Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' NEWCASTLE UNITED ASK CARDIFF CITY '

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Newcastle United request massive 10,000 ticket allocation for final away match – Reports

Reports say that United have asked for huge Cardiff v Newcastle ticket allocation, for final away game.

Cardiff v Newcastle

Monday 27th March 2017

The Mags

by Graham Porter

Friday saw Cardiff v Newcastle moved for live TV, the game now going out on Sky Sports at 7.45pm on Friday 28 April.

Not exactly the best timing for Newcastle fans wanting to travel to the final away match of the season.

Despite this, it is now claimed that Newcastle United have requested a massive 10,000 ticket allocation for the game, which could potentially see NUFC confirm promotion or the Championship title.

Hopefully there is real substance in this report and the local police don’t see a problem in the huge away following being allowed.

Cardiff City are now 11 points above relegation and the same adrift of the play-off places, so it is very unlikely there would be a bigger demand for tickets from the home supporters.

REMAINING NEWCASTLE MATCHES

Saturday 1 April – Newcastle v Wigan (3pm).

Wednesday 5 April – Newcastle v Burton (7.45pm)

Saturday 8 April – Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle (5.30pm) SKY SPORTS

Friday 14 April – Newcastle v Leeds (7.45pm) SKY SPORTS

Monday 17 April – Ipswich v Newcastle (3pm)

Monday 24 April – Newcastle v Preston (7.45pm) SKY SPORTS

Friday 28 April – Cardiff v Newcastle (7.45pm) SKY SPORTS

Sunday 7 May – Newcastle v Barnsley (12 noon)

Annis, there's no way of stopping the toon fans seeing the game on Sky, so why not let them spend their money in the stadium on tickets and pies? It will be a big pay day for Warnock and may even encourage more home support. The allocation has to be generous enough to stop infiltration into the home end and I agree that it could be the family stand, but I also think the red chairs could be opened up. There's plenty of examples of away fans being sited above the home crowd elsewhere.

It's on Sky - let's see a full stadium!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:51 am

Woodville Willie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Newcastle United request massive 10,000 ticket allocation for final away match – Reports

Reports say that United have asked for huge Cardiff v Newcastle ticket allocation, for final away game.

Cardiff v Newcastle

Monday 27th March 2017

The Mags

by Graham Porter

Friday saw Cardiff v Newcastle moved for live TV, the game now going out on Sky Sports at 7.45pm on Friday 28 April.

Not exactly the best timing for Newcastle fans wanting to travel to the final away match of the season.

Despite this, it is now claimed that Newcastle United have requested a massive 10,000 ticket allocation for the game, which could potentially see NUFC confirm promotion or the Championship title.

Hopefully there is real substance in this report and the local police don’t see a problem in the huge away following being allowed.

Cardiff City are now 11 points above relegation and the same adrift of the play-off places, so it is very unlikely there would be a bigger demand for tickets from the home supporters.

Annis, there's no way of stopping the toon fans seeing the game on Sky, so why not let them spend their money in the stadium on tickets and pies? It will be a big pay day for Warnock and may even encourage more home support. The allocation has to be generous enough to stop infiltration into the home end and I agree that it could be the family stand, but I also think the red chairs could be opened up. There's plenty of examples of away fans being sited above the home crowd elsewhere.

It's on Sky - let's see a full stadium!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

With you on this John, lets fill our stadium and make some money,everyone moans that our club is skint.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:31 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bedwas Bluebird wrote:I would object to this for several reasons

No disrespect to their fans but as a club they treat away fans they do just that. behind the goal and about as high as you can get shows that they do not care about away fans themselves. It is not about the number of fans but how they are treated. Secondly whilst the result may be academic not is not certain and I do not think that we should give them an added advantage. That will be unfair to the other clubs. It was bad enough when we serenaded them last time with the bloody choir. It is right to say that at present our away support is not as it was and we do not need added allocations but in the past we have and how often have we been knocked back. Ok Scunthorpe was an exception. We get treated like sh*t even now. As for policing this anyone who has visited Newcastle over the years will know that far from being the amiable folk that they are portrayed as. Even when we were stuffed 5-1 a few years ago the wanted to attack our fans on the way out. Imagine if there is anything on the game and we turn them over. That could be a recipe for major problems. Lastly I hate to see fans being ripped off and am proud that our club like a number of others has not succumbed to this for away fans. This is unlike the time at NP when we suddenly upped their prices on the day of the game. No we owe it to our club and fans but also to the rest of the league to make this a regular fixture and not concede to Newcastle just cos they have a big following. The short term gains do not justify this

I'll refer to my post above, questioning whether Cardiff City fans were grateful that The Arsenal did similar for us in the FA Cup?

Answer? They did...and I'll tell you now that Cardiff City fans (in their numbers) were very grateful indeed

A great day out that undoubtedly meant more to Cardiff City than it did to The Arsenal and some good banter (sadly some idiots as well) along the way!

It may appear a little churlish not to do so for Newcastle United for a game in which we only have a cosmetic interest. The promotion picture (either way) will likely be over by then, but even if it isn't you can rest assured a Neil Warnock side won't be rolling over on the field...and I don't believe Cardiff fans will allow Newcastle fans the vocal upper hand on the terraces either! :ayatollah:

the clock end held 6k mate and our allowe allocation was 15 % of 38,400 capacity which was 5760. so rather than have 240 empty seats they gave us the 6k as with all fa cup games there.
distribution of tickets was shite as normal back then with many loyal fans not going at the expense of bandwagoners.

You make some good points but they still did it for us and it was a good gesture :thumbup:

The bigger issue was the bandwagon jumpers and I saw many "Membership Cards" being passed back through the crowds at the checkpoints to non-members (which was compulsory at the time) :(

My point above is simply that I believe we should allow as many Newcastle fans as possible to attend in the spirit of the game that is (possibly) being played out :ayatollah:

i am all for Newcastle being given extra tickets. dont much like the idea of milking it though.
as for that Arsenal game,i know many ST holders {and there really were not many more than 6k back then } that didnt get tickets, same with Chelsea in FA cup. carve up ,and in fact i know people that did not renew because of it.
things are better now.? i hope.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:56 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bedwas Bluebird wrote:I would object to this for several reasons

No disrespect to their fans but as a club they treat away fans they do just that. behind the goal and about as high as you can get shows that they do not care about away fans themselves. It is not about the number of fans but how they are treated. Secondly whilst the result may be academic not is not certain and I do not think that we should give them an added advantage. That will be unfair to the other clubs. It was bad enough when we serenaded them last time with the bloody choir. It is right to say that at present our away support is not as it was and we do not need added allocations but in the past we have and how often have we been knocked back. Ok Scunthorpe was an exception. We get treated like sh*t even now. As for policing this anyone who has visited Newcastle over the years will know that far from being the amiable folk that they are portrayed as. Even when we were stuffed 5-1 a few years ago the wanted to attack our fans on the way out. Imagine if there is anything on the game and we turn them over. That could be a recipe for major problems. Lastly I hate to see fans being ripped off and am proud that our club like a number of others has not succumbed to this for away fans. This is unlike the time at NP when we suddenly upped their prices on the day of the game. No we owe it to our club and fans but also to the rest of the league to make this a regular fixture and not concede to Newcastle just cos they have a big following. The short term gains do not justify this

I'll refer to my post above, questioning whether Cardiff City fans were grateful that The Arsenal did similar for us in the FA Cup?

Answer? They did...and I'll tell you now that Cardiff City fans (in their numbers) were very grateful indeed

A great day out that undoubtedly meant more to Cardiff City than it did to The Arsenal and some good banter (sadly some idiots as well) along the way!

It may appear a little churlish not to do so for Newcastle United for a game in which we only have a cosmetic interest. The promotion picture (either way) will likely be over by then, but even if it isn't you can rest assured a Neil Warnock side won't be rolling over on the field...and I don't believe Cardiff fans will allow Newcastle fans the vocal upper hand on the terraces either! :ayatollah:

the clock end held 6k mate and our allowe allocation was 15 % of 38,400 capacity which was 5760. so rather than have 240 empty seats they gave us the 6k as with all fa cup games there.
distribution of tickets was shite as normal back then with many loyal fans not going at the expense of bandwagoners.

You make some good points but they still did it for us and it was a good gesture :thumbup:

The bigger issue was the bandwagon jumpers and I saw many "Membership Cards" being passed back through the crowds at the checkpoints to non-members (which was compulsory at the time) :(

My point above is simply that I believe we should allow as many Newcastle fans as possible to attend in the spirit of the game that is (possibly) being played out :ayatollah:

i am all for Newcastle being given extra tickets. dont much like the idea of milking it though.
as for that Arsenal game,i know many ST holders {and there really were not many more than 6k back then } that didnt get tickets, same with Chelsea in FA cup. carve up ,and in fact i know people that did not renew because of it.
things are better now.? i hope.

You'd like to think so! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:02 am

I'd rather they price this appropriately for all fans, seeing a full capacity stadium on the box for our last home game of the season to me is more important than the profit that could be made. It may even entice fans to come more regularly seeing that there are a decent amount of fans at the ground which would mean increasing our ticket income for the long term

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:44 am

Last home game of the season, chance for us to finish the season with a big win and give a lot of non season ticket holders a glimpse of what they could see next season.
I think NUFC are taking the mick with a 10,000 ticket allocation. 5-6000 would be enough, Big pay day for us and a last opportunity for the club to bring in as many home fans as possible.
Who knows, if we can get a few decent wins before the Newcastle game and provide current ST holders with an incentive (bring a guest or 2 per ST holder), we could see a plus 20,000 home crowd, never mind the 6,000 Newcastle fans.
:bluescarf:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:28 pm

lewis91 wrote:Last home game of the season, chance for us to finish the season with a big win and give a lot of non season ticket holders a glimpse of what they could see next season.
I think NUFC are taking the mick with a 10,000 ticket allocation. 5-6000 would be enough, Big pay day for us and a last opportunity for the club to bring in as many home fans as possible.
Who knows, if we can get a few decent wins before the Newcastle game and provide current ST holders with an incentive (bring a guest or 2 per ST holder), we could see a plus 20,000 home crowd, never mind the 6,000 Newcastle fans.

Personally, I don't see the issue with accommodating as Newcastle fans as possible given the importance of the game and (as someone else pointed out) I'm sure Cardiff fans would want the same in similar circumstances

One thought for a 'full house' would be to give a 'free ticket to every Cardiff City supporter who has renewed or committed to a season ticket for 2107/18 :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:48 pm

From the Newcastle United FC web-site:

Tickets for Newcastle's final away game of the season, at Cardiff City, are on sale now.

The Magpies have initially been allocated around 3,400 tickets for the Friday night fixture, which will kick off at 7.45pm on 28th April.

Seats are initially on sale to season ticket holders with 25 or more away loyalty points.

Tickets are priced at £24 for adults, £20 for over-60s, £15 for 16 to 21-year-olds and £12 for under-16s.

Ambulant disabled tickets are the same price but with carers free of charge. Any supporters under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.

Family area tickets are also available but these are limited and supporters must call the Box Office.

They are priced at £18 for adults, £12 for over-60s, £10 for 16 to 21-year-olds and £5 for under-16s while a family ticket (two adults and two juniors) costs £40.

A Newcastle United membership runs until the end of the season and gives supporters priority access to away tickets after season ticket holders.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:21 pm

Also on the Newcastle United web-site:

Cardiff Game Could Be NUFC Pinnacle.

Ever since Rafa Benitez became manager of Newcastle United, many things have changed for the better. Some of it just plainly obvious whilst some has just been different class.

Part of the obvious stuff was the need for greater communication and this has been done in relation to ticket sales with them going on sale quicker than they've ever done as if the club has grasped the need for supporters rather than shy away from them.

This in turn has seen greater numbers go to games with the mood more than reflected away from home where the maximum allocation is sought rather than the minimal embarrassment that was classed as our quota in previous season.

After relegation it could have been expected that minimal allocations would be the best we could hope for considering but that hasn't been the case with sell outs every week and demands not being met in many games leaving disappointed fan stuck at home.

Today the club announced details of the last away game of the season at Cardiff.

With it being the penultimate game of the season, things will be clearer in how close we are in relation to getting out of this division, whether we're going up, are already up or are going for the title. It should be some occasion.

Tickets for it were announced at 25+ loyalty points which seems low to me for the initial 3400 places but there's talk that we could get as many as 10,000 if demand is there, which it will be.

Should be interesting to say the least to see if Cardiff play ball if they cant sell out their ground and with it being scheduled for live TV on Sky, it could be the icing on the cake for the transformation around the place.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:14 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Foof them. I don't care about the money. No club likes us, no club does our away support any favours. Same amount as any other team I say.

Unfortunately our club needs the money and our fans won't fill it,so it's a yes from me.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:59 pm

Sven wrote:
lewis91 wrote:Last home game of the season, chance for us to finish the season with a big win and give a lot of non season ticket holders a glimpse of what they could see next season.

Personally, I don't see the issue with accommodating as Newcastle fans as possible given the importance of the game and (as someone else pointed out) I'm sure Cardiff fans would want the same in similar circumstances

One thought for a 'full house' would be to give a 'free ticket to every Cardiff City supporter who has renewed or committed to a season ticket for 2107/18 :ayatollah:

Fair comment, decent idea of allowing a +1 for every ST holder that has renewed.
I'd love to see a full house but nearly half of those being Newcastle fans, I personally wouldn't want to see.
I think the club can make 1 big push before the end of the season to get as many City fans there as possible. I credit the club for providing some very good deals this season. Friday night on sky, knowing full well Newcastle will turn out in big numbers will surely spur a lot of Cardiff fans to get down there in our thousands.
What about + 1 ticket for current ST holders and +2 for Renwed St holders?

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

Cardiff v Newcastle

Monday 27th March 2017

The Mags

by Graham Porter

With you on this John, lets fill our stadium and make some money,everyone moans that our club is skint.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:39 pm

The club should make as much money as they can from this game, tell Newcastle they can have 10000 tickets if they pay upfront. If they dont sell them we still get the money. Win Win.
As in everything else in life if there is demand charge extra for it.The tickets should have been priced at Cat A top price.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 am

The more tickets the Toon get the more Cardiff fans will want to come. So it's win win. I'd say put the family stand in the Premiere seating they will love that. Give the Toon the whole family stand and then we can try and fill as much of the ground as we can. Bring it on it's making this game mouth watering.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:31 am

Nuclearblue wrote:The more tickets the Toon get the more Cardiff fans will want to come. So it's win win. I'd say put the family stand in the Premiere seating they will love that. Give the Toon the whole family stand and then we can try and fill as much of the ground as we can. Bring it on it's making this game mouth watering.

10k..116,117,118 and right around the whole family stand. with all those ST holders moved being given choice of seats ANYWHERE in ground

Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:04 pm

What a difference in size of clubs,Newcastle compared to cardiff,Newcastle asking for 10,000 and most prob would sell alot more,to see them go back up to the prem,when we were at Burnley to go up we only took 1500

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:45 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=183538 :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: