Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEWCASTLE UNITED ASK CARDIFF CITY '

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:59 am

' NEWCASTLE UNITED ASK CARDIFF CITY '

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... diff-city/ :thumbright: :thumbright:

Championship club Newcastle United have asked Cardiff City for an allocation of up to 10,000 tickets for their match which has now been changed to a Friday night.

Cardiff City stadium holds 33,500 and the Bluebirds currently average about 16,000.

The away end holds about 2,300,but can be increased like it was for Aston Villa fans who brought 3,358 fans.

Apparently Cardiff are working on being able to give the North East Club 8,000 tickets and are expected to let them know this week.

Newcastle have asked for such a large allocation of tickets despite the match being changed to a Friday night,live on tv and an over 600 mile round trip.

Cardiff City's final home game of the season against promotion-chasing ' Newcastle United ' has been brought forward for TV coverage.

The Bluebirds were due to face Rafa Benitez's side on Saturday, April 29 at 3pm.

But the club have announced that the fixture will now take place the night before, on Friday, April 28 kick-off at 7:45pm., so it can be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... diff-city/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEWCASTLE UNITED ASK CARDIFF CITY '

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:03 am

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/03/2 ... diff-city/ :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:40 am

Not sure how they can do that without moving existing season ticket holders in the family stand. The obvious move would be to let them have the red section of the Ninian stand, but segregation becomes an issue, and I'm pretty sure there are guidelines in place about away fans being in a section directly above home fans?

On a more mercenary note, this could be a chance to increase income for the club. If we charge them £50 a ticket, we could raise half a million pounds by selling to 10,000 football addicted Geordies - surely useful for Neil Warnock's promotion challenge. And if we offer home tickets at £10 each we could have a sellout for our last game of the season.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:49 am

bluebird58 wrote:Not sure how they can do that without moving existing season ticket holders in the family stand. The obvious move would be to let them have the red section of the Ninian stand, but segregation becomes an issue, and I'm pretty sure there are guidelines in place about away fans being in a section directly above home fans?

On a more mercenary note, this could be a chance to increase income for the club. If we charge them £50 a ticket, we could raise half a million pounds by selling to 10,000 football addicted Geordies - surely useful for Neil Warnock's promotion challenge. And if we offer home tickets at £10 each we could have a sellout for our last game of the season.

Personally I would give them the whole of the family section and tell them they can go anywhere in the ground.
I would charge NEWCASTLE fans £40 and £30 and City would make a lot of money out of it like you say :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Good idea to offer cheap tickets to our own fans :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Not sure how they can do that without moving existing season ticket holders in the family stand. The obvious move would be to let them have the red section of the Ninian stand, but segregation becomes an issue, and I'm pretty sure there are guidelines in place about away fans being in a section directly above home fans?

Personally I would give them the whole of the family section and tell them they can go anywhere in the ground.
I would charge NEWCASTLE fans £40 and £30 and City would make a lot of money out of it like you say :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Good idea to offer cheap tickets to our own fans :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

With proper planning, this should be the biggest crowd for a league game at the new stadium. You can be sure that NW will get the team up for it too!

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:17 am

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

With proper planning, this should be the biggest crowd for a league game at the new stadium. You can be sure that NW will get the team up for it too!

Totally agree, City could make £500,000 out of this,towards Warnocks budget :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:30 am

Newcastle United request massive 10,000 ticket allocation for final away match – Reports

Reports say that United have asked for huge Cardiff v Newcastle ticket allocation, for final away game.

Cardiff v Newcastle

Monday 27th March 2017

The Mags

by Graham Porter

Friday saw Cardiff v Newcastle moved for live TV, the game now going out on Sky Sports at 7.45pm on Friday 28 April.

Not exactly the best timing for Newcastle fans wanting to travel to the final away match of the season.

Despite this, it is now claimed that Newcastle United have requested a massive 10,000 ticket allocation for the game, which could potentially see NUFC confirm promotion or the Championship title.

Hopefully there is real substance in this report and the local police don’t see a problem in the huge away following being allowed.

Cardiff City are now 11 points above relegation and the same adrift of the play-off places, so it is very unlikely there would be a bigger demand for tickets from the home supporters.

REMAINING NEWCASTLE MATCHES

Saturday 1 April – Newcastle v Wigan (3pm).

Wednesday 5 April – Newcastle v Burton (7.45pm)

Saturday 8 April – Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle (5.30pm) SKY SPORTS

Friday 14 April – Newcastle v Leeds (7.45pm) SKY SPORTS

Monday 17 April – Ipswich v Newcastle (3pm)

Monday 24 April – Newcastle v Preston (7.45pm) SKY SPORTS

Friday 28 April – Cardiff v Newcastle (7.45pm) SKY SPORTS

Sunday 7 May – Newcastle v Barnsley (12 noon)

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:

pretty sure you can only charge away fans what you are charging home fans for an equivalent seat in the home end.
its why the cheap tickets are not sold direct to the public, but are passed on via ST holders as part of their package.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:38 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

pretty sure you can only charge away fans what you are charging home fans for an equivalent seat in the home end.
its why the cheap tickets are not sold direct to the public, but are passed on via ST holders as part of their package.

True, but this is totally different.

City will be do a massive favour for Newcastle and having to accommodate their extra fans,which would cost City money and time/planning etc.

So City can say we will do it,but it it will cost you and I know for fact Newcastle fans would pay the increase in prices to follow and support their club and its funny when a club is doing well, no one moans about the prices :lol: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis great idea but throaght with problems? Firstly would need to give family members advanced warning they're being moved, then give them opportunity to go where they want to in ground, guess best place is corner of Ninian stand by away end as plenty spaces there.! And could the away end of ground cope with so many coaches and fans? After all only set up for around 4k fans! Like said great idea and enough time to implement but is it workable within health and safety guidelines ?

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:52 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis great idea but throaght with problems? Firstly would need to give family members advanced warning they're being moved, then give them opportunity to go where they want to in ground, guess best place is corner of Ninian stand by away end as plenty spaces there.! And could the away end of ground cope with so many coaches and fans? After all only set up for around 4k fans! Like said great idea and enough time to implement but is it workable within health and safety guidelines ?

Allan,

We have had Cup Finals in our stadium with coaches from all over Spain :thumbright:

We could email/text/post to every family member telling them they will be able to swop to any other part of the ground. :bluebird:

The money raised would go to Warnocks budget :thumbright:

Health and safety No problem, the surrounding areas can cope with a 40,000 plus crowd :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

We have had Cup Finals in our stadium with coaches from all over Spain :thumbright:

We could email/text/post to every family member telling them they will be able to swop to any other part of the ground. :bluebird:

Health and safety No problem, the surrounding areas can cope with a 40,000 plus crowd :thumbright: :bluebird:

If football really is a business then business takes advantage of opportunities that come their way. The club must be able to find a way of accommodating a large amount of Newcastle fans and giving tickets (even free tickets) to season ticket holders to bring a guest. :thumbup:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:00 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

If football really is a business then business takes advantage of opportunities that come their way. The club must be able to find a way of accommodating a large amount of Newcastle fans and giving tickets (even free tickets) to season ticket holders to bring a guest. :thumbup:

Spot on Tony :thumbright: :thumbright:

Over to Ken Choo and Wayne Nash to sort it out and bring the extra needed money in :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Yes had super cup final here but that needed safety certificate because of segregation etc, and as ncastle want over double permitted allocation same thing will apply as certificate most certainly is for 4k fans not 10k? Besides h&s there's the police to consider! Like said love club to do it but it's really not as simple as giving them the tickets and moving fans? :thumbup:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:15 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Yes had super cup final here but that needed safety certificate because of segregation etc, and as ncastle want over double permitted allocation same thing will apply as certificate most certainly is for 4k fans not 10k? Besides h&s there's the police to consider! Like said love club to do it but it's really not as simple as giving them the tickets and moving fans? :thumbup:

Allan, City will be luck to get 16,000 of our own fans on a Friday night,nothing to play for and live on sky(many of our own fans words).

Our ground holds 33,500

Allan, Wayne Nash deals with crowd controlls and safety certificates every week.
This is where intelligence comes in to it and Nash and Choo earn their money to make our club money :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Where there is a will,there is a way and it can be done,but a bit of work needs to be done (that maybe our problem :lol: ) :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Allan, City will be luck to get 16,000 of our own fans on a Friday night,nothing to play for and live on sky(many of our own fans words).

Our ground holds 33,500

Allan, Wayne Nash deals with crowd controlls and safety certificates every week.
This is where intelligence comes in to it and Nash and Choo earn their money to make our club money :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Agree and don't see why club can't do it if people want it to happen ! Be nice to end season with 30k crowd set us up for next season lovely. :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:19 am

Personally, all I can see happening is the club opening the upper Ninian stand for Newcastle fans as well as the away end. That would be roughly the 10k Newcastle are after

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:21 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Our ground holds 33,500

Agree and don't see why club can't do it if people want it to happen ! Be nice to end season with 30k crowd set us up for next season lovely. :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Allan, It would be brilliant and all it needs is some work done by our staff and they have time to do it :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:23 am

It maybe that it would be too complicated to move fans from the family stand elsewhere? The ninian upper stand (red seats) would be the best bet - give them that plus the maximum room in the normal away corner area. Surely that would work out as approx 10,000?

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:25 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:It maybe that it would be too complicated to move fans from the family stand elsewhere? The ninian upper stand (red seats) would be the best bet - give them that plus the maximum room in the normal away corner area. Surely that would work out as approx 10,000?

5,000 in there, plus the away end can be made to 3,500 :thumbright:

8,500 would still me our club a lot of money :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

There are quite a few ways to do it :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:26 am

Mikey27 wrote:Personally, all I can see happening is the club opening the upper Ninian stand for Newcastle fans as well as the away end. That would be roughly the 10k Newcastle are after

Thats the hardcore of Cardiff's support, always the fullest part of the ground.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:31 am

The amount that is now in the family section we could stick em in the dug out and still have enough room for the subs :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:33 am

Nuclearblue wrote:The amount that is now in the family section we could stick em in the dug out and still have enough room for the subs :laughing6: :laughing6:

:lol:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:21 am

Imo they won't give the upper stand to them far to many issues could arise from that.

Give them the family stand and treat our family stand ST holders to seats in the upper stand at no extra cost.

That way Newcastle fans can be kept to one area and ours benefit from great seats/views.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:25 am

Move the game to the Millenium Stadium if Newcastle pay the cost, then they can bring 20K fans and I can catch the No.30 bus home :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:27 am

Why would we want to give ANY club that sort of advantage at OUR ground?

The Newcastle fans will give us stick for it all night.

Give them what Villa had.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Imo they won't give the upper stand to them far to many issues could arise from that.

Give them the family stand and treat our family stand ST holders to seats in the upper stand at no extra cost.

That way Newcastle fans can be kept to one area and ours benefit from great seats/views.

I was just about to suggest exactly the same thing. It sounds like the easiest and most practical solution. It won't give Newcastle the 10k they desire but could give them about 6 or 7k which is more than reasonable.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Imo they won't give the upper stand to them far to many issues could arise from that.

Karl, thats exactly what I said to Carl last week and I tried to say at the beginning of this topic :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

So easy to be done :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:33 am

Wayne S wrote:Why would we want to give ANY club that sort of advantage at OUR ground?

The Newcastle fans will give us stick for it all night.

Give them what Villa had.

And lose out on a big pay day?

We don't need the points.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:41 am

Foof them. I don't care about the money. No club likes us, no club does our away support any favours. Same amount as any other team I say.