A forum for all things Cardiff City

' FABIO DA SILVA '

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:58 am

When Fabio played for Cardiff up for goal of the year :thumbright:

I was there that night away at Boro with 89 Cardiff Fans

What a goal by Fabio :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fabio Da Silva (Cardiff) goal v Middlesbrough - 23/02/16

See the goal and vote for Fabio

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co. ... ?a=7522687 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mitre Goal of the Year:

Tuesday 28th Match 2017

' 10-goal shortlist '

Adam Hammill (Barnsley) v Millwall - 29/05/16
Steve Sidwell (Brighton) v Bristol City - 05/11/16
Lee Tomlin (Bristol City) v Huddersfield - 30/04/2016
Fabio Da Silva (Cardiff) v Middlesbrough - 23/02/16
Darren Bent (Derby County) v Wolves - 05/11/16
Nathan Thomas (Hartlepool) v Grimsby - 01/10/2016
Stephen O`Donnell (Luton) v Yeovil - 13/08/2016
Ricky Holmes (Northampton) v Leyton Orient - 13/02/16
Wes Hoolahan (Norwich) v Rotherham - 15/10/16
Michael Doyle (Portsmouth) v Accrington - 08/03/16
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' FABIO DA SILVA '

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:05 am

He's not really stood out at boro has he, wonder if the move was worth it? I loved Fabio I'd take him back in a heartbeat

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:02 am

Blue_Barber wrote:He's not really stood out at boro has he, wonder if the move was worth it? I loved Fabio I'd take him back in a heartbeat

Fabio got injured within weeks, then played he was ok, but did not stand out.
For me Fabio is top Championship player, but just not up there to be a quality Premier player.
Warnock could of done wonders with him.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:He's not really stood out at boro has he, wonder if the move was worth it? I loved Fabio I'd take him back in a heartbeat

For me Fabio is top Championship player, but just not up there to be a quality Premier player.

Voted for the Fabio goal! :ayatollah:

Bring him home to the Salsa Stadium! :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 am

havent payed much attention, but did know an injury had kept him out for a length of time. just looked at their stats 19 apps all in starting 11 bar for one. only 4 Boro players have played more so when you consider time out through the injury he must be doing a steady if not spectacular job in a pretty poor team.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

From what ive read the fans seem to like Fabio at Boro.

Im not sure he is a Warnock type player though, Warnock generally likes his fullbacks to be strong and dependable. Connolly and Peltier used a lot. I'm not even sure Warnock is convinced on Bennett yet.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Voted for the Fabio goal! :ayatollah:

Bring him home to the Salsa Stadium! :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

:thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Im not sure he is a Warnock type player though, Warnock generally likes his fullbacks to be strong and dependable. Connolly and Peltier used a lot. I'm not even sure Warnock is convinced on Bennett yet.

You can't help but like Fabio.

Luke, Warnock likes Junior Hoilett and Fabio is similar, Fabio gives 100% every time :thumbright:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:37 pm

One of those players that divides fans opinion

Good going forward and had a lot of energy, although final ball was not always as good as the run to get into that position.

At times his defending was woeful but because he wore his heart on his sleeve fans overlooked it.

Not sure if anyone has watched the last couple of MOTD and Goals on Sunday but he got some serious criticism for being out of positioning costing Middlesbrough points.

Agree probably a good championship player but no more than that

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Cracking hair,great name, obviously Brazilian but, overly committed, so often on his arse when he should be defending

Wouldn't be a Warnock type player as he struggles to do the main part of his defenders job,defending

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:40 pm

I was there that night, was begging for him not to shoot but in shock when it went in.

Similar to when Juan Cala scores at Southampton, a lot of us groaned when he lined up the shot but what a goal that was too.

Great goal :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You can't help but like Fabio.

Luke, Warnock likes Junior Hoilett and Fabio is similar, Fabio gives 100% every time :thumbright:

Warnock likes his defenders to defend first and foremost unless he planned on playing him further forward.

He was my fav player for us, real quality but honestly don't see him in a Warnock style team.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:57 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I was there that night, was begging for him not to shoot but in shock when it went in.

Similar to when Juan Cala scores at Southampton, a lot of us groaned when he lined up the shot but what a goal that was too.

Great goal :ayatollah:

You certainly were Ned and when it went in the 89 Cardiff fans went wild :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:34 am

[quote="Forever Blue"]When Fabio played for Cardiff up for goal of the year :thumbright:

I was there that night away at Boro with 89 Cardiff Fans

What a goal by Fabio :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fabio Da Silva (Cardiff) goal v Middlesbrough - 23/02/16

See the goal and vote for Fabio

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co. ... ?a=7522687 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mitre Goal of the Year:

Tuesday 28th Match 2017

' 10-goal shortlist '

Adam Hammill (Barnsley) v Millwall - 29/05/16
Steve Sidwell (Brighton) v Bristol City - 05/11/16
Lee Tomlin (Bristol City) v Huddersfield - 30/04/2016
Fabio Da Silva (Cardiff) v Middlesbrough - 23/02/16
Darren Bent (Derby County) v Wolves - 05/11/16
Nathan Thomas (Hartlepool) v Grimsby - 01/10/2016
Stephen O`Donnell (Luton) v Yeovil - 13/08/2016
Ricky Holmes (Northampton) v Leyton Orient - 13/02/16
Wes Hoolahan (Norwich) v Rotherham - 15/10/16
Michael Doyle (Portsmouth) v Accrington - 08/03/16[/quo
I was there that night as well Annis was up the top. Quality goal. And Lyndon with a coffee ? #against modernfootball :lol: :lol: :lol: