Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whelan elbows Joe Allen in the face

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:31 am

Whelan elbows Joe Allen in the face
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Whelan elbows Joe Allen in the face

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Not condoning Taylor's challenge, but the ref set the tone for what was acceptable by letting this deliberate elbow go unpunished with a card. Ramsey had already been kicked several times and was struggling, but from this moment on, the whole atmosphere of the match turned ugly with Wales obviously deciding to stick up for themselves following the rough stuff.

Unfortunately it spilled over with Bale lucky not to get red and Coleman ending up with his leg broken. However, nobody in the media seems to have mentioned Whelan's act of violence on his own club mate... make no mistake Ireland dished plenty out.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:03 pm

A dreadful challenge that was swept under the carpet. I wonder if Wayne (just a fat granny shagger ) will condemn this challenge as well?

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:22 am

blue for you wrote:A dreadful challenge that was swept under the carpet. I wonder if Wayne (just a fat granny shagger ) will condemn this challenge as well?

Wayne Rooneyā€¸Verified account
@WayneRooney

Follow
More
Hope seamus Coleman gets better soon. Horrible tackle

What Rooney said of the leg breaking tackle from Shawcross on Ramsey.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:17 am

Haven't seen such one sided reporting of a match in years! They were in our faces kicking Welsh players from behind on a regular basis, the elbow incident hasn't been mentioned anywhere O'Neil was asked several times what he thought of bale/Taylor tackles but nothing about elbow !!!!! :o

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:23 am

Shocking elbow, no doubting the intent and could of easily broke Allen's jaw. Of course Whelen should have been sent off but the more concerning aspect for me is the institutional hypocrisy from the footballing powers that be. I include the journalists in that.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:05 pm

epping blue wrote:Shocking elbow, no doubting the intent and could of easily broke Allen's jaw. Of course Whelen should have been sent off but the more concerning aspect for me is the institutional hypocrisy from the footballing powers that be. I include the journalists in that.

Irish journalists and pundits have a history of going OTT when they feel hard done by. Look at the ourage when Gatland dropped O'driscoll for the 3rd test in Australia and when Thierry Henry handled the ball in the move that led to a goal which effectively knocked the Irish out of world cup qualification (or was it the Euros? ...who cares) They were printing T-shirts about it lol.