Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BLAKEY ON NEIL TAYLOR SITUATION

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:57 pm

Wales players have been on the wrong end of some vicious verbal abuse this week and I can't stand to see it.

There's no way Republic of Ireland's players would hold the same opinion as the Irish media and supporters who have criticised Neil Taylor the way they have.

Ashley Williams reveals Neil Taylor wanted to visit Everton pal Seamus Coleman in hospital after red card challenge

As a player, unless there's previous angst or some niggling history between the sides, you take the situation at face value. It was a late, heavy challenge on Seamus Coleman, but no more.

Taylor doesn't have that in his character — he's had a bad leg break himself in the past — and there was no malice in the tackle. It was a freak accident and I think the players accept that.

From a former player's perspective, you always think something could go wrong.

It's sickening and shameful that people have suggested Taylor did it on purpose. To judge a player and put him in that category is plain wrong.

Re: BLAKEY ON NEIL TAYLOR SITUATION

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Sven wrote:Wales players have been on the wrong end of some vicious verbal abuse this week and I can't stand to see it.

There's no way Republic of Ireland's players would hold the same opinion as the Irish media and supporters who have criticised Neil Taylor the way they have.

Ashley Williams reveals Neil Taylor wanted to visit Everton pal Seamus Coleman in hospital after red card challenge

As a player, unless there's previous angst or some niggling history between the sides, you take the situation at face value. It was a late, heavy challenge on Seamus Coleman, but no more.

Taylor doesn't have that in his character — he's had a bad leg break himself in the past — and there was no malice in the tackle. It was a freak accident and I think the players accept that.

From a former player's perspective, you always think something could go wrong.

It's sickening and shameful that people have suggested Taylor did it on purpose. To judge a player and put him in that category is plain wrong.

Sven, Neil Taylor is a f*cking idiot. Blakey can say what he wants, and Taylor can cry to high heaven about how upset he is, the bottom line is, he doesn't learn from his mistakes. He could have cost us our place in the Premier league when he was sent off after just 2 mins in the away leg semi final at Forest, and whilst he has himself suffered a long term injury due too a broken ankle, that again was his own fault by making a very rash challenge in which he obviously came off worse. He's a hot head, and a dangerous one at that.