Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' NEWCASTLE UNITED ASK CARDIFF CITY '

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:57 am

WelshPatriot wrote:Foof them. I don't care about the money. No club likes us, no club does our away support any favours. Same amount as any other team I say.

Our club needs the money and the more the better :thumbright: :bluebird:

We don't need any favours regarding our Away support.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:Foof them. I don't care about the money. No club likes us, no club does our away support any favours. Same amount as any other team I say.

Annis,

I agree with you and give ST in other areas of the ground a chance to purchase extra tickets at £5 a shot. We could fill it up no problem even if it's on Sky!

Also who says we won't beat them to send 8-10k of their fans home empty handed.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:05 pm

£10,000 at £40 a go is £400,000, i'm assuming that we would have to get extra Stewarts in to handle them and extra policing costs, no idea what they would be, probably sell a load of programmes but not sure if we get any of the food sales. Its still a nice amount to put forward for Warnock.

Give them 10k and reduce out tickets to a tenner and try and get the place full.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Are people forgetting where Newcastle United stick the away fans at St James Park, for that alone I say two fingers to them and give then the standard allocation. Why o why are people wanting to bend over backwards for them.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:11 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:Are people forgetting where Newcastle United stick the away fans at St James Park, for that alone I say two fingers to them and give then the standard allocation. Why o why are people wanting to bend over backwards for them.

100% Not doing it for them, it's for us, the revenue :ayatollah:

Everyone moans we have no money, easy money here :thumbright:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:12 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:Are people forgetting where Newcastle United stick the away fans at St James Park, for that alone I say two fingers to them and give then the standard allocation. Why o why are people wanting to bend over backwards for them.

No, been in the away end and its awful.

However I think people are thinking more logically, and think the cash it could bring in would be very useful going forward. Its hardly bending over backwards giving them seats that would already be empty.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:Feck them. I don't care about the money. No club likes us, no club does our away support any favours. Same amount as any other team I say.

Annis,

I agree with you and give ST in other areas of the ground a chance to purchase extra tickets at £5 a shot. We could fill it up no problem even if it's on Sky!

:thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Yep, fill the ground as best we can, I say! :thumbup:

Newcastle fans are not the worst and will want to come and see their club on what (they hope) will be a momentous occasion at the CCS

Giving them the Family Stand is logical (sorry to those who sit there) and so long as the displaced City fans are re-sited appropriately, then it is a minor inconvenience for one game :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Yep, fill the ground as best we can, I say! :thumbup:

Newcastle fans are not the worst and will want to come and see their club on what (they hope) will be a momentous occasion at the CCS

Giving them the Family Stand is logical (sorry to those who sit there) and so long as the displaced City fans are re-sited appropriately, then it is a minor inconvenience for one game :ayatollah:

Spot on Chris :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Take the money charge them 40 pound a ticket abd give them 15 k

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:22 pm

If we don't give them the allocation, they could even buy tickets in our home ends weeks leading up to the game, as nowadays many people know people and that's where problems could happen.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:52 pm

Who would have to pay for the extra police costs ?

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Who would have to pay for the extra police costs ?

How do you get 10k fans out of city with them all going same way at same time??

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:05 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Who would have to pay for the extra police costs ?

Nukes, the Police outside the ground,the Council/Govt, the police in Cardiff City.

Our police costs are virtually nil nowadays as under the Govt proposals,grounds should be virtually zero police,unless major trouble or the police are called in if the stewards can not handle it.

The police spotters are paid by Westminster as South Wales were given £millions, towards spotters etc.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:12 pm

People moan like f**k about the price of Football on here and moan no end when we get charged north of £25 for an away games with crys of 'football fans are getting ripped off and priced out of the game', noe you have people wanting to charge other Football fans that are no different to us £40/£50 and rip them off.

Hypocrits.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:People moan like f**k about the price of Football on here and moan no end when we get charged north of £25 for an away games with crys of 'football fans are getting ripped off and priced out of the game', noe you have people wanting to charge other Football fans that are no different to us £40/£50 and rip them off.

Hypocrits.

:lol:

Fair play your spot on :thumbup: :thumbup:

But this time it was our club that would gain :lol: :thumbright:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Newcastle United request record allocation for Cardiff fixture – reports

By James Kemble

Monday 27th March 2017

Newcastle United have reportedly demanded a huge allocation for their trip to Cardiff City in April.

The league-leaders have reportedly requested a ticket allocation of up to 10,000 tickets for Cardiff’s final home game of the season and their penultimate fixture as they chase an immediate return back to the Premier League.

The Cardiff City Stadium which can hold a maximum of 33,280 fans, could see a record away following from the travelling and passionate Toon Army, according to Geordies blog The Mag.

The game was recently moved to the Friday evening as Sky Sports chose it for television coverage, meaning Cardiff’s penultimate fixture will be played a day before everyone else, which could set up the promotion battle in the Championship up nicely.

There has been no indication of whether or not Cardiff will accept the request from Newcastle as the club may have their own plans to attract newer and younger fans with offers for season ticket holders, similar to games like Bristol City and Huddersfield Town.

It is expected that Newcastle will be updated by Cardiff this week to see if their request has been successful.

The logistics of housing Newcastle fans would be difficult with the designated away section only holding between 3,000-3,500.

If Newcastle are to bring such a large number then season ticket holder could well be moved, or Cardiff may make use of the new upper tier section which is regularly closed.

The last time the Cardiff City Stadium housed a similarly large away following was when Cardiff were required to give a higher allocation than usual to Crystal Palace for their League Cup semi-final back in 2012.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:57 pm

I'd feel uncomfortable accepting the attendance as a record for a league game.

A record should not stand in such circumstances.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Let them have as many tickets as they want.

We won't sell them, so what's the point in not letting them have them when we can make money?

But I would charge them the same as Cardiff City fans are being charged. Don't want to be as bad as Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday etc

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:12 pm

All about principle for me no f*cking way would i be happy with this and wouldnt turn up if this is agreed.

we want to win every single game regardless of situation so improving the away teams chances by making it like a home game does not sit right with me at all.

Ridiculous if we agree to this. Embarrassing

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Imagine how another clubs fans might feel if.......our game against Newcastle is the difference between their club getting promoted over Newcastle automatically which could still happen. How would they feel about us making Newcastle as comfortable as possible for this away fixture knowing Newcastle lose their side is promoted.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Wayne S wrote:I'd feel uncomfortable accepting the attendance as a record for a league game.

A record should not stand in such circumstances.

Thinking back, I don't remember many Cardiff City fans complaining when The Arsenal kicked their fans out of the Clock End at Highbury to accommodate us for our historic FA Cup game (the final one at Highbury) a few years ago! ;)

Let Newcastle and their passionate fans (assuming they get promoted) celebrate, don't be a Grinch and just be grateful they're not the Scousers! :thumbright: :laughing6:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Bump the price up and game on

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:42 pm

A few things here..

1. We can't complain about giving them a big allocation, we've had them ourselves- remember Scunthorpe.
2. Charge them the same as we were charged up there
3. Give them the same as Villa, but also the Ninian Upper, should be no issue with safety as it's no different to what we had in Newcastle where we are above the home fans and the further they are away from the pitch the better.
4. The club needs the money, an extra £300k could be the difference in getting a player we want
5. It's unlikely to be a record crowd unless we sell over 20k if we give Newcastle 8000 ish
6. I don't think it's fair to move the families if there's room elsewhere in the ground and also why give them the advantage of having fans behind the goal ?
7. There was no segregation around the ground at Newcastle so I don't see why we need any here.
In fact a few of us almost ended up in the Newcastle end as we were in the wrong queue :laughing6:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:49 pm

There's a chance they could already be promoted and champions by then so not sure they'd take up 10,000 on a Friday then, but we'd still have the additional cost.
Didn't we give Palace 5,000 for the league cup semi that? I'd give them that.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:32 pm

I would object to this for several reasons

No disrespect to their fans but as a club they treat away fans they do just that. behind the goal and about as high as you can get shows that they do not care about away fans themselves. It is not about the number of fans but how they are treated. Secondly whilst the result may be academic not is not certain and I do not think that we should give them an added advantage. That will be unfair to the other clubs. It was bad enough when we serenaded them last time with the bloody choir. It is right to say that at present our away support is not as it was and we do not need added allocations but in the past we have and how often have we been knocked back. Ok Scunthorpe was an exception. We get treated like sh*t even now. As for policing this anyone who has visited Newcastle over the years will know that far from being the amiable folk that they are portrayed as. Even when we were stuffed 5-1 a few years ago the wanted to attack our fans on the way out. Imagine if there is anything on the game and we turn them over. That could be a recipe for major problems. Lastly I hate to see fans being ripped off and am proud that our club like a number of others has not succumbed to this for away fans. This is unlike the time at NP when we suddenly upped their prices on the day of the game. No we owe it to our club and fans but also to the rest of the league to make this a regular fixture and not concede to Newcastle just cos they have a big following. The short term gains do not justify this

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 pm

Bedwas Bluebird wrote:I would object to this for several reasons

No disrespect to their fans but as a club they treat away fans they do just that. behind the goal and about as high as you can get shows that they do not care about away fans themselves. It is not about the number of fans but how they are treated. Secondly whilst the result may be academic not is not certain and I do not think that we should give them an added advantage. That will be unfair to the other clubs. It was bad enough when we serenaded them last time with the bloody choir. It is right to say that at present our away support is not as it was and we do not need added allocations but in the past we have and how often have we been knocked back. Ok Scunthorpe was an exception. We get treated like sh*t even now. As for policing this anyone who has visited Newcastle over the years will know that far from being the amiable folk that they are portrayed as. Even when we were stuffed 5-1 a few years ago the wanted to attack our fans on the way out. Imagine if there is anything on the game and we turn them over. That could be a recipe for major problems. Lastly I hate to see fans being ripped off and am proud that our club like a number of others has not succumbed to this for away fans. This is unlike the time at NP when we suddenly upped their prices on the day of the game. No we owe it to our club and fans but also to the rest of the league to make this a regular fixture and not concede to Newcastle just cos they have a big following. The short term gains do not justify this

I'll refer to my post above, questioning whether Cardiff City fans were grateful that The Arsenal did similar for us in the FA Cup?

Answer? They did...and I'll tell you now that Cardiff City fans (in their numbers) were very grateful indeed

A great day out that undoubtedly meant more to Cardiff City than it did to The Arsenal and some good banter (sadly some idiots as well) along the way!

It may appear a little churlish not to do so for Newcastle United for a game in which we only have a cosmetic interest. The promotion picture (either way) will likely be over by then, but even if it isn't you can rest assured a Neil Warnock side won't be rolling over on the field...and I don't believe Cardiff fans will allow Newcastle fans the vocal upper hand on the terraces either! :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:38 pm

Sven wrote:

I'll refer to my post above, questioning whether Cardiff City fans were grateful that The Arsenal did similar for us in the FA Cup?

Answer? They did...and I'll tell you now that Cardiff City fans (in their numbers) were very grateful indeed

A great day out that undoubtedly meant more to Cardiff City than it did to The Arsenal and some good banter (sadly some idiots as well) along the way!

It may appear a little churlish not to do so for Newcastle United for a game in which we only have a cosmetic interest. The promotion picture (either way) will likely be over by then, but even if it isn't you can rest assured a Neil Warnock side won't be rolling over on the field...and I don't believe Cardiff fans will allow Newcastle fans the vocal upper hand on the terraces either! :ayatollah:

the clock end held 6k mate and our allowe allocation was 15 % of 38,400 capacity which was 5760. so rather than have 240 empty seats they gave us the 6k as with all fa cup games there.
distribution of tickets was shite as normal back then with many loyal fans not going at the expense of bandwagoners.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:40 pm

RV Casual wrote:People moan like f**k about the price of Football on here and moan no end when we get charged north of £25 for an away games with crys of 'football fans are getting ripped off and priced out of the game', noe you have people wanting to charge other Football fans that are no different to us £40/£50 and rip them off.

Hypocrits.

totally agree

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:42 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

the clock end held 6k mate and our allowe allocation was 15 % of 38,400 capacity which was 5760. so rather than have 240 empty seats they gave us the 6k as with all fa cup games there.
distribution of tickets was shite as normal back then with many loyal fans not going at the expense of bandwagoners.

You make some good points but they still did it for us and it was a good gesture :thumbup:

The bigger issue was the bandwagon jumpers and I saw many "Membership Cards" being passed back through the crowds at the checkpoints to non-members (which was compulsory at the time) :(

My point above is simply that I believe we should allow as many Newcastle fans as possible to attend in the spirit of the game that is (possibly) being played out :ayatollah: