons (the kit man) v Spurs.Think we lost 0-2 and what I seem to remember it was like a proper friendly match.
There was a half decent crowd there due to the fact of the opposition.

Re: Anyone been to a testimonial before ?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Last one I went to was Andy Legg's at Ninian Park.

If you're looking for a decent game of football you'll probably need to look elsewhere but it's usually a light hearted 90 mins or so with a number of old players in various states of fitness huffing and puffing around the pitch for 20 minutes or so before going for a sit down.

Kev will probably score a dubiously awarded penalty towards the end of the game before leaving the field to a standing ovation.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Went to Joe Dwyers against Stoke in 82, only about 2k there. Must confess, I didn't pay to get in. Hardly ever paid in those days, we all used to climb in over the wall behind the Grange End, so I owe Joe a couple of quid lol.
Went to the Harry Parsons one as well. Big crowd of about 11K for that, think that was mainly because there were rumours that Gazza was gonna make his comeback from injury against us. Not surprisingly it was a load of bollocks.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Went to one at Ninian park against villa. Can't for the life of me remember who's testimonial it was tho.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Last one I went to was at Highbury in the early '90's. Can't remember who it was for either.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:00 pm

I remember Scot Young having one against Charlton (who were a Premiership team) about 12 years ago.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:05 pm

went to joe dwyers too and i payed ray bishop .lol :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Carl Dale vs Villa, Jason Perry vs Spurs, Jimmy Goodfellow against a Man Utd 11 and I went to Paul Scholes testimonial against New York Cosmos at OT on a freebie

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:12 pm

Went to one at Ninian I think it was Jimmy Goodfellows v "Man U" not manu big names but a young wez brown stood out.