Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SNP/LABOUR & LIBS TO JOIN UP? '

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Nicola Sturgeon says SNP will seek ‘progressive alliance’ with Labour and Liberal Democrats to keep out the Conservatives
The First Minister wants to jump into bed with other left-wing parties in the case of another hung parliament

By Natasha Clark

19th April 2017

NICOLA STURGEON will seek to join forces with Labour and the Liberal Democrats to keep out the Conservatives, she said today.

On a visit to her Westminster MPs in Parliament today, the First Minister confirmed that she wants to jump into bed with other left-wing parties in the case of another hung parliament.

Re: ' SNP/LABOUR & LIBS TO JOIN UP? '

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:19 pm

It would be wonderful if it happened but they should have started planning this a long time ago. 7 weeks will not be enough to stop the rot.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 pm

City Slicker wrote:It would be wonderful if it happened but they should have started planning this a long time ago. 7 weeks will not be enough to stop the rot.

Why would it be wonderfull ? Snp in scotland have been woeful

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:It would be wonderful if it happened but they should have started planning this a long time ago. 7 weeks will not be enough to stop the rot.

Woeful in what sense?

We're governed by a Tory party that we didn't vote for. The Scottish Parliament may have some powers but anyone with any sense knows that the powers are minimal in the grand scheme of things and that Westminster calls the shots.

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone in Scotland or Wales is willing to accept English Conservative rule, but that's life.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Thank you PTB

Sense

Too many Tory wankers on this board mind you.
UKIP English nationalists.

Play f**k about people wanting what's best for their country. But stand up for an England centric party doing the same
Ffs
The irony is incredible.

I think an alliance representing the peoples of the uk is much better
than the alliance representing London and the Home Counties.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:18 pm

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Hope you're well mate.

eddiep wrote:Thank you PTB

Sense

Too many Tory wankers on this board mind you.
UKIP English nationalists.

Play f**k about people wanting what's best for their country. But stand up for an England centric party doing the same
Ffs
The irony is incredible.

I think an alliance representing the peoples of the uk is much better
than the alliance representing London and the Home Counties.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:50 pm

PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

We're governed by a Tory party that we didn't vote for. The Scottish Parliament may have some powers but anyone with any sense knows that the powers are minimal in the grand scheme of things and that Westminster calls the shots.

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone in Scotland or Wales is willing to accept English Conservative rule, but that's life.

Spot on!!! Finally some sense being said on this board instead of the same old Bias media crap bwing shared by the right wingers.

The Tories are worried that they could lose up to 30 seats due to Prosecution on fraud, so they need go find them extra seats. We all know how bad the polls have been recently, so I think EVERY PARTY is in for a shock with the Tories losing its now majority.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:52 pm

PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

If your going to post supporting Jimmy Krankie get your facts right, Forestry, Fishing, education, environment, housing, law and order, heaith, local government, sports, tourism, economic development are all devolved so what shots are Westminster calling. The SNP have been a disaster for Scotland the UK economy grows Scotlands doesn't but it's all the b*stard English fault. Natz are an embarrassment who believe whatever some Braveheart retard tells them on twitter, what currency are you going to use, are you going to join NATO, how are you going to get in the EU when Scotlands deficit is worse than Greece. Have you seen the state of Sturgeons own constituency Govanhill, it's a fekkin Pikey cesspit, she couldn't sort her fekkin sock drawer out never mind a Country.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:58 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

Spot on!!! Finally some sense being said on this board instead of the same old Bias media crap bwing shared by the right wingers.

The Tories are worried that they could lose up to 30 seats due to Prosecution on fraud, so they need go find them extra seats. We all know how bad the polls have been recently, so I think EVERY PARTY is in for a shock with the Tories losing its now majority.

Losing their majority bwhahahahaha, your mental. I'll be voting for a Welsh Tory, if your naive enough to believe Labour give a shite about working class people you are beyond hope, a Metropolitan Elite who have never done a real day's work in their lives run Labour. Diane Abbott furfuxsake, Corbyn and McDonnell, you think they're capable of running this country. :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

If your going to post supporting Jimmy Krankie get your facts right, Forestry, Fishing, education, environment, housing, law and order, heaith, local government, sports, tourism, economic development are all devolved so what shots are Westminster calling. The SNP have been a disaster for Scotland the UK economy grows Scotlands doesn't but it's all the b*stard English fault. Natz are an embarrassment who believe whatever some Braveheart retard tells them on twitter, what currency are you going to use, are you going to join NATO, how are you going to get in the EU when Scotlands deficit is worse than Greece. Have you seen the state of Sturgeons own constituency Govanhill, it's a fekkin Pikey cesspit, she couldn't sort her fekkin sock drawer out never mind a Country.

At no point did I declare any support for the SNP in my post. FWIW, year on year funding is cut from Westminster - the impacts are always going to be felt lower down the chain.

Fact remains that Scotland is goverened by a Tory party it didn't vote for.

The UK is a pikey cesspit.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:11 pm

PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

At no point did I declare any support for the SNP in my post. FWIW, year on year funding is cut from Westminster - the impacts are always going to be felt lower down the chain.

Fact remains that Scotland is goverened by a Tory party it didn't vote for.

Funding changes didn't only apply to Scotland, tell me again how Westminster calls all the shots.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Jock wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

Losing their majority bwhahahahaha, your mental. I'll be voting for a Welsh Tory, if your naive enough to believe Labour give a shite about working class people you are beyond hope, a Metropolitan Elite who have never done a real day's work in their lives run Labour. Diane Abbott furfuxsake, Corbyn and McDonnell, you think they're capable of running this country. :banghead: :banghead:

You really are clueless. "Losing a majority" doesn't essentially mean losing an election mind... but yes, let's start with insults. Can I ask first of all, who is your "Welsh Tory"?

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:24 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:
Jock wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

You really are clueless. "Losing a majority" doesn't essentially mean losing an election mind... but yes, let's start with insults. Can I ask first of all, who is your "Welsh Tory"?

Alun Cairns, thanks for explaining the difference between an overall majority government and a minority government, what would I know I'm only a thick Brexit voter ;) missed your answer on the Corbyn crews capability to run the UK.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

Fact remains that Scotland is governed by a Tory party it didn't vote for.

Funding changes didn't only apply to Scotland, tell me again how Westminster calls all the shots.

At no point did I claim Scotland was the only place affected by funding cuts.

Westminster controls the purse strings, controls the cuts and fails to control the rising UK debt.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:20 pm

PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

Westminster controls the purse strings, controls the cuts and fails to control the rising UK debt.

Scotland do well out of the Barnett formula compared to wales and also compared to england they get more per head funding ,the snp call most od the shots and have been woefull in budgeting

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:30 pm

wez1927 wrote:
PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

Scotland do well out of the Barnett formula compared to wales and also compared to england they get more per head funding ,the snp call most od the shots and have been woefull in budgeting

For every person in Scotland the exchequer receives around £800 more than the UK average. So that doing well thing works both ways.

The budgeting maybe is poor, but that in part is down to the funding being cut year on year. You keep cutting at source then the impact will be felt further down the chain.

There's no doubting that the SNP have flaws, to think otherwise would be stupid.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 pm

PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

For every person in Scotland the exchequer receives around £800 more than the UK average. So that doing well thing works both ways.

The budgeting maybe is poor, but that in part is down to the funding being cut year on year. You keep cutting at source then the impact will be felt further down the chain.

There's no doubting that the SNP have flaws, to think otherwise would be stupid.

Scots receive more per head than they generate, that's the important bottom line.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

Scots receive more per head than they generate, that's the important bottom line.

Exactly

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

More fool whoever agreed to that to be honest, however it's still being cut rapidly and will continue to do so - across the board for everyone - while the debt continues to rise.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:57 am

PtB wrote:More fool whoever agreed to that to be honest, however it's still being cut rapidly and will continue to do so - across the board for everyone - while the debt continues to rise.

Your absolutely right. The Tories are past masters at manufacturing situations and then offloading the blame. They have cut the amount given to Scotland in real terms and then point the blame at the SNP because there isn't enough money to go around to fix all the problems in Scotland

In England even now 7 years on they still blame the last Labour Government for THEIR failures in education, housing, the deficit and immigration. Of course they still have another avenue to blame in the Lib/Dems who coped the blame for the bedroom tax and other nasty policies from the ConDem Coalition.

And the gullible still swallow it. :roll:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 am

About right
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 am

Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

Sitting on the fence again Jock. Can see you are not quite sure what to make of Sturgeon and her SNP party. ;)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:04 am

I say vote for the GUY FAWKES party he had the right idea about politics !!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
PtB wrote:More fool whoever agreed to that to be honest, however it's still being cut rapidly and will continue to do so - across the board for everyone - while the debt continues to rise.

Your absolutely right. The Tories are past masters at manufacturing situations and then offloading the blame. They have cut the amount given to Scotland in real terms and then point the blame at the SNP because there isn't enough money to go around to fix all the problems in Scotland

In England even now 7 years on they still blame the last Labour Government for THEIR failures in education, housing, the deficit and immigration. Of course they still have another avenue to blame in the Lib/Dems who coped the blame for the bedroom tax and other nasty policies from the ConDem Coalition.

Barnett was brought in under Labour, the economy crashed under Labour, when the Tories got back into power a note was waiting for them "there's no money". Labour opened the door to uncontrollable inward migration (Cameron was unable to control it because of EU rules) in simple terms Labour get in and throw billions creating non jobs in an already bloated and hugely inefficient public sector, bring the country to its knees then the Conservatives get in and sort it out. It's down to a simple choice
A life of cradle to grave state dependence or self reliance.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Jock wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Barnett was brought in under Labour, the economy crashed under Labour, when the Tories got back into power a note was waiting for them "there's no money". Labour opened the door to uncontrollable inward migration (Cameron was unable to control it because of EU rules) in simple terms Labour get in and throw billions creating non jobs in an already bloated and hugely inefficient public sector, bring the country to its knees then the Conservatives get in and sort it out. It's down to a simple choice
A life of cradle to grave state dependence or self reliance.

Summed up perfectly

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:25 pm

PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

Could it be because they are:

A Stupid (don't even realise that Wales is ruled by another country and that we have no real say in what we do which means we are trapped in eternal poverty)

B Gullible (think that Wales is an integral part of the UK, central to all UK government decision making so "happy days")

C Gutless (realise that Wales is totally controlled in all areas of decision making by the UK government thus rendering us
unable to eradicate the terrible poverty that most of us see every day...BUT are too afraid to stand up for their own communities and their own country of Wales)

D Apathetic (I'm doing ok so f**k the rest of you)

Just asking like :thumbup:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:30 pm

moonboots wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

A Stupid (don't even realise that Wales is ruled by another country and that we have no real say in what we do which means we are trapped in eternal poverty)

B Gullible (think that Wales is an integral part of the UK, central to all UK government decision making so "happy days")

C Gutless (realise that Wales is totally controlled in all areas of decision making by the UK government thus rendering us
unable to eradicate the terrible poverty that most of us see every day...BUT are too afraid to stand up for their own communities and their own country of Wales)

A,C and D for me.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Jock wrote:
moonboots wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

A,C and D for me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: fair play to you :thumbup:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

If the SNP have been such a disaster how did they get 56 out of 59 MPs elected two years ago. Think you need a reality check the vast majority of Scotland seem to think they're doing just fine, but of course if you're an unionist and Rangers fan you wouldn't agree.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
PtB wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Woeful in what sense?

If the SNP have been such a disaster how did they get 56 out of 59 MPs elected two years ago. Think you need a reality check the vast majority of Scotland seem to think they're doing just fine, but of course if you're an unionist and Rangers fan you wouldn't agree.

That's what happens when you give mongtards the vote. An independent Scotland would be Greece without the Sunshine.