Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY PLAYER LEAVES PERMANENTLY "

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Rotherham United: Ajayi signs permanent Millers contract

Rotherham United have signed loan centre-half Semi Ajayi on a three-year deal.

The 23-year-old has played nine times for the Millers since joining from Championship rivals Cardiff City in the January transfer window.

Despite mistakes in his last two matches which have led to goals, the former Arsenal youngster has impressed with his pace and strength at the heart of the Rotherham defence.

Caretaker boss Paul Warne said: “Since he has come into the club, he has done really well.

“He always wants to play, even when he has been sore after games. That is the kind of mentality that we want here, I think you can really judge someone’s character from their desire to go through the pain barrier for the team.

“Semi has done well but we are all working hard with him so he keeps improving.”

The Millers are poised to be relegated from the second tier and Ajayi, whose deal runs until the summer of 2020, could be a key man in League One next season.

His contract with Neil Warnock’s Bluebirds, for whom he never made a first-team appearance, was due to expire this summer.

Re: CITY PLAYER SIGNS FOR MILLERS...

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Well he turned out to be an absolute waste of money...

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Pre season he was getting loads of glowing reports but he hasn't had a snow ff during the season - I'd have liked to see him instead of Connolly - he can now go on and pick up his career in league one

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Rotherham United are hoping new boy Semi Ajayi will give them plenty to shout about in League One next season. The centre-half has signed a three-year permanent deal after impressing for the Championship club since joining them on loan from Cardiff City in the January transfer window.
The Millers are poised for relegation and see Ajayi as a key figure in their bid to regain their second-tier status next term ... as long as they can get the 23-year-old to raise his voice more. “Semi has done well but we are all working hard with him so he keeps improving,” said caretaker manager Paul Warne, who could be confirmed as full-time boss next week. “The staff are trying to get him to be more vocal, and he is coming along well with that side of his game.” Ajayi arrived at New York Stadium having never made a first-team appearance for the Bluebirds. Despite his lack of experience, in his nine games with Rotherham he has shown the pace and power that Warne wants to make a feature of his team. “He is at a good age. He fits into the type of players that we are looking to sign here,” the interim boss said. “He is athletic, quick and he has fitted well into the group. He has proved he can compete at Championship level, so he will be a great permanent addition. We are delighted to have him on board for the future. He’s a great kid and all the staff really like him.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:18 pm

KWest wrote:Well he turned out to be an absolute waste of money...

Another pointless signing.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:53 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Tony, We have signed a lot of them in recent years and thankfully now we have a manager who will put an end to that :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:53 am

Tony, We have signed a lot of them in recent years and thankfully now we have a manager who will put an end to that :thumbright: :bluebird:

Re: " CARDIFF CITY PLAYER LEAVES PERMANENTLY "

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:38 am

What a shame

Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:27 am

RageJon wrote:What a shame

It is a shame as he could be playing for us with a view to developing an outstanding player.

However, since joining as 'one for the future' his time here has been totally pointless and we have not benefited at all.

I don't even know if we can insist on a sell on clause?

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:40 pm

RageJon wrote:What a shame

It is a shame as he could be playing for us with a view to developing an outstanding player.

However, since joining as 'one for the future' his time here has been totally pointless and we have not benefited at all.

I don't even know if we can insist on a sell on clause?

I agree but also see we need to create funds from any angle

I thought he would be back next season with a chance

I really hope they don't let kennedy go