Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TWO BIG NAME CARDIFF PLAYERS SET TO LEAVE "

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:12 am

It' looks like both of these big name Cardiff players will be finding new clubs in June, both apperently do not figure in Warnock's plans for next season.

Anthony Pilkington and Craig Noone could be on their way out.

City would save about £50,000 a week.

Re: " TWO BIG NAME CARDIFF PLAYERS SET TO LEAVE "

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:46 am

Good :wave:

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:58 am

Both have had some great times and some not so great times here, I respect them both tho as hardworking players and wish them all the best but they need to clear the way for a fresh look Cardiff team

:bluebird:

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:00 am

Warnock seems to like good players that are consistent rather than great players that are inconsistent.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:08 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Warnock seems to like good players that are consistent rather than great players that are inconsistent.

Don't think No one or Pilks can be classed as great players...but I agree Warnock is forever going on about consistency

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:23 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Warnock seems to like good players that are consistent rather than great players that are inconsistent.

Don't think No one or Pilks can be classed as great players...but I agree Warnock is forever going on about consistency

Perhaps we could replace them with R2-D2 and C-3PO for next season?? ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:27 am

Both off the boil more than Betty's hotpots.

£50k between them per week is madness in the grand scheme of things.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:It' looks like both of these big name Cardiff players will be finding new clubs in June, both apperently do not figure in Warnock's plans for next season.

Anthony Pilkington and Craig Noone could be on their way out.

City would save about £50,000 a week.

I feel these nedd to leave pilks just hasnt got a position in warnocks set up and noone is far too inconsistent to get the wages hes on

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:49 am

I'd rather both go and we use part of their wages to keep Bruno!!

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:13 pm

We certainly need better than Pilkington and although I like Noone he is far to inconsistent that's 2.4m a year in wages.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:I'd rather both go and we use part of their wages to keep Bruno!!

agree with this.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:55 pm

lets be honest they wont be missed,noone has been decent in the past but hasnt performed for a few seasons now as for pilks has he ever really performed,constantly flatters to deceive, thanks for the effort and the good times but goodbye and good luck

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm

I don't see anybody taking them on that level of wages so we'll end up paying the lion share of it what ever happens.

Noone contracted until the end of next season and Pilkington until the end of the following season. Noone's contract extension was dealt with when times were significantly better. Pilkington's in Sept of this season was perhaps a mistake.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:14 pm

epping blue wrote:I don't see anybody taking them on that level of wages so we'll end up paying the lion share of it what ever happens.

Noone contracted until the end of next season and Pilkington until the end of the following season. Noone's contract extension was dealt with when times were significantly better. Pilkington's in Sept of this season was perhaps a mistake.

i keep thinking this about a number of players that most dont mind leaving.
who on earth is going to pay inflated wages for players that are in and out of our 11, in Noone,s case been in and out over 4 or 5 managers.
think your right Vinnies check book is going to be out just moving on unwanted players.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Be slightly gutted to see them both go, both had good times and bad times here like one said above.

Noone is a real character and good guy to have around the place but both not been amazing this year and be good to see some new faces while getting rid of the old.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:11 pm

epping blue wrote:I don't see anybody taking them on that level of wages so we'll end up paying the lion share of it what ever happens.

Good point but wasn't Noone wanted by Fulham (or someone else) in the January window? Fingers crossed they might be still stupid enough to still want him :D

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Good point but wasn't Noone wanted by Fulham (or someone else) in the January window? Fingers crossed they might be still stupid enough to still want him :D

Think it was Burton that he was off to

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:07 pm

No doubting these guys can produce a bit of class on their day, but their day isn't very much these days.

Pilks did not alot on Monday.

If them going frees up some cash to get better players in then I'd be all for it.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Pilks needs to leave he doesn't have a role at all in a Neill Warnock side was crap on Monday. When someone offred £2.5 mill for Noone we should have ripped their hand of nice guy and a decent player.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:18 pm

Remember noones first game,debut goal ,running and beating men from in his own half.
Sadly performs probably 1 in 10 games now.
Too much money and too little desire in my opinion.

Pilkington, has he ever performed for us?
Flashes here and there but no consistency unfortunately.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

although inconsistant, I don't think either of them will struggle to find clubs to be honest

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:32 pm

PtB wrote:No doubting these guys can produce a bit of class on their day, but their day isn't very much these days.

Pilks did not alot on Monday.

If them going frees up some cash to get better players in then I'd be all for it.

Agree.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:55 pm

I believe its a good move :thumbup: