Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "FIRST TIME IN 20 YEARS"

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:PR met DJ first and spoke at long lengths at what was going wrong.

DJ was then invited at the last moment to the meeting, but kept his mouth shut through out.

PR Ripped in to the players beyond belief and said "Its The First Time in 20 Years I Have Had to Do This"

Your a Disgrace, you loose to little Clubs, I am getting this Club in Debt by paying you all high wages.
I have received over 500 emails, phone calls,texts from Angry Fans.
I run this Club .
If You Dont Want to play for Cardiff City SAY NOW and PUT YOUR SELF ON THE TRANSFER LIST.
Apparently he continued on and on and ripped in to them.

MY OPINION, Fair Play to Him, THEY NEEDED TO BE TOLD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Copyright.

did anyone want to be Transfer Listed? I Bet Not :lol:

Thanks for the heads up btw...

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:25 pm

hailesy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:PR met DJ first and spoke at long lengths at what was going wrong.

DJ was then invited at the last moment to the meeting, but kept his mouth shut through out.

PR Ripped in to the players beyond belief and said "Its The First Time in 20 Years I Have Had to Do This"

Your a Disgrace, you loose to little Clubs, I am getting this Club in Debt by paying you all high wages.
I run this Club .
If You Dont Want to play for Cardiff City SAY NOW and PUT YOUR SELF ON THE TRANSFER LIST.

MY OPINION, Fair Play to Him, THEY NEEDED TO BE TOLD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Copyright.

Total silence on that.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:40 pm

I run this Club .

Copyright.

So basicly, PR has done what Jones SHOULD be doing? Say's it all I suppose. :twisted:

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:47 pm

So, if Jones does go, we have a perfect stand in for the rest of the season

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:So, if Jones does go, we have a perfect stand in for the rest of the season

No, but team motivation is part of DJ's job description surely?

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:55 pm

What i cant work out is why is pr ripping into the players. Surely that's the job of our clueless spineless manager, or is'nt he up to giving the full hairdryer treatment :?:

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:58 pm

I wonder if DJ felt undermined in any way? Certainly, if I was paid to do a job and my boss, in not so many words, said "Stand aside, if you can't do your job and tell the players what's what, I will", my nose would be severely put out of joint

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Sounds to me that Rids is realising that this team aint going knowhere under this manager and the premiership gamble with season tickets looks a long way away.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Taffs Well Bluebird wrote:and the premiership gamble with season tickets looks a long way away.

Something he was hoping for so he won't be out of pocket?

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:13 pm

Something has gotta give here. Either the players will pay attention and put in a full shift every game (even then Mr 4-4-2 can fugg it up and we will still lose loads of points) or it will go the other way and they will revolt. To me it looks like the players have lost confidence in their manager and if anything is going to be done i.e. a new manager it needs to be done pronto as the transfer window opens again at midnight tomorrow.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:24 pm

So The Riddler gave DJ a little slap on the wrist.

I'm sure DJ will pass it on to his backroom team and they'll all get a similr little slap.

The players were lined up by the Riddler and told to pull their fingers out - wow.

Probably half of them now don't give a monkey's nuts about the club and want to move on.

The other half have never given a monkey's nuts anyway

It all adds up to utter disaster. Changes need to be made and need to be made now.

There is a cancer within the club and it needs to be dealt with - talking will cure nothing.

Mr Ridsdale - grow some balls and sort it NOW

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:35 pm

I know its been said before but the events of the last few days go to prove what we all know that Mr Jones is totally nd utterly incapable of providing any form of motivation to this team or this club.

It comes to something when the Chairman has to attempt to do this.

If we are to move on this has to be the end of the road for some members of this club - £800k a year is an awful lot of money to pay some one incapable of doing their job.

Especially when there are better people out there who would do a better job for less.

The question is not can we afford to get rid of the manager rather can we afford not to????

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 pm

I run this Club .

Copyright.

Annis,

It's not the first time at all, let alone twenty years. It's a trait of Peter's when under the cosh himself. Fans, DTI, Revenue, it's all getting to mim again clearly.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

I run this Club .

Yes Hudson said you dont saying anything when we beat teams like WBA or Boro Away.

Copyright.

did any of the players say anything

Hudson is spot on too.
We all need to take the rough with the smooth. The last 2 results have been gutting, but overall we are still not too badly off, and they come on top of the best pair of away wins I can remember seeing at this club.

All this Ridsdale ripping into the players and then letting people know he did it leaves a bitter taste with me.

1. Its DJs job to deal with the players. If PR isnt happy with this he should take it up with him.
2. Whatever is said between them should be kept between them and not publicised.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

I run this Club .

Yes Hudson said you dont saying anything when we beat teams like WBA or Boro Away.

Copyright.

did any of the players say anything

Hudson is spot on too.
We all need to take the rough with the smooth. The last 2 results have been gutting, but overall we are still not too badly off, and they come on top of the best pair of away wins I can remember seeing at this club.

All this Ridsdale ripping into the players and then letting people know he did it leaves a bitter taste with me.

1. Its DJs job to deal with the players. If PR isnt happy with this he should take it up with him.
2. Whatever is said between them should be kept between them and not publicised.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:11 pm

I have always been Honest and Open about PR, I am Glad he did this Today as those players needed telling.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have always been Honest and Open about PR, I am Glad he did this Today as those players needed telling.

But surely Annis, this should be Jonses job? I bet DJ must feel like a right prat now.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:18 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I have always been Honest and Open about PR, I am Glad he did this Today as those players needed telling.

But surely Annis, this should be Jonses job? I bet DJ must feel like a right prat now.

Uncle Fester thats why I dont rate DJ as he doesnt seem to have the passion/bottle etc.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:31 pm

i bet DJ just stood in the corner with his jacket zipped up covering his mouth, saying f**k all like he does 3-5pm every saturday. if players had any respect at all for DJ that will have now gone, not only has PR bollocked the players (rightfully) but to do the job of DJ and say what DJ should be saying, really makes DJ look a ****! DJ will have felt undermimed infront of everyone, be prepared for a passionless (on field) performance at brizzle as DJ has said his focus is on the league, that doesnt help staff/players mindset..................hope im proved wrong! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:40 pm

milly44 wrote:i bet DJ just stood in the corner with his jacket zipped up covering his mouth, saying f**k all like he does 3-5pm every saturday. if players had any respect at all for DJ that will have now gone, not only has PR bollocked the players (rightfully) but to do the job of DJ and say what DJ should be saying, really makes DJ look a ****! DJ will have felt undermimed infront of everyone, be prepared for a passionless (on field) performance at brizzle as DJ has said his focus is on the league, that doesnt help staff/players mindset..................hope im proved wrong! :ayatollah:

it's like a teacher sending for the headmaster cos he can't control the kids. The headmaster gives emm a bollocking and as soon as he leaves the room mayhem ensues once more (I know cos I was in that class, ooh how many years ago was it? :lol: ). Sorry I never rated him tactically,as a motivator, his stats dont stand up to scrutiny and now he has no authority. He's a lame duck manager, time to go.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:47 pm

' i hatealiens' i couldnt think of a scenerio but that sounds about right...

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:49 pm

milly44 wrote:' i hatealiens' i couldnt think of a scenerio but that sounds about right...

I knew I would benefit from the clay class one day :lol:

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:46 am

Tim (Lawnmower), Honestly he never told anyone.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:20 am

I'd love to know where this story come from, how you guys can find out what went on in a private meeting is amazing! feel free to PM me how it all came about!

I think Jones should take a long look at himself for having to get the chairman to step in, like someone posted, it's the teacher can't control them so the headmaster comes in. Pathetic.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:38 am

Can I just mention about something that has slightly put me off a bit?

I will support Jones until our last game in May because I gave my word I would support him and the lads until then. However, it worried me when Jones said he and the coaching staff gave the players orders at half time and none of them listened...

What does that say about the relationship between the manager and the players? I get the impression the players have started taking the piss and PR stepped in to remind them that they're paid by the club and they are managed by DJ.

I have to agree with Ridsdale, the players need to grow the f**k up. Ok, so they don't like DJ... how many of us like our bosses? They need to get their heads down, remember us fans are paying their wages and then play for us, not themselves!

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:33 pm

hailesy wrote:

I run this Club .

Copyright.