Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Galatasaray set to offer €3.5m for Cardiff City defender

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:09 am

Galatasaray set to make offer for Cardiff City defender out of contract at end of season

By Emre Sarigul -

Sunday March 26,

Turkish Football 20170

Galatasaray set to offer €3.5m for Cardiff City defender

Galatasaray are set to make an offer for Cardiff City defender Bruno Manga according to the Turkish sports media site Sporx.

Per the source Galatasaray are planning a defensive overhaul and have Manga on their shortlist.

Galatasaray fans unveil banner to club legends

Personally I thought in June, Bruno Manga could just walk away as he would be a free agent? ? ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Galatasaray set to offer €3.5m for Cardiff City defender

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:56 am

He's definitely a free agent in June so we won't get any sort of transfer fee.

Bit unfortunate this one..we were going to sell him in January but he got injured so there were obviously no takers.

Can't really blame the club for him being able to walk away for nothing.

Really hope we can do a deal to resign him, but I'm not that hopeful.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:05 am

Funny how many players pick up injuries around transfer window time.(not just us)

or is that just cynical.?

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:29 am

Jules wrote:Funny how many players pick up injuries around transfer window time.(not just us)

or is that just cynical.?

I think this one is genuine...actually saw it happen on TV...he could hardly walk for the last few minutes of the game, but he didn't come off cos they had used all their subs.

That probably added another 3 weeks to his recovery time!!!

That's the one big problem with Manga every time he goes to play for Gabon he always comes back with an injury!!!

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:40 am

Are we sure it isn't Sol Bamba they want? He spent some time playing in Turkey and with only just over a year left on his contract that strikes me as the right sort of price. I hope not.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:50 pm

Only way this could possibly happen is if quite a few teams wanted to sign him so a club nips in with a transfer fee before is contract is officially finished to ensure getting him but personally I cannot see this scenario playing out.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:43 pm

It would be nice to make something back on Manga but I can't see it I'm afraid.

Although the i would still like to see him play for us next season.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:04 pm

I agree with the other posters who point out BM is out of contract so we will get nothing. Maybe it is the value of the contract being offered to the player and something got lost in translation?

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:28 pm

For a defender he’s incredibly quick off the ground and he reads the game excellently, and he’s certainly a player who could play a key part as Neil Warnock prepares for a promotion charge next season, but the Gabon international is out of contract in the summer.

Manga has been subject of interest from the MLS, and due to his high salary it could well mean the Bluebirds’ £4 million man could be offloaded in the summer.

To keep him would be a massive boost for the Bluebirds, especially with what attributes he has, but whether he’ll start at Wolves on Saturday remains to be seen.

He’s a player of the highest quality, there’s no doubt about that, but with Bamba and Morrison building a good working relationship at the back it’s hard to see who he’ll replace, but regardless he’ll surely get a chance before the season ends.

He didn’t win player of the season at Cardiff City in the last couple of years for no reason. He’s a talent and he’ll be raring to go following his unfortunate injury.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:42 pm

Could go three at the back and use Bennett and Richards as wing backs? Three man midfield and a forward two of Hoillet and Zohore