Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why not McAleny?

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:48 pm

McAleny got a hat-trick last night, on loan at Oxford Utd. He's been scoring for fun in League One and I thought he was very good for us. Perfect number ten, playing behind Zohore and I doubt if Everton will keep him.
Thoughts anyone?

Re: Why not McAleny?

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Not good enough to be a top championship player in my view

22 years old and nowhere near the Everton first team.

Thought he was fairly skilful but way too lightweight for a full season in the championship when he was on loan with us..very much like Joe Mason just can't cut it at this level

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:33 pm

I guess he'd add a little when it comes to strength in depth

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:53 pm

A very good footballer who rarely gave the ball away and had a decent end product. No idea how League 1 Oxford managed to get him on loan, he's easily good enough for the Championship.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Except....he did cut it at our level. Scored a few and looked a very creative player.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:58 am

bluemun wrote:Except....he did cut it at our level. Scored a few and looked a very creative player.

exactly, he was very good for us, had some real quality. But his injuries have held him back so to say because 22 means he's not good enough and he's nowhere near the Everton team means absolutely nothing.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:27 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:A very good footballer who rarely gave the ball away and had a decent end product. No idea how League 1 Oxford managed to get him on loan, he's easily good enough for the Championship.

agree. i doubt we will sign him but its players not good enough for the likes of Everton that we will be signing. anyone that thinks different is going to be suicidal come August.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:55 pm

His contract expires at the end of the season too, wouldn't be a bad player to get for free! :bluescarf: