Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SHEFF WEDS (AWAY)

Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Tickets now available for City's game with Sheffield Wednesday (Away) on Friday, 14th April 2017. KO: 3pm

Tickets available to current Season Ticket Holders and current Gold / Junior Bluebird Members

Ticket Prices:

Adults: £36.00
Senior Citizens (65+): £26.00
Under 21: £26.00
Under 17: £15.00
Under 11: £10.00
Under 5: £5.00*
*Under 5 – Not available on match-day

Disabled Allocations:

Prices as listed above + Carer: free of charge

Re: SHEFF WEDS (AWAY)

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:14 pm

People will complain about our following to this match when they charge ridiculous prices even ! :evil:

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:33 pm

£36 ffs .are they charging their own fans the same?.its a dump of a stadium .

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:47 pm

skiprat wrote:£36 ffs .are they charging their own fans the same?.its a dump of a stadium .

Never worth it at that price should just say stick your prices up your kop!! And boycott them. :twisted:

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:19 pm

I thought they'd made this a low category game and therefore they were charging their fans cheap prices?

I also thought that they couldn't charge away fans more than home fans for an equivalent section of the ground?

So are their fans behind the opposite goal paying £36?

And how much did we charge their fans when they came here earlier in the season?

These Yorkshire clubs are an absolute f*cking disgrace when it comes to charging away fans. Why doesn't the League do something about it?

:evil:

Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:00 pm

36 quid
Good Friday my arse

Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:07 pm

Should be giving tickets for free as it's a bank holiday wkend Nightmare drive! Wouldn't catch me going that far at holiday time .. :old:

Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:14 pm

I will be there with my little pick and shovel :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:55 pm

f**k em the greedy twats

Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:02 pm

davids wrote:I thought they'd made this a low category game and therefore they were charging their fans cheap prices?

I also thought that they couldn't charge away fans more than home fans for an equivalent section of the ground?

And how much did we charge their fans when they came here earlier in the season?

These Yorkshire clubs are an absolute f*cking disgrace when it comes to charging away fans. Why doesn't the League do something about it?

well i thought the equivalent price for an equivalent seat was a rule but the tickets behind the other goal are 33 quid.?
36 and 39 on the sides.
and some of our fans think 300 quid for a ST is expensive.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:04 am

If I wanted to go with my 3 lads it'd be £87. f**k that

Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:25 am

Would cost me £118 for me and the family,plus the cost of travelling. Sod that.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:36 am

When are our numpty club officials going to learn?

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:People will complain about our following to this match when they charge ridiculous prices even ! :evil:

Allan, average away support to Sheffield Wednesday this season even at their prices is over 2,000 fans.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:13 pm

davids wrote:I thought they'd made this a low category game and therefore they were charging their fans cheap prices?

David, they are and it would of been nice if they had passed it on to our fans as well.

I dont agree with over £30 a ticket in the Championship.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:People will complain about our following to this match when they charge ridiculous prices even ! :evil:

Allan, average away support to Sheffield Wednesday this season even at their prices is over 2,000 fans.

In fairness though Annis, that figure is massively inflated by the fact they have 7 home games this season where the away team is less than an hour away and a further 7 that are less than 2 hours so the average away attendance at Hillsborough is bound to be high.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:29 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

In fairness though Annis, that figure is massively inflated by the fact they have 7 home games this season where the away team is less than an hour away and a further 7 that are less than 2 hours so the average away attendance at Hillsborough is bound to be high.

Ok fair enough, but even many clubs 200 miles away take a 1,000 plus fans to Wednesday.
In the Prem, we were taking 2,000 and 3,000 fans away at £50 a ticket, no complaints then.

I totally agree Wednesday are over priced, I have been there 14 times and I have seen us take from 250 fans to 2,500 fans over the yesrs.

If its distance. Even in lower divisions and Non leagues clubs take 400-1,000 Away fans hundreds of miles away.

The truth is we have lost many of our hard core fan base.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ok fair enough, but even many clubs 200 miles away take a 1,000 plus fans to Wednesday.
In the Prem, we were taking 2,000 and 3,000 fans away at £50 a ticket, no complaints then.

I totally agree Wednesday are over priced, I have been there 14 times and I have seen us take from 250 fans to 2,500 fans over the yesrs.

If its distance. Even in lower divisions and Non leagues clubs take 400-1,000 Away fans hundreds of miles away.

No I agree, I was just pointing it out though how close some teams are to them :thumbup:

IMO we have an 'eventist' fan base, I have only been to Hillsborough twice, the year we lost on the final day when I think 3,500 went and the year we went up to the Premiership when from memory I think we took around 1,000.

People will always find an excuse that suits them, some will be genuine mind, the cost one doesn't wash with me though for the reasons you point out yourself and that is why I say that a large % of our away fans, and fans in general are 'eventists', to be honest, I suppose I am one of them myself to a certain degree, there is absolutely nothing on this game so the likelihood of me spending the money that it would cost is highly unlikely whereas if there was something on the game I would more than likely go so if I said I am not going because of the cost of the ticket I would be lying.

There honesty for you :thumbup:

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

yes bet it is but as you know thats inflated by closeness of clubs to them like leeds huddsfield ect! bet if you take all the teams who have been to wed and see how many of their fans they took to us compared to going to wed you will see a massive difference in numbers? what does that tell you???? :thumbup:

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

yes bet it is but as you know thats inflated by closeness of clubs to them like leeds huddsfield ect! bet if you take all the teams who have been to wed and see how many of their fans they took to us compared to going to wed you will see a massive difference in numbers? what does that tell you???? :thumbup:

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:08 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No I agree, I was just pointing it out though how close some teams are to them :thumbup:

IMO we have an 'eventist' fan base, I have only been to Hillsborough twice, the year we lost on the final day when I think 3,500 went and the year we went up to the Premiership when from memory I think we took around 1,000.

People will always find an excuse that suits them, some will be genuine mind, the cost one doesn't wash with me though for the reasons you point out yourself and that is why I say that a large % of our away fans, and fans in general are 'eventists', to be honest, I suppose I am one of them myself to a certain degree, there is absolutely nothing on this game so the likelihood of me spending the money that it would cost is highly unlikely whereas if there was something on the game I would more than likely go so if I said I am not going because of the cost of the ticket I would be lying.

There honesty for you :thumbup:

Fair play total honesty and it's really the truth :thumbright:

My last few years that I lived in Cardiff, thanks to the Rebrand,Redrigade,Tan and our policy of virtually killing of the atmosphere, made me start thinking it was chore watching City, rather than enjoying it and loving it, but my loyalty kept me going. Now that I am away from it more, I could pull away from them more easier nowadays as I realise, they don't care about loyalty.