Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Hull City Take Cardiff/Wales 18 year old Goalie '

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:33 am

Hull City take Cardiff's Wales under-19 international goal-keeper Scott Coughlan on trial

Scott Coughlan is 18 years old and is currently a Cardiff City player and rated very highly.

HITC

Tuesday 28th March 2017

Hull City have taken Cardiff's Scott Coughlan on trial.

Hull City have taken Cardiff City youngster Scott Coughlan on trial, the Hull Daily Mail reports.

Coughlan is a Wales under-19 international, who turned 18 last month.

The goalkeeper started for Hull's under-23 game against Millwall last night, a match which ended up being abandoned after a late melee between the two teams.

Hull were leading 2-1 at the time, with the paper noting an 'excellent save' made by the trialist midway through the second half.

Coughlan has also represented Wales at under-17 level, and is described by Cardiff's City's official website in glowing terms.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Hull City Take Cardiff/Wales 18 year old Goalie '

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:03 am

Great opportunity for Scott but we should be keeping hold of the promising youngsters.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:04 am

Penyfai Blue wrote:Great opportunity for Scott but we should be keeping hold of the promising youngsters.

Totally agree, we've got to start building ourselves now, thats what I thought our new set up was about under Craig Bellamy?

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:05 am

Interesting he gone to Hull...with us being more than happy to take either Marshall or McGregor off them next season.

Probably nothing in it, but it's a bit of a coincidence

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:30 am

Isn't there this new rule where teams in the Premier League can basically nab lower division youngsters without needing the club's permission. They just have to pay the compensation? I could be wrong. I probably am. It could be a rule for tier 1 academy teams only, which I don't think Hull possesses, but I wouldn't be surprised if our hands are tied on this one.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:59 am

This is ridiculous - let's be totally honest isn't this lad going to get a better education and first team chance staying within the cardiff setup as apprise to joining a team realistically punching above their own weight and no better setup than us?!
Whoever advises these kids on these stupid moves needs a ban!!

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:14 am

Another young player on his way as part of the youth clear out under Bellamy -

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:10 am

grange_end1927 wrote:Another young player on his way as part of the youth clear out under Bellamy -

I don't believe this part of the 'clear out' at the Academy. We've now (potentially) lost two promising players to Premier League clubs in recent weeks and I don't think there is much anyone (other than the boy refusing to go) could have done to stop it :(

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:29 pm

Premier league club at the moment,but I believe they ll be back in the championship next season,bit of a side way move and a bit pointless,sums up cardiff if they start losing these players to teams like hull

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:Great opportunity for Scott but we should be keeping hold of the promising youngsters.

Agree :thumbup:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Maybe I don't understand how the system works anymore, but if he's 18 then he's on a professional contract, correct? So he can only move to Hull if we have given the green light no?

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Thought he's only on trial there and hasn't signed for them ? people Jumping gun a bit? :roll:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:53 pm

I believe Bellers thinks there is a better keeper a year or so younger who got more chance of making it. The lad going to Hull also a bit of a wild one.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:57 pm

Buchy's Boots wrote:I believe Bellers thinks there is a better keeper a year or so younger who got more chance of making it. The lad going to Hull also a bit of a wild one.

What a world we now live in, where Bellamy is slinging players for being wild ones! Haha