Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Thousands of Welsh Football Fans '

Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Thousands of Wales fans away in Ireland :thumbright: :thumbright:

The whole of the bottom section,plus hundreds of Welsh fans dotted around in Irelands end.

Brilliant Support :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Thousands of Welsh Football Fans '

Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:14 pm

Thousands of Welsh fans now will be heading for Serbia away in June :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Annis - what sort of allocation do wales get for this game ?

Massive game for Wales as they need to get something from it. Wales form for some reason has dropped since the euros, maybe that was their peak ?

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Dobbin wrote:Annis - what sort of allocation do wales get for this game ?

Massive game for Wales as they need to get something from it. Wales form for some reason has dropped since the euros, maybe that was their peak ?

Dobbins, I am not sure?

Mallo said Wales are expecting to take 3,000 fans.

I rem doing all these trips and Wales were taking 250-600 fans.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Fair play that's good numbers if they take that - that's up there with the average England away attendance these days.

Looks like the Welsh fans have abandoned away travel with their clubs and more going to watch the national side away. Whereas the English are going the opposite way. Think everyone fed up with forking out large sums of cash for shite football.

Although stupidly still going back for the Scotland and France games in June. :thumbup:

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Dobbin wrote:Fair play that's good numbers if they take that - that's up there with the average England away attendance these days.

Looks like the Welsh fans have abandoned away travel with their clubs and more going to watch the national side away. Whereas the English are going the opposite way. Think everyone fed up with forking out large sums of cash for shite football.

Although stupidly still going back for the Scotland and France games in June. :thumbup:

Dobbins, yes many fans now follow Wales.

Cardiff have lost many away fans due to the Rebrand and many of them either don't go hardly now or now follow Wales.

The Jacks away support is total crap nowadays for their club and with Wales they are still the minority.

But fair play to Wrexham they still average 500 away in the Non League and have been there for 9 years and are not even challenging for promotion.

Wrexham also follow Wales away in big numbers as well.

Newport hardly follow club or country nowadays.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:44 am

Dobbin wrote:Annis - what sort of allocation do wales get for this game ?

3300 away tickets. They were changing hands for hundreds in Dublin.
Our taxi driver reckoned there were 15000 Welsh fans but that seemed exaggerated to me.

Roll on Serbia though I reckon not so many will travel now we've flogged qualification.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:42 am

Everyone I've spoken to who went to Dublin are planning on going to Serbia. I'd say we'll take at least our full allocation that is given to us. Following Wales for many is now a passion that you used to see with Cardiff. Win lose or draw.

Best quote I've read this weekend is "Following Wales away let's me see countries I've never thought of seeing". Who would go on holiday you Serbia.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:58 am

Can't wait to go to Serbia, pubs charge around a £1 a pint I've been told :lol: