' NEIL TAYLOR '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEIL TAYLOR '

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:40 am

Robert Earnshaw defends former team-mate Neil Taylor and rates Wales’ qualification chances

By Jamie Kemble

Monday 27th March 2017

Former Wales international Robert Earnshaw has defended Neil Taylor following a horrifying incident which left Ireland’s Seamus Coleman with a broken leg.

Neil Taylor’s mis-timed challenge on Ireland full-back Seamus Coleman on Friday evening was the talking point of the week.

Coleman suffered a double fracture to his tibia, and Taylor, who was red carded at the time, came under intense criticism for his challenge.

However, former team-mate Robert Earnshaw has defended Taylor and says ‘it’s an unfortunate accident’.

The Zambia-born Welsh forward who made 59 appearances for his country flew back to Wales for Kev McNaughton’s testimonial fixture with Cardiff City.

Speaking at the event, Earnshaw said: “Now people want to talk and the feeling is with Seamus Coleman and we all have to wish him the best, including Neil Taylor and the Wales team.

“No one wants to see that, no fan or no player so there doesn’t need to be a reaction. It’s an unfortunate accident that happens on a football pitch every once in a while.

“It’ll happen in 10 years time to a random player, it could be Neil Taylor or it could be anyone, it’s just a random event and it’s going to happen because there are clashes, it’s a battle and mistakes happen.

“It’s unfortunate for Seamus Coleman because he’s broke his leg and we just wish he gets back and healthy as soon as possible.”

Wales’ away draw against Republic of Ireland left their qualification hopes in the balance with four points separating Chris Coleman’s men from the top two.

But Earnshaw still believes Wales have what it takes to progress through the group.

“It’s half way and were still in a really good position, we’ve done alright and played some really good football,” he added.

“I went with Chris Coleman and the coaching staff – it was great to be in the meetings and to be in with it – they’re doing a great job and I’m confident in them.

“There are some top players and were still in a good position – we need some wins for sure, but we can do it. We are still one of the toughest to play, we don’t concede many goals, but we have match winners and that will be difference in the end, I think.”

Wales will be without Real Madrid superstar Gareth Bale for the trip to group leaders Serbia in June after he picked up a second booking of the campaign, against Ireland.

It’s caused panic amongst Wales fans but again, Earnshaw has confidence that the country he netted 16 times for between 2002 and 2012, can still take what they need from the tough looking trip.

He said: “You’ve got the likes of Aaron Ramsey who can win a game for you and it’s great to see Joe Allen, he’s so underrated and players like that can win a game for you.

“And we’ve even got The likes of Sam Vokes as well, and Hal Robson-Kanu. Tom Lawrence is a very good player but we need players to step up. Ok Gareth isn’t there, but no problem, you just have to deal with it.

“We’ve done it over the years without Mark Hughes, Ryan Giggs and Craig Bellamy. We haven’t got Gareth Bale, but we have to figure out a different plan.

“But the bigger importance is that we have to not concede goals and continue our style of football because it’s the style of play which allows Gareth to play and it makes us win, so that’s the key thing”.
Attachments
6107477064_c165a0c47c_z.jpg
6107477064_c165a0c47c_z.jpg (73.84 KiB) Viewed 1586 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' NEIL TAYLOR '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat