Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CRAIG BELLAMY'S COMPANY GOES BUST '

Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:27 pm

HOMES DEFEAT FOR BELLAMY Former Wales footie ace Craig Bellamy’s firm goes bust with debts of £1.8million

Ex-Premier League star’s company Digger 39 Ltd but has been hit with a High Court winding-up order following unpaid bills

EXCLUSIVE

By Richard Moriarty

30th March 2017

FORMER footie ace Craig Bellamy’s development firm has gone bust with debts of £1.8million.

The ex-Premier League star’s Digger 39 Ltd started work on five new luxury apartments in his home City Cardiff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CRAIG BELLAMY'S COMPANY GOES BUST

Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Bells ACADEMY went bust not long ago as well.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Hope bellers hasnt wasted all the money he earned

Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:Hope bellers hasnt wasted all the money he earned

I don't think the African Academy was a 'waste', wez :?

Certainly not for the want of trying. He must be devastated that it failed :cry:

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:33 pm

His house is worth well over £1.2 million. Maybe there is more to the company going bust than just him pumping money into something any longer and getting nothing back. Loads do similar, just he is a celebrity and the press love a story like this!

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Dai Drope wrote:His house is worth well over £1.2 million. Maybe there is more to the company going bust than just him pumping money into something any longer and getting nothing back. Loads do similar, just he is a celebrity and the press love a story like this!

Wouldn't be surprised if he's a partner in business and not sole owner!

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:HOMES DEFEAT FOR BELLAMY Former Wales footie ace Craig Bellamy’s firm goes bust with debts of £1.8million
Ex-Premier League star’s company Digger 39 Ltd but has been hit with a High Court winding-up order following unpaid bills
EXCLUSIVE

By Richard Moriarty

30th March 2017

Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
FORMER footie ace Craig Bellamy’s development firm has gone bust with debts of £1.8million.

The ex-Premier League star’s Digger 39 Ltd started work on five new luxury apartments in his home city Cardiff.

The liquidation happened over two months ago. David Hill and Huw Powell of Begbies are the liquidators

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Sven wrote:

Certainly not for the want of trying. He must be devastated that it failed :cry:

the idea was fantastic but probably ill thought through it was always going to need a continuous stream of money ploughed in .
the article in the press dwelled on the downsides i hope there were also beneficiaries .
i think what wez was getting at is that we often see football millionaires blowing fortunes on booze,drugs,gambling and high living be a real shame to see one broke through trying to do good.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

Exactly what i was saying

the idea was fantastic but probably ill thought through it was always going to need a continuous stream of money ploughed in .
the article in the press dwelled on the downsides i hope there were also beneficiaries .
i think what wez was getting at is that we often see football millionaires blowing fortunes on booze,drugs,gambling and high living be a real shame to see one broke through trying to do good.

Exactly what i was saying

Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:52 pm

hes doing exactly what swansea town done, go into liquidation, pass your assets, in to another name, and hey, once the baliffs have been around, you can offer them a price , to stop it going to court, seen it before, its the new wave in buisness, bellamy has been lectured on this, owes a building company, travis perkings, 1. 5 million,, this is how the rich live, me and you wont get away with it, take our houses, cars, you got the top people behind you, and you got money, the world is your oyster, :roll:

Re: ' CRAIG BELLAMY'S COMPANY GOES BUST '

Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:54 pm

So a lot of people are owed money,£1.8 million's worth :o

Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Bellars is a director of a number of companies including those below.
A lot of those directorships with the film companies include involvement from other footballers.

PIER 64 LIMITED (09337429)
CBF ENTERPRISES LIMITED (08880856)
C D BELLAMY LIMITED (05726596)
CHERWELL FILMS LLP (OC307696)
ORWELL FILMS LLP (OC307697)
PISCES FILMS LLP (OC304205)
STUART FILMS LLP (OC301881)
TUDOR FILMS LLP (OC301885)
ZEUS FILMS LLP (OC301879)

Insolvency for DIGGER 39 LIMITED (08260637)
Case number 1 — Compulsory liquidation 
Petition date 28 October 2016
Commencement of winding up 3 November 2016
Practitioner The Official Receiver Or London
2nd Floor, 4 Abbey Orchard Street, Westminster, London, SW1P 2HT
Practitioner Huw Powell 1st Floor North Anchor Court, Keen Road, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, CF24 5JW

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:17 pm

The building firm is kind of linked to the Sierra Leone academy he set up, his partner in the digger39 business was working out in Sierra Leone and that's why Craig went out, 10% of all profits of the building firm were to go to the academy in Sierra Leone.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:30 pm

I hope none of those film companies are anything like this one.

http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser ... nt/a956187

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Wayne S wrote:I hope none of those film companies are anything like this one.

http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser ... nt/a956187

I believe they are.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:03 am

ninianblue wrote:hes doing exactly what swansea town done, go into liquidation, pass your assets, in to another name, and hey, once the baliffs have been around, you can offer them a price , to stop it going to court, seen it before, its the new wave in buisness, bellamy has been lectured on this, owes a building company, travis perkings, 1. 5 million,, this is how the rich live, me and you wont get away with it, take our houses, cars, you got the top people behind you, and you got money, the world is your oyster, :roll:

It doesn't quite work like that. If you have personal loans in your name then yes you are personally liable for them and bailiffs can remove goods, seize assets or sell your home etc.

However, CB has set up a Limited Company which means any liabilities are limited to the value of the shares in the Company. It is highly likely that the shares in this Company are worth next to nothing, a couple of hundred pounds at most and that would be CB's personal liability if he was the sole share owner, unless he has personally guaranteed any loans which again would be highly unlikely. It is also possible that he is one of the creditors who is owed money by the Company.

The law allows is to happen to encourage entrepreneurs with start up Companies otherwise the economy wouldn't grow because of those which do succeed. Starting a business is fraught with difficulties without running the risk of losing your home/savings and that is why the Limited Company status exists.

Mind you that doesn't stop some people taking the piss and 'phoenix' Companies are a real problem. Also a certain ex-CEO of ours took advantage to write off thousands in unpaid tax.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:10 am

WelshPatriot wrote:The building firm is kind of linked to the Sierra Leone academy he set up, his partner in the digger39 business was working out in Sierra Leone and that's why Craig went out, 10% of all profits of the building firm were to go to the academy in Sierra Leone.

Good post.

The Sierra Leone project was a great idea and CB should receive nothing but praise for his involvement although I'm not quite convinced that he did put in over a £1m. The actual hard cash figure is probably a lot lower than that with the rest made up in time given freely to the project, but still he does deserve full praise for his efforts.

However, long term the project would have needed steady income streams and one would have been the 10% quoted above. It is my understanding that local business would have also contributed but their support was not forthcoming and thus the project was doomed to fail.

A real shame.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:12 am

grange_end1927 wrote:No wonder he took the job at Cardiff as manager of all our youth, he was desperate

I very much doubt that is the case. Mind you he is still young and does need to earn a living if only to keep himself occupied. I really hope he makes it but as we know football management is a hard nut to crack although coaching can be very rewarding.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:16 am

Certainly not for the want of trying. He must be devastated that it failed
gclub คา สิ โน ออนไลน์